ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by sventhebrit"
sventhebrit

Score: 1
Hi Marco,

The Outlook Sync Tool is a 3rd Party App (not from Toodledo), so you should repost in the 3rd Party App Forum.

It is my undertanding that Outlook High Priority maps to Toodledo High Priority. The issue is for tasks created on the website with a Top priority, it has nowhere to go in Outlook, so the Outlook Sync tool assigns it a High Priority.

If you post in 3rd Party App Forum, I am sure Keef will be able to advise further.

Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jul 23, 2009 in: Syncing, but nothing happens.
Hi There,

I use this setup at the moment - Outlook > Toodledo.Com > iPhone and it works flawlessly.

Before people on here will be able to help, and there will be lots of people willing to help you will need to provide some basic information.

1) What version of the sync tool are you using.
2) Double check your login details are correct.
3) Make sure your time on Toodledo correclty matches the time on your PC.

You could also try these steps:-
1) You don't mention that you have tasks in Outlook. I presume you do, but please try create a task in Outlook and a task on Toodledo.Com. For example call them OutlookTask1 and ToodleDoTask1
2) Go into the outlook Sync tool and goto the diagnostics panel (Select both trace options at the top).
3) Perform a sync and you will find that there is diagnostic information logged relating to the Sync. There is a lot of information, but normally glancing through it you may be able to identify errors and express them here so people can comment.
4) Copy the text from the sync and save to a text file -- you may need this later and could perhaps email to the developer so he can isolate the problem.

Questions
1) Did the tasks sync ?
2) Where there any noticaable errors in the log file?

Hope you get it working soon.
Steve
sventhebrit

Score: 0
I use a special folder (@ To Be Processed) which I have as my first folder, but I must admit it is messy. The disadvantage of using "No Folder" as an inbox is that it appears over to the right on the folder view. If I could move it to the left, then I would use it.

It would be even better if it was called inbox and it appeared on the left - it would make more sense then.

Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jul 05, 2009 in: iPhone Push Notifications
@Francesco

Try entering an email address as a reminder destination (Alarm Slot) and then check if the email arrives.

If I set a reminder for 15 mins before the event, it typically arrives 19mins before -- so make sure you give it enough time to arrive. Set the due time 30mins in the future to be sure.

Also, you need an active data connection for the push to work -- so make sure your phone has reception to recieve the notification.

Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jul 05, 2009 in: A few tweaks for reminders
Score: -1

I don't see any way to configure which todos are to be send to which e-mail addresses. For example, I'd like the todos that are in my "Work" folder to the "work" e-mail address.

A slick way to implement something like this would be to use "Targets" as implemented by "www.gopingme.com". You can configure multiple email addresses on this site (PingMe isn't a GTD manager, but more simply offers an email reminder service) - it is just the target feature I am endorsing.

Suggestion
Also, in terms of reminders - I love the functionality. On the website, do we really need the reminder checkbox -- If I select the time ie.15mins, then this indicates I want the reminder so I don't see a need for the checkbox as well. The same logic is in the iPhone interface - I only have to select the value.

Thanks
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jul 01, 2009 in: Customizable reminders/alarms
Hi,

Been trying out the reminder functions and receiving reminder emails to my email inbox on my iPhone -- it has been working very well.

I have a suggestion for an improvement which could be a useful option for the iPhone users. When an email comes in, have a hotlink in the email - when you click it, it opens up the Toodledo and takes you directly to the task.

The process for doing this is documented at this URL (this explains how to open the app - not sure about going to the exact task) ... http://iphonedevelopertips.com/cocoa/launching-your-own-application-via-a-custom-url-scheme.html

I realise that push notifications are coming and whilst they are great at alerting you, I do find that if another push notification comes in it overwrites the previous one -- so you could miss a notification. Having the link embedded in the email would make the reminder emails more useful -- if you have an iPhone.

