Search results for "Posted by "
Duo

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • Duo
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2019
  • Score: 0
Great find @Scott Florack!

If this is real then it's looking more and more like the situation with Nirvana - push out a lifetime subscription then leave the servers up for a while but do nothing else.

From the Stacksocial site linked above:
Lifetime Plus subscription ls $39.99 down from $249.40 - when was this ever offered at any price?
3 Year Plus subscription $29.99 down from $179.64.
1 year Plus subscription $19.95 down from $59.88.

So basically for $4.11 more than the Standard 1 year subscription, priced at $35.88, you can have a Plus subscription for life???

Perhaps jacking up the prices to insane levels wasn't such a good idea after all.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2019.
Duo

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Moving On: Final Post
  • Duo
One hidden post in this thread (for me) by @DrFrankBuck as noted by @Larry2 in this thread:

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/27251/0/anant-can-you-give-us-an-update.html

From the search:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/search_power.php?user=821630

Posted 1 day ago in: Moving On: Final Post

Remember the Milk is a terrific option. I made the move in October and was up and running in no time.
Enhancement Toodledo talked about such as migrating overdue tasks forward is already there in RTM. Collaboration is there even in the free version.
The note field is automatically date/time stamped.
Editing multiple tasks is easier.
The keyboard shortcuts amazing.
If you want drag-and-drop ordering of tasks, it's there.

When I chose Toodledo 6 or so years ago, I preferred it over Remember the MIlk. But in 2016, RTM went through a significant upgrade.

Duo

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Duo
Posted by Purveyor:
For those who think that Toodledo is dying, web traffic has increased in the past 90 days:
Alexa traffic stats.

Well, perhaps it's all the users jumping ship and they're exporting their tasks ...
Or it could be that advertising is driving new users to the website.
We don't know how successful Toodledo is now compared to when Jake ran the show.

You're right. It has increased in the last 90 days - I seem to remember that they did hire a marketing person to drive traffic here.

That doesn't mean there are any or many conversions, especially since they removed links to the pricing for those who have not signed up.

Also, according to Jake's web page the site was ranked in the top 10,000 (at some point) but when I looked at Alexa yesterday it was in the top 18,000. It would be good to see more than 90 days worth of Alex data.

Posted by Purveyor:

BTW, am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that the "Last Post" for all active topics listed in the News Forum is "by Toodledo"?

No. It bothers me too.

Duo

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Anant, can you give us an update?
  • Duo
Well now, @DrFrankBuck, logged in or logged out, the same happens to me.

You are dead to me!!!

Only your memory lives on via the search... for now.

Also, the thread count here was 11 when I posted but I could only see only 9 posts.

I can't see your very old posts either. For instance in the post "Searching in Chrome", posted on March 25, 2013, I can only see Jake's reply.

In the last year there are many times when I have seen something like this happen - the thread stamp time has been adjusted but the latest post isn't visible.

I used to think that the post was awaiting approval by a moderator. Now it appears to be something else - your posts appear to be hidden.

I guess a newer timestamp than the last visible post or a higher post count than the visible number of posts are both indicators that something is amiss.

@Larry2 thanks for pointing this out.

Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2019
Posted by dotparker:
I just spent half the day testing out Clickup in hopes it could replace Toodledo. Nope. Clickup is SLOOOOW and wastes so much screen real estate with blank space, plus it cannot do boolean-based reports (or a Hotlist that includes both Due Today and Next Actions all on one screen). But, the killer is the slow as molasses performance of the Clickup Windows client. I need to get things done, and the wait time for screen refresh is nuts. Sticking with Toodledo with fingers crossed that they succeed.

Were you able to test the 2.0 beta?
Duo

• Duo
Posted by greginfla:
Does Toodledo have a history of taking down negative post? I notice the threat pro/cons of toodledo alternative seems to be taken down. If it was my business I would too, but I haven't seen this activity in the past. Just wondering if this is a new charter of Toodeldo.

It's still there in the 'Questions' forum:

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26261/0/proscons-of-alternatives-to-toodledo.html

but now it's currently back on page 3 since the last reply was on July 18th 2019.

I'm pretty sure I answered that same question a couple of weeks ago but I can't see that post anywhere.
Duo

Posted Aug 17, 2019 in: Dangerous Bug
  • Duo
Posted by SirLouen:
Who is Jack?

Jake was the creator of Toodledo. He ran it for many years up until last year:

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/25931/0/future-plans.html
Duo

Posted Aug 16, 2019 in: Dangerous Bug
Score: 1
  • Duo
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2019
  • Score: 1
Posted by SirLouen:

[...]

