ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Linden"
Linden

Score: 1
  • Linden
  • Posted: May 20, 2010
  • Score: 1
Transisto, in case you weren't aware, Toodledo IS hiring. Developers. So that features can be rolled out faster.

The 2+ legitimate complaints and feature requests are in most cases not simple fixes that just require a variable to be toggled in the code base. Every change has an impact on dozens, if not hundreds, of other parts of this utility. It's going to require careful balance to introduce the functions without breaking the program for users who don't need them.

I, too, am looking forward to seeing many of the proposed upgrades. However, spamming forum with REPEAT requests just wastes time. It wastes Toodledo's time, because they do read many of the forums to keep an eye out for NEW requests or bugs. And it wastes the time of your fellow readers who are interested in reading about new tips tricks or ideas.

Be patient or move on, but please stop being disruptive.
Linden

Posted May 18, 2010 in: Help me understand...in my terms:
Score: 0
  • Linden
  • Posted: May 18, 2010
  • Score: 0
Hi k.p.

I think all three of your questions can be answered with the same end. A non-optional task schedule to repeat (with or without date modifiers) will repeat when it is checked off. The new task will have the due date moved out by the amount specified in your repeat settings (weekly, every Tues, etc./from due or completion date) and will use the same modifier as the original.

So, a scheduled (non-optional) task scheduled to repeat with a = before it (due on) means that when it is checked off, a new task will appear at the next scheduled date with and = (due on) status.

I hope this helps!
Linden

Posted Apr 28, 2010 in: due date reversed
  • Linden
  • Posted: Apr 28, 2010
It doesn't exist YET, but I do believe it's on Toodledo's development list.
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2010
You're completely right. I have all three books now (and each is useful in a different way), but I find the podcasts give me good mini-nudges when my motivation lags. And often hearing something phrased in a unique way will give me a new understanding of one of the concepts.

This podcast you linked was especially refreshing, in hearing that even the pros aren't getting to inbox zero daily. I do still need improvement on the collect/process/review cycle, but it's nice to have a reminder that it's still going to be flexible around what life throws at you. :)
Linden

• Linden
Thanks for sharing, AndrewA! I need to add a repeating task to check this podcast page on a regular basis -- there's such awesome material here.
Linden

Posted Apr 19, 2010 in: How many open projects?
  • Linden
Third-party support always complicates things! I'm not sure if Appigo's Todo supports goals, either.

My setup relies only on the web interface, so I've got a bit more flexibility to play with the features that aren't consistently supported in the various apps. :)

Goals can be handy for adding what's effectively an extra layer of folders, but to be honest I still haven't found a fantastic setup for them yet. They can be a time-sink if you want to get things perfect. (I limit myself to tweaking them every 4-6 months so I can focus on the tasks more than the management.)

Cheers!
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2010
I made the same mistake when I first subscribed. If you add the calendar from the "My calendars" section, it imports the data, but never checks it again.

Instead, click the "Add" button under the "Other calendars" section. This will pop up a little dialog that includes the option "Add by URL". This is the one that syncs daily!
Linden

Posted Apr 14, 2010 in: How many open projects?
  • Linden
Oooh, interesting setup, PeterW!

I would currently have all of those projects as parent tasks associated with a long-term goal of "Peaceful Liveable Home".

Whichever ones look reasonable to move forward now are set to Active with subtasks for the steps (marked Next Action or Hold as appropriate).

Any that seem like too much right now are marked as Someday with salient steps in the notes.

As for deciding how many to move on at once, I usually try to find a balance between my areas of responsibilty, with maybe only one major project and a couple of small projects for each one. If I try to tackle all of my major projects in a single area at once nothing moves forward at a reasonable enough pace. (This leads to the frustration and feelings of helplessness that GTD is trying to kill.)

I like PeterW's idea of having the dream list as a sort of master project, that you strip subtasks off of as they become relevant. That way you also get the sense of accomplishment as you finish one and then strip the next away from the master project. You get the satisfactio of watching that giant, seemingly amorphous project shrink to completion!
Linden

Posted Apr 14, 2010 in: Alphabetical tags
  • Linden
The filter by tags feature is AWESOME, but would find it MUCH more useful if I could organize those tags alphabetically.

