ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Fred_Foote"
Fred_Foote

Posted Jul 11, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 5
Has anyone suggested color-coding the "chain" --> red link = no (fail), green link = yes (done), grey link = not marked either way yet. This would supply just a touch more info at a glance. Thanks!

Oh, and although I know you don't comment on time frames, could you please (in this case) let me know if this idea will be implemented on, say, October 8th? (December 2 works well, too.) Thanks in advance.

:)

This message was edited Jul 11, 2015.
Fred_Foote

Posted Jun 04, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Score: 0
Posted by Big Fred:
In my mind, all other features PALE in comparison to simply tapping the Watch in order to add a task.

The Apple Watch -- as all the top reviewers seem to now agree -- is a device for GLANCES and ONE or TWO clicks, never more. For any light-lifting (never mind medium- or heavy-lifting!), we have our phones. I think that's why the ability to see, sort, search, etc., are all danger zones, if not missing the point altogether.

I really hope the app for the Apple Watch: (1) sticks to hotlist only (or maybe a user-defined list, but that's what hotlist is), (2) makes adding tasks a simple tap with Siri ready to take the note, (3) the ability to mark a task on the hotlist as done or deleted. Of these three, Number 2 is the most important. It's what one needs to do in a flash without pulling up the iPhone and finding the app.

Actually, would you consider a separate app that permits Toodledo to be a "complication" in the corner of the Watch and then simply permits the addition of a task upon tapping the complication? That's it. I would use it 10 times a day, at least. Everything else would be easier on our iPhones WHICH WE HAVE ON US. The ONLY thing at which the Apple Watch could kick the iPhone's figurative rear end would be a one-touch app on the Watch for adding a new task without having to pull out the phone, launch the app, etc.

This message was edited Jun 04, 2015.
Fred_Foote

Posted May 24, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 2
One of your suggested habits is "Be happy." That sort of pisses me off.

Just throwin' it out there.

:)
Fred_Foote

Posted May 24, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Love the Habits addition to Toodledo. Love, love!

Can you consider this for the Apple Watch -- AS A SEPARATE APP?

Of course even though I'd like to see it as a separate app, it should integrate into the data stored on the web.

The reason I'd like you to make this a SEPARATE APP rather than part of the implementation of your task app is that the Watch apps that are truly useful minimize taps. Even if one has to scroll or swipe or other maneuver from the task part of a Watch app to the habit part, that's one gesture too many, in my opinion.

To summarize: please make Toodledo Habits a separate and exceedingly simple app for the Apple Watch.

Love you guys!!
Fred_Foote

Posted May 24, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Score: 1
In my mind, all other features PALE in comparison to simply tapping the Watch in order to add a task.

The Apple Watch -- as all the top reviewers seem to now agree -- is a device for GLANCES and ONE or TWO clicks, never more. For any light-lifting (never mind medium- or heavy-lifting!), we have our phones. I think that's why the ability to see, sort, search, etc., are all danger zones, if not missing the point altogether.

I really hope the app for the Apple Watch: (1) sticks to hotlist only (or maybe a user-defined list, but that's what hotlist is), (2) makes adding tasks a simple tap with Siri ready to take the note, (3) the ability to mark a task on the hotlist as done or deleted. Of these three, Number 2 is the most important. It's what one needs to do in a flash without pulling up the iPhone and finding the app.

This message was edited May 24, 2015.
Fred_Foote

Jake, is there an ITA on the iOS 8 problem? Seems like we might be in Beta 5 for two weeks, maybe another Beta, and then Gold Master. Will we have to wait over a month? I hope not!! Thanks!
Fred_Foote

Hello,

I recently did the iOS 8 beta 4 update to my iPhone and iPad, but every time I try to run Toodledo on either device it crashes upon opening. I've tried some of your tips for restarting the phone, and re-installing the app, but nothing has worked thus far. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem??

Thanks!!