What it's quite intriguing is what @Duo comments. A heavy recurring user not falling into this?
The most common scenario happens with checking multiple dailies at once

So it's extremely easy to reproduce this bug:

1. Create a lot of dailies, 40 or 50
2. Check them all at once in groups of 10
3. You will see that at least 1 or 2 will end the recurring process.

Maybe there is a sync issue or something. But months continue without this being solved.

@SirLouen

I read your comment and it made me realise that I need to clarify something -

I USED to be a heavy Toodledo user but not any more.

I stopped using Toodledo for anything other than tasks that only had to be reviewed every few months and historical data shortly after Jake left.

I haven't been in a position to know whether recurring tasks work or not since last year.

I NEVER ran into this issue during my many years of heavy usage while Jake was running the show and I didn't see a stream of reports either.

What I wrote previously does not make the critical point that I have not used the software for recurring tasks since before changes were made by the new owners.

Posted by Duo:
[...]

I am a very, very heavy user of recurring tasks (many every day, every other day, several a week, several per month, quarterly, bi-annually, every 9 months, annually) and if there is an issue with them I notice right away (as I have done when there are issues on other platforms).

I have never run into this bug and I never saw any complaints about it before, although my not running into the bug and not seeing the odd complaint doesn't really mean much. However, I have never seen a barrage of complaints like I have now and I know that now many people who used Toodledo heavily over the past 4 years no longer use it.

[...]

Apologies. This should have contained a statement to the effect that I no longer use this platform in that way. Without that it is misleading as to my recent and current usage.

I had planned to add something about that as well as pointing out that if I were experiencing those issues and had still been using Toodledo I would have stopped almost immediately.
Duo

Posted Aug 04, 2019 in: Adroid app due date problems
  • Duo
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2019
Posted by enigment:
Hmmm, I see that the DGT GTD Value Pack has Dropbox backup and restore, as well as FTP sync, either of which might have gotten me out of the Toodledo nonsense.

Is there more info about these features somewhere? It's not listed on the DGT web page.

FWIW, I'd never heard of that pack before you posted about it. Were DGT users supposed to have been notified? Why is it a separate install if it's still free?

I seem to remember that there was also forum.

I don't know why they were implemented as separate packages. Possibly to allow for modifications without affecting the main code or maybe to allow separate charging should the developer wish? I also see that SODA has similar packages so it may be the developer's preferred way to package them.

I'm not clear as to your question here, "Were DGT users supposed to have been notified?" Notified about what?
Duo

Posted Aug 04, 2019 in: Adroid app due date problems
  • Duo
Posted by enigment:
Interesting question about Toodledo's longevity. At one point it was a big player, but it seems to have been overtaken over time. Do you have any specific reason for concern?
[...]

I, and others have a lot of reasons for concern - read around the forums a bit and I think you'll understand.

This post from a few days ago by rubenB seems to cover a few of the issues:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/27089/-122007/read.html#jump
Duo

Posted Aug 04, 2019 in: What has changed in the last year?
  • Duo
Posted by Larry2:

[...]
Since I use a third party ios app I'm not inclined to renew just to use it and Toodledo "premium" features.
[...]

Larry2, you may be forced to renew if you want to keep using Toodledo as the back end.

I believe that now only their own apps sync with the free version. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Duo

Posted Jul 29, 2019 in: Adroid app due date problems
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2019
Posted by enigment:

[...]
So I'm confused. DGT should tell you if the integration isn't working. I never used Toodledo itself, so I never knew my data wasn't updating. Looks like it might not have updated Toodledo at least since late June, maybe as early as some time in March. It's hard to know, since you can't see modification date in the TD web app. And it doesn't matter much, not working now.

I don't know how Toodledo blocked integration. Perhaps the app now waits forever instead of getting rejected with an error code.

On Toodledo Web there is a little down arrow to the left of each task. On the old layout you can see the date added. On the new layout you can see the date added and the date modified.

Also if you sort first by date added or the date modified it should show up on the right on both layouts.

Posted by enigment:

[...]
So, I don't know what to do going forward. I haven't found any apps that are as simple and easy to use as DGT, with the features I need. I'm not a serious formal GTD-er, really just *need* a well-behaved calendar and reminders that actually work and can be snoozed. One option I guess is to upgrade TD, pay the $35/yr, but I'm not clear on the likely future of GTD/SODA, or its timing.

I just had a quick check and it looks like DGT GTD was last updated in April 14, 2019 and the DGT GTD Value Pack in March 18, 2019 so it looks like that's still being maintained.

