ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by HansD"
HansD

Posted May 09, 2009 in: multilayered tabbed viewing
Score: 0
  • HansD
  • Posted: May 09, 2009
  • Score: 0
Hi Anders, absolutely there are more ways. So it's no problem for me if it isn't coming. And if I don't ask, it it less likely to come :-)

Toggle dividers comes some way, but after sorting/filtering on another colum I have to redo the toggle dividers and reopening.
Currently tags have an 'issue' when a task has multiple tags.
Multilevel sorting/filtering is easier with this kind of nested tabbing.
HansD

• HansD
Sort is not quite the same, this is more like quick filtering and not being distracted by the other tasks
HansD

• HansD
I like the current tab display (eg view by folder, all folders have their own tab).

For me it would be a help if this can be nested, eg view by folder tab and below i can do eg by context or tag (and perhaps some more). Being able to make these nesting sticky, eg keep the nesting while switching the tab or type of view on a higher level.

(imagines an overflowing folder of user requests for toodledo)
HansD

Posted May 09, 2009 in: How do you edit tasks?
  • HansD
with javascript a lot of magic can happen. Notes I dont want to edit in a single line (some notes are larger)
HansD

Posted May 08, 2009 in: How do you edit tasks?
  • HansD
  • Posted: May 08, 2009
That would be a multine then (auto size or so) or a serate box (first showing 1-2 lines, when it has the focus it will expand some more). For a multiline: first line is the task, lines below would be the note
HansD

Posted May 07, 2009 in: How do you edit tasks?
  • HansD
  • Posted: May 07, 2009
@Anders,
anything that is not supported by the syntax must be fixed thus (so we can have it at both places)
HansD

• HansD
My inbox is quite virtual. For toodledo, it is made up of the tasks without folder/context, otherwise it's my email box etc from where I create my todos in toodledo. It's how I can easy distinguish tasks that I need to integrate into my own system.

In case of collaboration, it could be some other status or so in case of shared folders/contacts.

And yes, it was rhetorical (Anders, did you get some sleep at last?). Did you also talk with your coworkers about this?

I can only write about my personal situation, and it could be perfectly ok how you think it should be in your case.
HansD

Posted May 07, 2009 in: How do you edit tasks?
  • HansD
Yep, can see the added value of having an edit window like the task entry window. If only one a few fields need editing, the inline is perfect.
Switch to another view (like grid to mutli line) will break the flow, so a no go for me

Personally I would like to see a a one line edit box where I can use the email syntax, both for adding an editing.
HansD

• HansD
Seems more like a displaying issue/feature, so you get direct visual feedback about your added task.
HansD

Posted May 07, 2009 in: subtasks only go down one level?
  • HansD
Posted by bartlett.jason:
What I would really like to see in Toodledo is a way to properly filter to real "Next Actions". For example if I have 4 subtasks under a task, a filter option that would only show one of them. I haven't been able to come up with a way to make a search query that shows me only one "Next Action" per project (without manually adjusting other tasks when I complete one.

Well, ToDo can show you what the next actions are - as you have indicated what they are, eg by using the status field.

What you are looking for - and many others - is to have ToDo work out when an task can be switched to a Next Action state, either by having the nesting/hierarchy of tasks, sequnetials etc. Thus a more active approach.

In case of a nested taskset, must Toodledo than switch the status of the parent task to Next Action? Seems to me this must only be done in special cases, eg when then status of the direct parent has NA on completion of subtaks or so, as I prefer my apps do not make too much assumptions.

The other ways could be that it has already a status Next Action, but this is temporary 'blocked' because it has incompleted subtasks.
But here again, I might want to show these kind of tasks also as next action where you don't.
HansD

Posted May 06, 2009 in: subtasks only go down one level?
  • HansD
  • Posted: May 06, 2009
Hi Vin,

something related I've mentioned in http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1881/0/searching.html

I'd rather keep it more flexible, hence the search as a folder (this way you can create more levels, even more if you can search in other search-folders.
HansD

Score: 1
  • HansD
  • Posted: May 06, 2009
  • Score: 1
context can be anything, depends on your state of mind, if you read the gtd book and how your interpreted it. For me it is a combo of what i need and where it is (and sometime only one of them).
If you work closely together I can imaging you can have some synce/linked contexts and/or folders. even then, I would prefer to receive the stuff via my inbox so I can process it when and how I want. An action that is clear for one might be to high level for another. (what is your definition of task?)