I have no concious awareness of how many tasks are in each tag, so it takes a ridiculous length of time to find the ones I want when I'm looking for specific tags to filter.

While I can understand the frequency ordering in other areas (especially where autocomplete is available), the filters seems like a vital area for alphabetization.

This message was edited Apr 14, 2010.
Linden

Posted Apr 13, 2010 in: Toodledo GTD Setup Template
  • Linden
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2010
@pancho: Views are the options across the top of the screen (on the web interface) from the line "view by: main | folder | context | etc.".

So, your most recent sorting and filtering options when you're viewing the folder tabs will be restored when you return to that view, but you can choose a different set of filters/sorting options when you view by context (or any other view).
Linden

Posted Apr 07, 2010 in: Can I turn on the "Tip"?
  • Linden
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2010
Ahhh. I was referring to everything in the box that contained the "Search Help", but you're probably right that Jake was meaning that specific section! Thanks for pointing that out, Claudio!
Linden

Posted Apr 06, 2010 in: Can I turn on the "Tip"?
  • Linden
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2010
The FAQ section can be found by clicking "Help and News" near the bottom of the left sidebar: http://www.toodledo.com/info/index.php

There are some help articles at the top, and a searchable FAQ in the middle right area.
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2010
I agree! It would be nice if tags were treated like unordered sets of labels instead of ordered lists. That way you have the freedom to add tags as they come to you, rather than second-guessing how accessible they'll be down the road!
Linden

Posted Mar 24, 2010 in: Good Bye from Proximo
  • Linden
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2010
Hey Proximo,

I'm glad you were able to find a promising GTD-focused tool. Your presence will surely be missed, even if you pop in periodically -- you were so active and had great ideas. Thank you for those great contributions.

Your GTD video and the ever-expanding discussion it generated helped me greatly boost my productivity in the system. I've tweaked it into something quite different from your setup now, but my system would be nowhere near this streamlined without your contributions in the forums.

I hope that Nirvana continues to work well for you, so you can settle into actually getting things done. :)

All the best,
Linden
Linden

Posted Mar 04, 2010 in: Printing Today's List
  • Linden
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2010
Try going to "View by: Due-Date" and then click the "Today" tab. The printer icon at the top right will let you print those results without messing with the booklet.

I hope this helps!
Linden

Posted Mar 04, 2010 in: Bulk changing due-dates
  • Linden
If you're trying to do something like "every task due day X should now by day Y", then you can use a custom search and then multi-edit the due date that way.

If each task will need a separate due date decided on a case-by-case basis, my suggestion would be to view all tasks, turn off all your filters, and just work your way down the page.
Linden

• Linden
I guess the good news here is that being able to assign multiple contexts to a single task is on Toodledo's massive list, so it should become a reality at some point. And certainly having the ability to assign multiple tasks doesn't cause any pain for us single-task folks.

For now, Chitu, you might be able to achieve what you need by adding a few extra contexts to handle your merged situations. @home for calls that require backup materials at home, @work for calls that require backup materials from the office, @calls for ones that don't have a secondary location requirement. Similarly, @metro for downtown tasks, @car for out-of-the-way tasks, and @errand for transportation-agnostic tasks.

Then, when you're at home, you can filter by @home, @calls, (and others). When you're running errands on the subway, you can check off @metro, @errands.
Linden

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: Repeated item with different notes
  • Linden
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2010
Thanks for the clarification, Bruno. That would be trickier. In order to have separate ntoes for every day, you'd need to have a task for each day.

The future iterations of repeating tasks actually don't even exist until the current iteration is complete, so there would be no way to have notes in advance, even if they could have separate notes.
Linden

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: Tag autocomplete + multi-context filter
  • Linden
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2010
I'm excited about the autocomplete, even though I haven't tried it yet.

But what I'm REALLY THRILLED about is the context checkbox filter. I had read about it from the iPhone app discussions and didn't appreciate how amazing it would be. It's going to be possible to actually collapse some of my contexts because of the flexibility this filter provides!

Thank you for these awesome upgrades, Toodledo!
Linden

Posted Mar 01, 2010 in: Automatic Update of Due Date
  • Linden
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2010
You can also use an optional due date you want a specific repeating task to auto-update itself regularly when the due date has been missed. Once the task becomes overdue, it will automatically be pushed out to the next iteration.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11      Next