Search results for "Posted by cj"
cj

Posted May 22, 2018 in: Suggestion: Contingent tasks
Score: 1
  • cj
  • Posted: May 22, 2018
  • Score: 1
Posted by Purveyor:
Take a look at this topic: Making one task dependent on another.

In Linking Tasks by tasks that proceed another one, Jake says this:
We know that people really want task dependency so that tasks are automatically hidden if they are dependent on another task, and we do plan to build this. For me, it is much faster and more efficient to manage this manually with a weekly review that it would be to record all the complex inter-relationships between all my tasks.

so ... basically, if the lead developer doesn't find it useful for their own use, then ... forget about any users asking for the feature ...
seems to be the case, since it has been NINE years since Jake replied to the feature request with that comment.
cj

Posted May 08, 2018 in: Sync problem (iPad, iPhone, Web)
  • cj
  • Posted: May 08, 2018
Posted by Jake:
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks

1. There are a LOT of people complaining about this ... so WHO are you asking to write a support ticket?
2. This is clearly an issue for a lot of people - but instead of fixing it, you are putting the burden on the users to spend even more time creating a support ticket (for your convenience?
3. so....if no one creates a support ticket - does this mean you will never fix it?'

Sorry - but this is the first time I've been completely turned off and alienated by Toodledo.After 10 years, you're starting to sound like an anonymous big company who sees customers as more of a nuisance to be dealt-with, than as the people who pay the bills.
cj

Posted May 04, 2018 in: Android app out of sync with website
Score: 0
  • cj
  • Posted: May 04, 2018
  • Score: 0
Posted by Jake:
The Android app syncs in the background and the schedule is handled by the Android Operating system to preserve battery life. So, changes you make in the app are not immediately synced to the website. It could take 15 minutes or maybe longer if you have low batter and Android is trying to conserve.

If you are talking about our website, its a little different. Changes you make on the website (not the app) while online should sync within a few seconds. Changes you make while offline should sync the next time you open the mobile website on your phone when you are online again.

Sorry - but this just isn't the explanation....
Sometimes it simply never syncs.

======
Repeating my prior observation:
... the problem exists even when I have the toodledo app open and manually click sync. (seems to happen more often when wifi is not turned on) - but I a not sure of the correlation. One thing is for sure: When I add a new task or modify tasks (actions that should result in automatically synching THAT task) - these don't synch at all until much much later (hours and hours later).
This behavior has been consistent for several years (by my memory) on multiple versions of the app, multiple OS updates AND more than one phone (Galaxy S6, S7 S8) ..
cj

Posted Apr 10, 2018 in: Android app out of sync with website
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2018
No ... the problem exists even when I have the toodledo app open and manually click sync. (seems to happen more often when wifi is not turned on) - but I a not sure of the correlation. One thing is for sure: When I add a new task or modify tasks (actions that should result in automatically synching THAT task) - these don't synch at all until much much later (hours and hours later).
This behavior has been consistent for several years (by my memory) on multiple versions of the app, multiple OS updates AND more than one phone (Galaxy S6, S7 S8) ...
cj

Posted Mar 24, 2018 in: Android app out of sync with website
  • cj
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2018
Posted by mark:
Hi, I have the ToodleDo Android app on a Google Pixel 2. My tasks are frequently out of date with the website, which is quite frustrating.

How can I set the app and website to sync after any task is added or edited?

Thanks!

I've been meaning to post this forever....
Android is VERY unreliable with Synching ... (for a year or more) ...
very bothersome ... I simply stopped relying on it for accuracy.
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2017
Posted by coolexplorer:
In March 2017 we had a very nice update to the Task section in TD, which customers have since assimilated and appreciated.

Not all customers.
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2017
Posted by fbatot:
I'm a big fan of Toodledo. I have been a fan for years.
HOWEVER, I really don't care for the "new" task layout/view. The "original view" is just cleaner, better.
I am very thankful that you are giving us the choice of which view we want to use.

When you have a great product, sometimes it's best to leave it alone, and let it be a great product!!

+1
+1000
cj

Posted Jul 03, 2017 in: More keyboard control = GOOD!
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2017
Grid view.
cj

Posted Jul 01, 2017 in: More keyboard control = GOOD!
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 01, 2017
I am curious as to the new keyboard control you are finding.
I am finding opposite (and wrote a long forum post about it) -

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/24295/-110387/read.html#jump

I am finding the new UI to be a nightmare from a keyboard perspective. But I'd be happy to be wrong here. I'd love to find out what is good about the new UI (keyboard-wise).
cj

Posted Jul 01, 2017 in: Moving lots of tasks to subtask ...
  • cj
  • Posted: Jul 01, 2017
Can't figure this out ...
let's say I have 30 (or 100) tasks. I want to drag them all to be child/sub tasks of a parent task.
how do I do this without dragging each one?

and ...
while I am at it - since I tried doing a custom search/batch edit (thought I could)
I isolated the 30 tasks I want to be child tasks
but there was no way for me, via batch edit to move these under a specific parent task.

this has got to be either simple, or impossible.

What am I missing??

suggestions?

Thanks!
cj

Posted Jun 21, 2017 in: New Layout
  • cj
  • Posted: Jun 21, 2017
Posted by spy:
Several features of the new design are appealing, but here is the deal-killer for me. In the current layout, when entering a new task I never have to touch my mouse. I can simply tab from field to field, enter the first letter of the folder I want my task in, enter the first couple letters of a due date (e.g., "Fri"), and hit enter. In the new layout I have to reach for the mouse to choose the folder, date, etc., from a drop-down list. That is major friction. On top of that, there is an annoying lag after a selection is made. The thing I love best about ToodleDo is it suits my super-fast, keyboard-driven entry style, something I suspect is common to many TD users. Please don't take that away.