I'm a consultant and collaborate with a lot of people. But their @work could be my @onsite (and thus refer to the same)
HansD

Posted May 05, 2009 in: Two More Improvements
  • HansD
  • Posted: May 05, 2009
The earlier mentioned undo would certainly be helpful. I understand this involves some more effort, so having the described small helpers are quick fixes.

Re the icon, would certainly help if we can move all columns in a view. (having the notes and trash icon hidden on the right are certainly not helping me)
HansD

Score: 2
  • HansD
  • Posted: May 05, 2009
  • Score: 2
Just my 2 cts - the toodledo setup is quite personal, so for me it is obvious that folders and contexts are not shared. Your @work might be my @onsite etc. If I allow you to set these values for me, it might result in me not trusting my system anymore.

however, the concept of a shared folder might be usefull indeed, or the system indicating what the original values where (where you can easily take these as input)
HansD

Posted May 03, 2009 in: 2 Fixes Toodledo URGENTLY Needs
  • HansD
  • Posted: May 03, 2009
By using wordwrap, all the taskinfo would still be on the same row, only the row is a bit larger.
Although I don't have that long task titles I can image that sometimes I may have and would indeed like to see the full task title and not have it cut off.
HansD

Posted Apr 29, 2009 in: serach and subtasks
  • HansD
  • Posted: Apr 29, 2009
Hi, as indicated:
- The subtasks DO match the search criteria.
- The subtasks DO show up on the initial search (flattened subtasks)
- The subtasks are removed when nesting the tasks

Removing/hiding the subtasks that do match the criteria is the bug.
(in my case, my only criteria are: not checked or (folder A or folder B).
HansD

Posted Apr 28, 2009 in: saved views
  • HansD
  • Posted: Apr 28, 2009
love how the views can be customised etc.
The love can be bigger when

1. we can save views (columsn placing, sizing, sorting, filtering)
> some setups I use more often, would be great if i can easily switch to a certain display instead of rearranging

2. default views can be set per 'view by'
> i have some defaults I prefer. If rearranging another screen, it's not perse that I want that arrangement in the other views

3. sorting can be done for all columns by clicking a column header), eg star can now only be reached via the sorting menu
4. all views that can be sorted on can be viewed, eg importance
> In both cases, allow for easy sorting without having to pull up a sorting screen. For complex sorting (multilevel), another menu is fine.

5. all columns can be rearranged, eg the current icons for notes and trash are always on the right
6. we can rename columns (some name can be smaller)
7. columns with fixed values (prio, status) can be shown using the full value names (currently) or with an abbreviation (eg prio by number of !, or just the number, status by a shortcode). The full name can be shown using mouse oevr tips. And perhaps even shorten the Tomorrow
> Optimize the layout, cater for smaller screens

Appreciate how you incorporate suggestions from users, big and small. The list on http://www.toodledo.com/info/news.php is impressive.
Hope the points above will make it to that publication in a not too far future.
HansD

Posted Apr 28, 2009 in: serach and subtasks
  • HansD
  • Posted: Apr 28, 2009
By default I have the tasks flattened.
HansD

Posted Apr 27, 2009 in: Rapid Entry Feature Request
  • HansD
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2009
HansD

Posted Apr 27, 2009 in: serach and subtasks
  • HansD
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2009
Nope, not quite. The subtasks are in the folder as specified by the search, and they come up nice when showing the flat tasks.
But on toggle the subtaks, they disappear, altough they math the filter criteria!

The parent tasks are also in the folder as specified by the search, appear on the flat layout and are the only tasks left when doing the toggle.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next