ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Disorganised"
Disorganised

Posted Mar 05, 2012 in: Discontinuaton notice
Score: 0
Posted by Toodledo:
If you sign into your account once a year, it will not be deleted.

What about those of us using Android apps that sync with Toodledo? Do we have to sign into the web app once a year to keep it active? I hope i'm going to get an automated email well before that happnes
Disorganised

Posted Mar 03, 2012 in: Toodledo and ADHD
Score: -1
Posted by Toodledo:
You can work offline with Toodledo using a variety of 3rd party tools, as well as our new mobile website. http://m.toodledo.com

Nobody uses the mobile site anymore. Everyone(who's not living in the dark ages) uses apps these days

This message was edited Mar 03, 2012.
Disorganised

Score: 2
Regarding the lists, i think i've found 2 perfect list apps that allow you to select lists with virtually any data type (eg integer, text, rating, audio, image, map coordinates, contact in phonebook, etc)

They are MyLists and Memento
Disorganised

Posted Feb 24, 2012 in: Tags
Posted by ukz_:
The problem with using folder, context, goal or location is that you can't assign multiple entries to each task. (In any case, I am already using folder and context as you may imagine, and I prefer not to use a hack if I can help it).

However, alphabetical sorting makes all of this go away for me and I can also then group/classify tags using a prefix.

Thanks for the info.

I agree with that.
Disorganised

Score: -1
Hi christinarosetti
"(any suggestions on this would be very appreciated )"

Some good list apps that i know of are Mobisle Notes and Gnote. Both of them allow either plain text and checklists, and a particularly useful part is that they can be easily switched between the 2. Both are very clean and quick to jot down notes.
They're very basic, and are most ideal for quick spur of the moment jotting down of lists.
For more complex lists and apps that act as a kind of general repository of ideas, then Evernote (as Dave, below, suggests) or Springpad may be ideal.

I also went through a ton of ToDo lists apps. I actually started off about 2 years ago with Got To Do, but that's now abandoned. 5 billion apps and about 30 quid later, and i've finally arrived at Ultimate To Do list because
1) Fair price.
2) Excellent custiomisation for my every changing needs
3) Most importantly, good support (a dev that listens to their users and takes on board their suggests is a massive plus. I don't care if an app is perfect - if the support is less than excellent, it won't get my money. Period)

Pocket Informant is WAYYYYY too expensive for what it offers. Due Today is not too bad, but there was something that put me off of it and there also was some feature missing (i can't remember what).

This message was edited Feb 23, 2012.
Disorganised

Posted Feb 22, 2012 in: Ideas/philosophies as next 'actions'
Salgud
Different methods work for different people. If that works for you, then good for you

This message was edited Feb 22, 2012.
Disorganised

Posted by Folke X:
cabbage,

Actually there is a next action there :-)

(Guess what: To make a note of how many incidents you had that day)

If you put that in your next action, what would you do once it's been completed for that day?
Disorganised

cabbage

Essentially, i'm using Next Action in the same way as you - that is to keep certain things(tasks or otherwise) in the forefront of your mind
Disorganised

Posted Feb 17, 2012 in: Ideas/philosophies as next 'actions'
I'm not sure that would work with me. I've tried in the past to have a kind of regimented approach like that, and it fell flat each time.

Also, and most importantly, on my (Android) mobile i use a specific app (Ultimate ToDo) where i have the 4x3 widget on my home page. Hence the importance of the Next Action and the need to put tasks(and entire goals) on the front page (it also saves on room to do this because there is only limited space to fit all tasks and goals that i need to keep at the forefront of my mind). This is the more efficient way for me. Using lots of subtasks as you suggest would mean me not being able to see the wood for the trees.
Perhaps this puts a new perspective on your viewpoint.

I rely 100% on my mobile, so I don't use the web version of Toodledo except on the rare occasion when a sync doesn't go as expected.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2012.
Disorganised

Posted Feb 17, 2012 in: Ideas/philosophies as next 'actions'
@lythink
You're right about the more positive "be more organised". I agree. Mine was a bad example.

@Salgud, Folke X
I don't think the idea of breaking everythign down into smaller parts works with everyone. Some people (ie me) need to see things at a glance so as to not lose track of the goal. Often goals and philosophies need to be placed into the Next 'Action' section. I need goal highlighted in front of me otherwise it gets forgotten amongst the trivia. This is also true if i break it down into parts - it gets lost amongst the trivia and i lose sight of the overall goal. If i lose sigh of the overall goal, then whats the point of all the little broken down tasks that that goal was split into? They become isolated from their goal.

Also, "be more organised" can't be broken down because it applies to all aspects of life. it's a philosophy that affects all tasks and how they're carried out, rather than something that can be broken down into tasks.

It would work much more effectively for me if i FIRST see the goal in the Next 'Action' section, and then i can drill down to see the goal split up into it's parts. Having a goal broken down and scattered about all over the place doesn't work for me.

Sometimes it feels as if GTD and Tooddledo are better suited to robots than human beings lol

This message was edited Feb 17, 2012.
Disorganised

Posted Feb 16, 2012 in: Ideas/philosophies as next 'actions'
Thanks for your input.

You may have misunderstood regarding the 2nd point.
I wasn't referring to repeating tasks. I was referring to tasks which are ongoing indefinitely. Such tasks don't have a date/time to do them. Perhaps the "check buy and sell for bike" was a bad example (i should have mentioned that the magazine is a free magazine which is delivered whenever, so there is no date or regularity about it).
Perhaps a better example would be "continue to work on perfecting CV" or "work on poem". Sometimes life gets in the way and i forget, so i need these little reminders. It has no set date/time or regularity about it. it's on ongoing task which cannot be completed.
These are the type of tasks that i'm referring to.

This message was edited Feb 16, 2012.
Disorganised

Posted Feb 15, 2012 in: Ideas/philosophies as next 'actions'
I use the Next Action status extensively. To me it's not just about actions, but about anything and everything that i want to be aware of now and next. These can include the following:
1) Actions such as "update operating system"
2) Questions to myself such as "should i tell Paul to write the code next week instead?" or "should i change career?"
3) Philosophies such as "Stop being so disorganised"
4) NOT operations such as "stop using facebook" (this is something that i shouldn't do, and so can never truly be completed)

Some people may say that the philosophies may belong in the reference section or as goals, but if they're put there then i won't be aware of them - hence they serve no practical purpose there.
Questions such as "should i change career?" aren't projects because they're not things that have any definite steps and it's intangible at this time, but it's something that i need to keep in mind to attend to next. If i don't put them in the "next action" section, then they have no immediacy about them.

Does anyone else treat non-tasks as tasks in Toodledo like this? How do you deal with them?

=====================

Also, i have various tasks which are not one off tasks such as "take the rubbish out", but which are tasks that are done continuously as and when required. One example being "Look for a suitable bike in Buy and Sell Magazine". It's not a tasks which can be executed once and then crossed off the list as completed. it's a task which, effectively, can go on forever (or in this case, at least until i find a bike). I'm considerign of putting such tasks into the "Active" status section.
How do people deal with such 'on-going' tasks?

This message was edited Feb 15, 2012.
Skip to Page:  1   2