ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by TheGriff"
TheGriff_2

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: Tags for notes
Score: 0
I've seen the request brought up before and even one time when Jake said the request was on the list. I was wondering if any consideration has been given adding the tags field during the Notes section redesign.
TheGriff_2

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: Progress Report - August 2015
Great progress! I've recently returned to Toodledo after about a year's absence and enjoy seeing the development.
TheGriff_2

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: Columns in multi-line format
I think you are right. In thinking about my request more last evening I realized I consider the multi-line view the data entry view.

I'm looking for a configurable "presentation" view that would be somewhere between the two.
TheGriff_2

Posted Aug 31, 2015 in: Columns in multi-line format
Now that tweaks to the tasks section are under way I'd like to request the ability to add/subtract a few columns from the multi-line format.

I don't find having the first sort criteria displayed as a column. Instead I'd like to be able to choose 2-4 columns to display along with the task. I find the interface to get too crowded in single line mode due to the number of columns I have displayed but unhelpful in multi-line mode.

For example I do use start dates and due dates on some tasks but only about 20% of them. I don't need to see them regularly but do need to see contexts, location and maybe tags.

I'm hoping the update might allow a user to select up to 4 columns to be displayed in multi-line view alongside the task.

TIA

Keith
TheGriff_2

Posted Jul 28, 2015 in: ToodleDo User Interface
I use a couple of different methods to get to what needs doing.

Saved searches are very powerful and I use many to help me drill down to context or location. I've started using the start date functionality more and add that to my searches to filter out the things I don't need to see. I wish TD had the option to hide items starting in the future from view without a search.

I've also started to use stars to notate most important items for the following day. I suppose using priority would be a viable option as well but either way it's nice to click hotlist and see a list of items that I deem most important along with anything due today.

I "study" my system once per day, mostly as my last "task" of the day. I review what's been thrown in my inbox, highlight those tasks I feel most important for tomorrow and generally clean up. I then use the hotlist and searches to run the day to day operation.
TheGriff_2

Posted Jul 28, 2015 in: Time for a price change?
It seems to me the current premium offerings are a bit dated. I'd like to be able to attach lists and outlines to tasks but don't care for file attachments.

To me $30 is a bit steep considering I'd not be using the storage space. I'd love to see the lower priced option move up to $19.99 with the inclusion of attached lists/outlines/notes and the file storage option move up to $34.99 with a bit more file space.

It would seem the file space is the only thing that costs TD any extra money to supply so this could be a way to increase revenue without added cost.

Just a thought...(well a wish)...
TheGriff_2

Score: 1
Currently one can attach notes/outlines/lists to tasks IF they are a premium subscriber at the $30 level. I view the added functionality of lists and outlines to be a way to simplify a task list by breaking non time-sensitive "stuff" out to a different area.

A recent example where this would have come in handy is in planning an event. I had a single task on my list called "group replies". While I could have added a subtask for each person (I'm a $15 subscriber) it would have been cleaner to create a list of the people expected to reply and attach it to a single task. Then as each person replied I could have visited the list and ticked off those who'd replied. Only once the list was filled with ticks would I check off "group replies".

I think lists would be handy for packing, groceries, stores, cleaning routines, etc. when used in the way described above. One task, "get groceries" with an attached list to the grocery list.

I don't find much benefit to the outlines feature though as it does seem to duplicate the functionality of tasks/subtasks. Were there a way to send an individual outline item or node to the task list then I would see benefit with project planning.
TheGriff_2

Posted Jul 23, 2015 in: How do I associate a goal with a habit?
Score: 3
Posted by Jake:
Right now, habits cannot be associated with goals, but this is something that we are thinking about for a future update.

Please add a +1 for this request.
TheGriff_2

Posted Sep 20, 2010 in: Newbie questions
I echo what Andrew said though I use folders differently. For me folders are my per client view (one folder for each client). I then use the parent task=project perspective for managing projects within each client folder.
TheGriff_2

I don't think the existing method is not useful but I do think it could be improved. Specifically I'd love to see integration w/ Dropbox so that I can have all of my files in one spot.
TheGriff_2

Posted Sep 06, 2010 in: iPhone App Search Sync Wanted
+95, please. Been waiting for this for over a year.
TheGriff_2

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
Sounds like a great update! I was wondering that that new Locations area was when I logged in this morning. Thanks for the hard work!
TheGriff_2

I think you have a valid question...particularly with the moderating. I know I would certainly be willing to be on a team of mods for free.

That said, Many of us enjoy Toodledo exactly how it is. If you look through the news forum you will see MANY improvements have been made including an impressive back-end server move.

I doubt anyone will e-mail you when "real" improvement takes place. Improvement is in the eye of the beholder.
TheGriff_2

I missed that optional part...sorry for the semi-un-needed post.

I check my Inbox twice a day...don't really pay attention to the task count. I consider this my way of controlling the tasks rather than the tasks controlling me. ;-)
TheGriff_2

Please do not implement this request or at least make it user configurable. I do not use folders for my personal tasks so this would make a mess of my Inbox.
TheGriff_2

Posted Aug 12, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 3
First official request to have this thread locked by Toodledo.

I'd also like a way to block certain user's posts from my view. Quite sick of seeing negative, non-productive crud.

Thanks in advance...
TheGriff_2

This is actually due to a well known bug in Chrome with drop-down lists. It has been mentioned elsewhere on the forums and I believe Toodledo is currently waiting for Google to fix the bug.
TheGriff_2

Look towards the top of your list...you should see a "Filter" area that you can click.
TheGriff_2

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: How do I sync with Ipad?
You have to setup syncing on the iPad. Within the Toodledo app go to settings->sync.
TheGriff_2

Are you sure your iPhone is sync'd to the website? You might try going into settings->sync and performing a manual sync. They should then update properly.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next