Comments anyone ?
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jun 26, 2009 in: Outlook Sync Tool and Due Time
Thanks Keef,
I did message Jake and I don't beleive the Alarm flag is in the API yet.
In terms of the Due time, it isn't a major issue for me -- but if you do get time, this would be great thing to have working in a future release.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jun 26, 2009 in: Outlook Sync Tool and Due Time
Keef,
I have started to use Due time to enable the reminder options on the Toodledo Website. Does the Sync Tool support Due Time fully as I appear to have found some inconsistencies (all of these were carried out with the remindme option deselected)
a) If I make a change to the Due Time on Toodledo, it is correctly synced to the Outlook
b) If I delete the Due Time on Toodledo, the change is not reflected in Outlook - The task still has a Due Time.
c) If I delete the Reminder Time in Outlook, the web is correctly updated
d) If I make a change to the Reminder Time in Outlook, it is not synced correctly to the web. In this instance, the reminder time is cleared from the web.
Also, at the moment I don't think it is possible to set the alarm flag from within Outlook (ie. No custom field) and then sync to the website. Will this be supported in a future release?
Hope the above makes sense.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jun 24, 2009 in: gopingme.com
Hi All,
I use this service too for re-occuring tasks that I want to appear in my inbox. I have found it very reliable and useful. I guess the new reminder options from Toodledo will make me re-evaluate the situation, but my experience with gopingme.com has always been very good.
Steve
sventhebrit

@Vin Thomas
Thanks for the tip - I didn't know this was possible.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Mar 26, 2009 in: SSL encryption no longer gives warning
Anyone else seeing the forums in text only - no colours, etc - when viewing by HTTPS. It all looks Ok on HTTP. The To-Do list looks fine, it is just affecting the Forums.

Thanks
Steve

This message was edited Mar 26, 2009.
sventhebrit

Posted Mar 10, 2009 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.5 is Available
@mumfie
Just to confirm, I have similar setup to you (XP and O/L 2007) and the update is working fine. I can also confirm it fixed the problem where Toodledo updates weren't being synced.

* Did you remove the previous version prior to installing the new one?
* What sort of error are you getting? If you goto the Diganostic tab, click on the 2 left checkboxes and perform a sync. You should see the error.

If you post the error, Keef will be able to advise.

Steve
sventhebrit

You can export tasks and the notes
See https://www.toodledo.com/export.php for the options.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Mar 08, 2009 in: Time 1 hour wrong
Good catch, I just updated mine too on the website.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Mar 08, 2009 in: Due Date
Tim got there just before me with the post.
I guess either procedure does the same thing.
The good news is that it is all fixed for now.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Mar 08, 2009 in: Due Date
Hi All,
Just to let you know -- it is all working correctly again.
I synced with Toodledo and then on the iPhone ... I selected Settings > Delete ALL tasks, folders, contexts and goals on the iPhone. Clicked on Purge data now. This immediately deleted all the tasks on my iPhone. I then navigated back to the main screen and clicked on Sync.
All is well and tasks are showing on the right date.
Not sure what the issue was (maybe DST changes in the US), but it is working again now.
Regards
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Mar 07, 2009 in: Due Date
I have created a support ticket for this issue - Ticket #595
Steve
sventhebrit

Some further info to replicate

Add multiple tasks to the Toodledo Website
Task for 4th March
Task for 5th March
Task for 6th March
Task for 7th March
Task for 8th March
Task for 9th March
Task for 10th March

Set the options so they appears in your No Folder tab.
Call up No Folder and then manualy change the Due date to 4th, 5th, 6th, etc respectively for each of the tasks.

Sync with the iPhone and check the "No Folders" for the newly created tasks.

See Pics and note the Tasks for 9th and 10th are incorrect.

http://i44.tinypic.com/s419c7.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/1f8c20.jpg

Regards
Steve

Edit Reason: Changed URLs and removed the table as it didn't format correctly

This message was edited Mar 07, 2009.
sventhebrit

Hi Jake,
I am using the latest version of the iPhone app 1.4.1.

In terms of time zone, the times displayed on both devices are correct.

iPhone, I cannot find the setting in the Toodledo app but the in my seetings I have 24Hr ON, Timezone London and confirm that the date and time is set correctly.

On the websute, Under account settings my Date/Time is set to M/D/Y and the displayed time is exactly the same of my iPhone.

Are there other settings I should be looking at ?

Thanks
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Mar 06, 2009 in: iPhone App Updated
Hi,
Just posted same error in the General section - Subject: Due Date.
Sorry, I hadn't seen this thread.
Any news on a fix?
Steve
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next