Search results for "Posted by jimk222"
jimk222

Posted Feb 11, 2020 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2020
  • Score: 2
Jana B,
Fellow user here. As you've been away for a little while things have slowed to a halt, there was a leadership exodus, Anant G has rarely made an appearance on these forums, but claims to still be working to support the software (no evidence for many months though). Sorry to hear of your frustration. I don't know what to suggest than what you've already done. Perhaps work with your credit card company to dispute the charges?
Jim
jimk222

Posted Sep 09, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 2
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2019
  • Score: 2
Even some of the more established task management apps have a similar demise as ToodleDo. Wunderlist acquired by Microsoft and soon to be overhauled (or in some people's minds taken out to pasture). https://apple.news/AsgIUS8N5RWmbNQmoaz5uwQ.

Then I also recall the days of Penultimate eventually acquired by Evernote and completely trashed by the new owner.

Where's Jake?
jimk222

Score: 0
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2019
  • Score: 0
Under the menu from top right corner of website there is "Feature Requests" under help section between "Forum" and "Blog". https://roadmap.toodledo.com/feature-requests That is the roadmap that is being used to track bugs, issues, requests, etc. Searching through the list already underway may offer up an existing item or if you don't see it after searching you can add an item.

Hope that helps

This message was edited Aug 30, 2019.
jimk222

Posted Aug 19, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2019
  • Score: 1
Wow! LinkedIn good find! Not good though for ToodleDo or us users. No wonder the updates ceased to exist with the exception of the recent mention of a new Beta forthcoming from Anant in the last week or so.
jimk222

Posted Aug 07, 2019 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2019
Anant what were the changes??? I asked in several places and never got clarity as to what was changed in the first beta. At least tell us what has changed in the 2nd beta so we can help by looking at what you need us to test. Thank you for the update, any update is helpful.
jimk222

Posted Jul 29, 2019 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2019
Posted by zechariahs:
Posted by Eric:
Is there a list of features/bugs? A bug reporting system? Dissapointed on lack of response here.

I think disappointment and lack of response are the bugs and features of the new Toodledo. If I wasn't so invested in the software, I would've moved along time ago. Now that I think about it, I should probably start creating regular exports in case they they abruptly shutter their doors.

Using a second iPhone to download the beta and see only 2 differences new logo and slightly different color scheme.

I had been holding my breath while sending several messages in this Forum, Features Request List, and email. No replies of any kind.

Your suggestion of taking routine exports is a wise thing to do and I wish it didn't have to come to that.
jimk222

Posted Jul 15, 2019 in: New iOS app
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2019
I've reached out directly to support, added comments in the roadmap, what are the changes that we should see as Beta testers? The logo and a few very subtle color scheme changes are all I can see when comparing side-by-side. What are the features that are in the current beta?
jimk222

Posted Jul 15, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 5
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2019
  • Score: 5
It would be nice for a "June Update" on the Blog within the month of July, given there were fairly regular updates each month for a little while. The last update is "May Update".
jimk222

Posted Jun 13, 2019 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2019
Posted by zechariahs:
I just downloaded the beta via TestFlight. What enhancements should I be seeing?

I did yesterday as well and only saw the Logo on the All Tasks screen was updated. Would be interested to hear what else we should be looking for to help with testing but also to shed light on what may be forthcoming.
jimk222

• jimk222
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2018
Search for "R. Welsh" in the search function for this Forum he published a very helpful guide "ToodleDo Startup Guide" which has a heavy emphasis on GTD.
jimk222

Posted Oct 05, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: September 2018
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2018
Posted by andy_1339337623:
I've had a premium 'Gold' Toodledo subscription licence for several years and keep on paying up every year, yet I rarely use the system. Why do I keep renewing my licence? Because I regard Toodledo as offering the best functionality of all the task-based productivity apps, and find it hard to let go.