As for SODA I think that is now very much on the back burner since development slowed to pretty much nothing a while ago.

My worry would be whether Toodledo will be around in 12 months.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2019.
Duo

Posted Jul 28, 2019 in: Adroid app due date problems
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2019
Hi, Are you a paid subscriber at the moment? I don't see anything in your profile to indicate that you are currently are and this may be the cause of the problem rather than there being an issue with DGT GTD. It's hard to tell though because I didn't see much activity from the owner of DGT GTD in the group for the replacement product for some time before Google started shutting it down.

The new owners of Toodledo removed syncing for everything except for their own apps on the free tier a little while after they took over

https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php

and their apps are pretty poor, especially the Android app. I used to only really use it for accessing Lists and use Ultimate To-Do List or DGT GTD for everything else.

From memory, I believe that going back was the only way to save. Also the behaviour when going back was inconsistent depending on where I was in the app.

I don't remember getting an email warning about these changes (although I may have forgotten) so you are probably not the only one who was caught out.

This message was edited Jul 28, 2019.
Duo

Posted Jul 27, 2019 in: Dangerous Bug
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2019
Posted by rubenB:
It's interesting that Anant said earlier that this code has been untouched for at least 4 years. By implication, it seems, he's saying that this bug has been around for at least that long.

It's a pretty bad bug for anyone using repeat on important tasks so it's curious how it could have gone unnoticed in all that time if it's been around so long.

I take it that no one else ran across this or reported it in all this time?

Hmmm, what he actually said was, "This bug can be traced back to 4 years."

Now that doesn't mean that the bug was active during that period. Jake could have edited it out, mitigated it, fixed it and now the new team have done something to activate it.

Not saying that's what happened but it's a possibility.

I am a very, very heavy user of recurring tasks (many every day, every other day, several a week, several per month, quarterly, bi-annually, every 9 months, annually) and if there is an issue with them I notice right away (as I have done when there are issues on other platforms).

I have never run into this bug and I never saw any complaints about it before, although my not running into the bug and not seeing the odd complaint doesn't really mean much. However, I have never seen a barrage of complaints like I have now and I know that now many people who used Toodledo heavily over the past 4 years no longer use it.

So now we have a stream of complaints with many heavy users no longer using the product.

I think this bug was introduced/re-introduced/activated/re-activated or whatever by code changes made by the new team. I admit that I could be wrong, but then I look at how they implemented multi-select and I'm not so sure that I am.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2019
Posted by Larry2:

[...]
It is not a bug. We want our users to register on our site and then see the subscription page.
[...]

Hahahaha!
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2019
Posted by M:
Ack. Sorry - add to my list of desired features "batch editing," or multi-select for purposes of making changes (delete, move to different list, update due/start dates, etc.)

Can Todoist and/or TickTick do this, anyone know?

Yes, they can.

Everything on the list I posted has multi-select / batch editing.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Posted by ron.boyer66:
I have three recurring tasks that are set to reoccur daily. When I mark them complete the sometimes roll to the next day, but often one or more of the tasks will not show up on the next day. I have to search for the task uncheck it and the do back to today and recheck it to get it to move the next day. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas about how to fix this. Thanks for the help. Take care.

I believe that this is the same bug that has been / is being discussed in the Dangerous Bug thread

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/27071/0/dangerous-bug.html

and elsewhere.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2019.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Posted by M:

[...]
The one feature I really liked about Toodledo that facilitated my new workflow was the ability to take multiple lines of plain text and paste them in ("add multiple tasks") and have each line become a separate task.

Has anyone who is looking at alternatives come across anything that will allow input of tasks, like that?
[...]

Hi M,

Todoist
ClickUp
Ticktick
Amazing Marvin

All allow this type of input.

Remember The Milk can do it if you email the tasks into the application.
Doit.im can also do it but I think it has been abandoned now.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2019.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2019
Posted by Larry2:
FWIW, I emailed support asking about the web page link and asked if it's a bug in their website.

To see the subscription prices when logged out it now looks like you have to:

1) Click on one of the links at the bottom of the page
CONTACT
BLOG
CAREERS
PRESS
PRIVACY
TERMS
HELP
FORUMS

(not DEVELOPERS)

2) Then select a link from the top of the page
Products
Features
Platforms

3) Then scroll down to the bottom of the page where you can select the Subscriptions link and go to that page

This message was edited Jul 18, 2019.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2019
Posted by Larry2:
I could be wrong but I think it's available only for Business level. When I googled it I found a setup instructions page but the Business tab was highlighted.

Was it previously available for other levels and removed? I never paid attention to that so I don't know.

It was available for everyone before.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next