I couldn't upvote this comment again (or 10 times) - so I am just posting it ...

How many agree with this?
cj

Posted Jun 14, 2017 in: New Layout
  • cj
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2017
Posted by Jake:
Posted by cj:
...using arrow keys to select something is just as bad as forcing one to use a mouse...

Can you please explain how you would like to select something without using either the mouse or arrow keys? Im not sure I fully understand your suggestion yet, but I want to.

Sorry - I missed this question to me:

My answer:
I should have worded it differently. In many cases using a mouse or arrow keys to select, for instance, from a dropdown list of 50 contexts ... is cumbersome and time consuming. Easier if I can type the first letter or number. (especially for the date picker)

Often instead of picking - I know exactly what I want and will PASTE it into successful entries (pure keyboard) - for instance, when I want to paste TOMORRoW (or THURSDAY) into a series of misc tasks .... right now, it takes an easy paste + ctrl-UP repeat keystrokes ... in the New UI ... this takes 10x the effort.
cj

Posted May 15, 2017 in: New Layout
  • cj
  • Posted: May 15, 2017
I think you are missing the point (and addressing the ONE example i gave).
the point is that - even with your "suggestion" ... the new UX forces 3 times the amount of interaction than the old ... using arrow keys to select something is just as bad as forcing one to use a mouse - at least when it comes to toodledo.
cj

Posted May 15, 2017 in: New Layout
Score: 2
  • cj
  • Posted: May 15, 2017
  • Score: 2
I cannot comment enough on this. The Design - while pretty ... really ignores some basic tenets of UX .. and particularly - reduces the productivity from the old to the new design.

Mostly it has to do with forcing the user to go back and forth from using the mouse to keyboard, AND in eliminating many useful keyboard "shortcuts"

for instance

OLD UI
i use to be able to change the priority by merely tapping 0 1 2 3 while in the priority column.
I could just change a few priorities by tapping 1 and then up arrow ... for a lot of entries
(same for contexts and goal! ... first letter)

NEW UI
I need to click and find the right priority in the list and click again ...
if i want to change the next one ... find, focus point click choose click ...
oh yeah, and the clever UI is much slower now.

OLD UI
If I wanted to change a few dates in my hotlist for instance (from Monday to Thursday)
I would merely paste Thursday into the Due Date picker (ctrl-v) and tap ctrl-up arrow and paste to the next field etc. so quick - hands never leaving the keyboard

New UI
OMG ...
paste. enter. hand on mouse. click on the duedate field above. hand off mouse. ctrl paste. enter. hand on mouse ...
(and don't suggest the 'search and replace' ... it is impractical for "misc" tasks )

anyway I could rant on and on.

It's like dating a supermodel with an IQ of 70. Sure looks stunning, but after a short while you really yearn for an experience that doesn't tax your brains so much.

And, it sucks since everyone is cooing about the pretty new model, while you're the one saying "yes, she's gorgeous but we hired her to be my assistant, and her 70 IQ means I will have to do more work than ever before"

This message was edited May 15, 2017.
cj

Posted May 08, 2017 in: Several bugs in the "new layout"
  • cj
  • Posted: May 08, 2017
I can't get stylish to work with toodledo anymore. I had styles (custom and from others) that worked great for a year. Now - nothing - and I've been trying for 2 weeks to get toodledo to display any changes from stylish. Anyone else have this issue?
cj

Posted Apr 25, 2017 in: New Layout
  • cj
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2017
I hate to be "that guy" - but really ... I found the new design just awful. Make it stop.

Don't misunderstand, I am not a luddite or newbie who doesn't appreciate good design, or hates change. I've been a toodledo user (and paid subscriber) for at least 8 years.

Sorry - I find very little to like about the new design. Particularly how the new design just makes the user go back and forth between mouse and keyboard in such a way that reduces productivity by 50% and raises frustration by 100%.

Even the New Task UI - while pleasing to the eye - doubles the amount of clicks (and mouse to keyboard switching). And worse - keyboard features have been eliminated (such as the control-up/down-arrow to navigate from dialog to dialog).

I started to keep a list all the awful new design changes. And finally got fed up. I am hoping I can stick with the current layout as long as possible. But I know eventually you will force me to use the new layout. When that day comes, I'll sound like one of those investors from Shark Tank, and say "Sorry guys. I'm out"
cj

Score: 2
  • cj
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2017
  • Score: 2
Posted by Geoff Peters:
Hi there,
I really miss the ability in Google Tasks to be able to select a task and hit CTRL-downarrow to move the task to the next day. (or CTRL-uparrow to move the task to the previous day)

Is there any way I can do this with a keyboard shortcut in Toodledo?

Thanks,
Geoff
\

+1 this feature request
actually
+50
cj

Posted Dec 17, 2016 in: Branding a Task List
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2016
I have a cool method for replacing the toodledo logo ...

- requires the popular "stylish" extension for your browser.
- install the extension, and add a section for "toodledo.com"

paste this code

.btn_logo {
background-image: url("URL OF YOUR LOGO");
text-indent: -9999px;
}

save it, and the logo should be replaced

This message was edited Dec 17, 2016.
cj

• cj
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2016
I kind of like like idea of a progress checkbox ... showing %done. I know - this is sort of a combination of using the Status field and Start Date/Timer ... but having a progress field would indeed be a little productivity booster. So +1 that ....
cj

Posted Dec 09, 2016 in: Revisiting RSS Feeds
  • cj
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2016
(Since the most of the forum discussions are many years old, and locked)

Is it possible (or when will it be possible), to generate RSS feeds for

- Starred Tasks
- Hotlist - in the currently set view (sort/priority order, filter)
- Tasks for a specific context
or even more ideal
- RSS feed for a specific saved-search.

??

Thanks!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next