But why don't I use it much? Because visually, it is such a grim experience. There are people around who urge Toodledo not to modernise the interface but to focus on features. I strongly disagree, and have voiced my opinions over a long period. The functionality is fine. By all means add features that the market demands but it's the interface that needs emergency surgery. It looks and feels like something out of the 1990s. It gives me no joy whatever.

I'm sure you've done this already but do take a look at apps like 2Do, Things 3, Todoist, OmniFocus, and many more. I'm not talking about their functionality (I happen to think that Omnifocus in particular is way too complex for the needs of most users, and even 2Do manages to over-complicate simple task-based processes.) But that's not the point. I use these apps because they have modern designs that are a pleasure to use. And if they're nice to use, one does use them and becmes more organised and productive as a result.

So I'd love to hear some reassuring noises on the interface design front.

Good luck!

The functionality has some refinements that could take it to the next level. The user experience is going to help get more new users into the app and help keep the existing users much more engaged with the app. Both will boost revenues.
jimk222

Posted Jan 08, 2018 in: Sync problem (iPad, iPhone, Web)
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2018
I cleared my cache in Safari for just Toodledo and it solved the problem. Interesting it wasn't a problem yesterday.
jimk222

• jimk222
So tasks on iPad and iPhone apps are in sync but website is still outdated significantly. However a list update I made on the web made it through to the iPad and iPhone. Tasks still seem to be broken.

Anyone else having syncing issues with the website all of a sudden?

Thanks
jimk222

• jimk222
So this is an issue that just cropped up for me today 1/8/2018. Ipad isn't updating to the web strangely enough.
jimk222

• jimk222
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2016
Thanks R Welsh, I had found your previous post from a while back and had it on my list to monitor the forum for an update. Glad to see this and your summary is a very rich resource! Thank you for taking the time to document it and also sharing with us the latest version.
Jim
jimk222

Posted May 26, 2016 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
  • jimk222
  • Posted: May 26, 2016
Just saw this application Sorted shared via Lifehacker.com. It offers an intriguing UI and something for the Toodledo developers to ponder as they consider the evolution of the tasks portion of the app. I am too embedded with Toodledo but do wish there was a fancier/easier method of managing tasks on the iPhone app.

http://lifehacker.com/sorted-for-ios-makes-task-management-simple-and-fast-1778787438

Thanks for considering this as a way of brainstorming.
Jim
jimk222

Posted Apr 10, 2016 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2016
I'm a long time fan of Toodledo and am far better off with it in my routine. Of all the apps I use I find that the support and additional features that are pursued by the developer of Toodledo are very good.

I have 2 suggestions as it relates to tasks and user interface that would greatly speed up my workflow, I hope for others as well.

1) on mobile app version, I have tasks with alarms that present a notification on my lock screen on my iPhone. It would be very handy to have a feature added that when an item appears on the iOS lockscreen as a notification that I could slide the Toodledo item listed on the lock screen over to the left to reveal a button for "Mark as complete" and it would systematically mark it off in the app rather than having to go into the app, after unlocking the phone and find the task and mark it complete.

2) on mobile app version, as I am going through my task list, I usually have an unfortunately long list of tasks I wish I could complete them all each day but most have to be moved to the next day or next week/weekend. The app currently has a "swipe left" feature to reveal the "Delete" button but it would be really handy to have a "swipe right" to reveal a "move to tomorrow". As an additional feature in the settings perhaps this could be modified with a selection for what "swipe right" would be defined as "tomorrow", "1 week", maybe even a priority change. I would be really thankful to have just a simple "swipe right" feature added to only allow for a task to be moved tomorrow. That would be very helpful.

Thanks for your consideration of these two requests.

Jim

This message was edited Apr 10, 2016.
jimk222

Posted Nov 04, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2015
I agree with jimmahon about the products drop down. Seems to be a lot of screen real estate taken up with just one and there is so much room up there just list the products side by side. Fewer clicks by doing this too!
Skip to Page:  1   2