ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DavidSzp"
DavidSzp

Posted Sep 22, 2008 in: Sync Flagged e-mails/Tasks
Score: 0
  • DavidSzp
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2008
  • Score: 0
Flagged emails are displayed with tasks in Outlook 2007 but they are not really tasks. They are emails with flags. No real reason for them to sync just because Outlook now displays them with tasks, unfortunately. They aren't really "in" the tasks folder in Outlook, Outlook just does a "search for flagged items" and displays them. OneNote actually creates task items which is why that works properly (I haven't tested it but you said it does and I believe it).

That's how I understand it at least. I tried the Outlook sync but I don't like Outlook tasks anyway so I likely won't keep using it. I'll instead probably forward emails to the Toodledo Import email address and use that to create Toodledo tasks. Of course, that doesn't affect the original email when you complete it in Toodledo. It's probably doable in a sync tool given the Toodledo API but would require some hefty matching algorithm work!
DavidSzp

Posted Sep 19, 2008 in: LifeHacker To Do Manger Poll
  • DavidSzp
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2008
Posted by J-Mac:
Unfortunately, most posters at LifeHacker only like FREE applications, and anything that requires payment is inferior or evil to many there. Gets silly after a while.

Jim

Ironically, it looks like they chose Remember The Milk as one of the winners of that poll, which requires payment for Pro features just like Toodledo (including to use their iPhone webapp). I tried RTM just before I found Toodledo and fell in love...the grass is greener over here, for me at least :-)
DavidSzp

Posted Sep 19, 2008 in: embedding Toodledo into your desktop
Score: 1
  • DavidSzp
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2008
  • Score: 1
If you have the Google Chrome browser, you can create an Application shortcut for Toodledo that opens in a separate, dedicated window with it's own icon and no address bar/tabs. Good for Gmail as well, or any other "webapp" you use regularly. I'm doing this on multiple computers and it works very well! I have not used the AIR app but this seems like it's a similar idea. Benefit of Chrome is it runs VERY fast, esp. for JavaScript stuff.
DavidSzp

• DavidSzp
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2008
Posted by Colin A:
Or you could use Google Chrome - Application shortcut feature...works well for me

I've been doing exactly this with a Chrome Application shortcut for Toodledo (and Gmail and Freshbooks!) for about a week now and it's great! Hightly recommended, and Chrome runs very fast especially with JavaScript-heavy pages.
DavidSzp

Posted Sep 13, 2008 in: Add subtasks directly to a task
  • DavidSzp
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2008
I noticed this iPhone webapp functionality recently and would love to see it on the full web version as well! And the inheritance of "parent task" setting would absolutely rock as well. Count me for a vote!
DavidSzp

Posted Sep 11, 2008 in: subfolders?
  • DavidSzp
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2008
If Contexts are not being otherwise used they could be projects or clients. However, Appigo toDo does not support contexts yet either, but I know it's on their todo list (ha ha) per their Google Group and is a commonly requested feature. I'm awaiting this myself before I purchase it! My guess is they will support contexts and possibly subtasks before they support goals, but that's just a guess. And elsewhere on these forums it was mentioned that their app also does not properly reschedule a recurring event if you mark it as read from within the app (but it works fine if you mark complete within the Toodledo web interface on the desktop or iPhone).
DavidSzp

Posted Sep 11, 2008 in: iPod Touch & Toodledo?
  • DavidSzp
I have an iPhone and would still prefer an app to a webapp, but I am using the web version for now because Appigo Todo does not support subtasks or contexts yet and supposedly does not properly schedule recurring tasks if marked as done within the app. Once it does that I will likely buy it if a better solution is not yet available by then.

Copy/paste only affects me occasionally on the iPhone in general. I will be happy to have it when it finally is added but I much prefer the iPhone w/o copy/paste to my old Treo 650 with!! Better apps, better UI; in general, better, though I had a lot of initial issues before the 2.0.2 firmware and am looking forward to 2.1 tomorrow!

This message was edited Sep 11, 2008.
DavidSzp

Posted Sep 11, 2008 in: Overdue rollover Feature Request
  • DavidSzp
Not sure of the ideal "overdue rolled forward" solution but if you do a search on all tasks that are overdue and save the search, you can do a multi-edit and change the due date to today or any future day for all tasks. Not as nice as changing each individually, but can help move a bunch quickly to "x" days in the future, and away from being overdue!

This message was edited Sep 11, 2008.
DavidSzp

Score: 1
  • DavidSzp
  • Score: 1
Can I vote 10 times? That's just two in binary :-) I'd put both of them towards a native iPhone app! The iPhone web interface and availability of Appigo's Todo app (which I have not yet purchased due to lack of subtasks and contexts, and now I hear recurring tasks support) were two huge sellers on going to Toodledo and I recently purchased a Pro account as I like it that much.

A bonus vote would go towards Gears for offline use (would be great as a Chrome Application like I already use it, since Gears comes built into Google Chrome). But I wouldn't ask for any time to be spent on this until an iPhone app was out!
DavidSzp

Posted Sep 11, 2008 in: Wish: skip one iteration of a repeat
  • DavidSzp
I haven't tested this, but I believe from reading the Help file regarding future tasks, you can put a ? (question mark) as the symbol just before the due date to make a task optional. If it's a repeating task and it's after the due date, it skips to making it due on the next repeat instead. The = (equals sign) can be substituted if you want a task to be due on a particular date, but not before (but this does not make it optional like ? does).

Search the Help for "future tasks" (without the quotes) for two or three really good entries, or this is the most relevant to this question: How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?
Skip to Page:  1   2