ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by tbaker"
tbaker

Score: 0
  • tbaker
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2009
  • Score: 0
Thanks for the Very quick reply. A search on the forums for "modify multiple" didn't turn it up, but I guess I was using the wrong term = modify/edit.

I'll give this a shot, Thanks.
tbaker

• tbaker
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2009
Hi all,
Is there a way to select a whole bunch of tasks at once and change attributes for them all at the same time?

For example, even though I have a pretty well organized task list, I have far more stuff listed to get done today than I'll ever be able to. My typical morning consists of looking at overdue tasks, basically the stuff I didn't get done yesterday, and updating them accordingly by updating the due date, or delegating the tasks (I use the Tag Column for who I've asked to help).

My ideal process would be to somehow select all of the items I want to make the same change to, and do it once for all of the items, not one by one as it's very time consuming. Is there a way to do this already?
tbaker

Posted Sep 15, 2009 in: Project Management
  • tbaker
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2009
I could also see this working well, though it wouldn't help me much as I've already configure my account ;-)
tbaker

Posted Sep 14, 2009 in: Project Management
  • tbaker
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2009
Proximo,
Thanks for the reply. I am able to fit very small projects into the Toodledo model, basically large tasks that use sub-tasks.

If Toodledo adds another layer of subtasks, that should pretty much open up the ability to create as many task "layers" as necessary, as once something has the ability to be both a parent and a child, it can recurse infinitely. Whether the developers decide for that to be handled, and thus displayed, nicely is a whole other story.

With regards to "view tasks by assignment" I was thinking more along the lines of have all your resources lised on the top, or in a side pane and click them to have their delegated tasks highlighted in the whole project view. Having this would help see where it fits into the whole project. Currently leveraging the Task based system using Tags as the name of the 'delege' the only way to call out the persons tasks is to move away from seeing the whole project as well.

Again, all of these are ideas if Toodledo is moving in a Project oriented direction. I understand that that might not be the case and my thoughts might be better suited for another project, no pun intended.
tbaker

Posted Sep 13, 2009 in: Project Management
  • tbaker
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2009
Hi Everyone,
I'm a huge fan of Toodledo for Task management. I've put just about my whole life into it.

I'm finding more and more that I want to use it for basic task management. I'd love to be able to do some, if not all of the following...

- Task Dependancy, Have a task dependant on another task's completion
- Delegate Tasks (Can kindof be done now, I use Tag for assignment)
- Nested Tasks, Currently subtasks are limited to One level.
- Task Completion Percentage rollup. Have tasks have a "Percentage Complete" and have it roll up to list how % complete a parent task is.
- View Tasks by assignment (again, can somewhat be done now if you use Tag as assigned person)

I know toodledo is a task management system, but I see huge potential for it to fit Project management as well. Is this the intended roadmap for the system, or should I be looking at other packages?
tbaker

Posted Aug 27, 2009 in: Date Selected in Calendar
  • tbaker
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2009
My timezone is set accurately.

For reference, Toodldo iPhone app is showing the date properly so it does seem isolated down to the code running the Date Picker.

I'm not using Due Times, or even start date/time for that matter, only Due Dates. I had turned Due Times on to experiment if it helped me in my process out, but didn't find myself using it, so I've since turned it off. I'm not sure if this is related, but just trying to provide as much troubleshooting info as possible.

Seeing it in Both IE and FF. I'm happy to help with any additional testing as I can't seem to make it go away. :)
tbaker

Posted Aug 26, 2009 in: Date Selected in Calendar
  • tbaker
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2009
Hello everyone,
I have the Toodledo news in my RSS feeds, so I don't think I've missed an announcement, but have noticed a change that I don't quite understand.

I have due dates set for all applicable tasks, and usually have to update them when tasks change. I've noticed that the Darker Blue date that shows up as selected is not the due date I had set, but the date before it.

Is this a bug, or am I missing some functionality that is apparent to everyone else?
tbaker

Posted Jan 14, 2009 in: Overdue Tickets Search
  • tbaker
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2009
Wow. Talk about leaping before you look. I was overcomplicating it (as I usually do).

It appears the smarty pants over at toodledo have already anticipated people MIGHT want to see the tasks they have overdue and put a Due-Date -> Overdue tab out there for us...
tbaker

Posted Jan 14, 2009 in: Overdue Tickets Search
Score: 1
  • tbaker
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2009
  • Score: 1
Hello All,
I'm using a few Saved searches to view all tickets that fit specific criteria. A new search I can see being useful is "Overdue Tickets"

to accomplish this I've added the following Rules
- Checked = No
- Due Date is before today

Though it also includes tasks that have no due date set. I use this for tasks like "Burn XYZ CD" or "Buy This book" "Read News Article" that I don't necessarily want to set a due date for.

It looks like the importance falls to <3 for all of these tasks, but I can't search by importance... Any tips on how to show only tasks that are overdue?
Skip to Page:  1   2