This message was edited Jul 24, 2014.
Fred_Foote

Posted Jun 28, 2014 in: iPhone Sync
Yup! Thanks!
Fred_Foote

Posted Jun 14, 2014 in: Export or copy to clipboard
If would be really cool if I could do a search and then have the option to copy the "Task" fields to my clipboard to be able to, for instance, paste them in an email or to another program. Currently after a search I can do four or five things: collapse, print, etc. I'm suggesting adding a function here to copy to clipboard. I could now "print" to a PDF and then copy the Task fields to memory but the items get cut off if the tasks are a little long because I can't figure out how to see my entire Task -- I can only see the first line.

Any thoughts?
Fred_Foote

Posted Jun 14, 2014 in: iPhone Sync
PT_Ken -- can you explain more fully what you did to solve this problem? Until the bug is fixed, I'd like to try what you did but I'm not able to figure it out based on your description above. Maybe I'm being dense. :)
Fred_Foote

Posted May 28, 2014 in: iPhone not syncing deleted task
I am having the problem of my iPhone is not syncing deleted task when a task is deleted from the web. After I delete a task on the web it will be removed from the web app and my iPad, but it will stay in my iPhone and show as a overdue task. Anyone else have this problem and a possible solution ?
Fred_Foote

Posted Nov 04, 2013 in: multi edit from iPhone
I am looking for a way to multi edit from my iPhone. After searching for a while I could not find this feature. Could someone let me know if this is possible and where I can locate multi editing.
Fred_Foote

Score: 1
I understand the reasoning behind the behavior, but I would suggest making that feature an optional behavior. For me I really do believe it is slowing down the expirence of the app with unnecessary clicks to move and complete task while also adding a mess on my screen. I am much happier with a cleaner look to my list.

Also thank you for the quickest way to refresh tip.
Fred_Foote

I am having an issue with tasks showing up twice on my iPhone. I have my settings not to show future tasks. When I have a recurring task, and mark it completed; the task then appears directly under the completed task. This makes it harder to go through tasks when trying to mark things completed. As shown in the pictures below. Is there any way to not allow the task to appear after completion?

My settings
http://i.imgur.com/IRwz4iM.png?1

A task
http://i.imgur.com/FddB2bs.png

A task after completion
http://i.imgur.com/Valo2RM.png

This message was edited Jul 16, 2013.
Fred_Foote

Posted Oct 13, 2012 in: Change past due activities to today?
May I make a suggestion for Toodledo -- one that will save users just one keystroke? When I hit the Multi-Edit button and then click on the date button, can Toodledo AUTOMATICALLY then put me into the date field rather than me having to mouse or tab over to it? That would be so great that I think it just might lead to peace in the Middle East. Thanks.
Fred_Foote

Good point. Thanks.
Fred_Foote

I have a question regarding the iPhone app.

After I sync, the app requires me to wait like 30-40 seconds before I can sync again. Why does the app require me to wait so long before syncing again?

The issue is illustrated in the graphic below. Look in the upper righthand corner. See the "WAIT" button? See the frown on my face? (Well, you can imagine it. Ha!)

Fred_Foote

Here's my test using ImageShack:

You rock, Plyush! Thanks for your patience!

This message was edited Jun 09, 2012.
Fred_Foote

Score: -1
Here she goes!

Still no luck. I don't know if I'm making a grammar mistake or am getting the wrong link from the web. I guess I "can't get there from here." My Snapfish link addresses don't end in .jpg, for instance. That concerns me. Oh, well. Thanks for trying. Can you do it from Snapfish?

This message was edited Jun 07, 2012.
Fred_Foote

Score: -1
"/>

Ugh. I'm looking at your instructions and can't get it to work. For instance, you have four angle brackets above (two >>'s and two <<'s). Is that correct? I find it almost impossible to follow typing instructions because there's grammar used in the instructions themselves.

Help! Thanks!

This message was edited Jun 05, 2012.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next