Andrew
andrew

Score: 0
  • andrew
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2017
  • Score: 0
Hi,

Thanks again. Taking your questions in turn:

1. TaskAngel does a pure sync to Toodledo. It doesn't sync with Apple's Reminders as well, although of course it does use iOS notifications to remind you about tasks.

2. According to the App Store, 2Do Pro is four times the price of TaskAngel Pro.

3. Our Windows app has been available for many years and we are continuing to enhance it.

4. We will introduce custom filtering on iOS if there is a demand for it. We will shortly be drawing up our plans for the next release, so that's a candidate. No date yet.

5. On Windows you can use the same TaskAngel license on two computers at once.

Best wishes,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Jul 31, 2017 in: Major sync issue...
  • andrew
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2017
Hi,

Interesting. I don't use the Toodledo App so that explains it.

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
Hi,

Thanks for your questions. I guess you are asking about TaskAngel for iPhone and iPad.

We don't yet have custom filters in TaskAngel for IOS. The easiest way to flag your personal tasks is via a tag. When you are filtering on that tag, any new tasks you create are given that tag automatically. The tag feature is only $0.99 and you can try it for free.

You can list all tasks scheduled to start today by choosing the Start Date / Today filter.

In TaskAngel for Windows, as well as using tags, you can achieve both of these using custom filters.

To set up a multi-folder filter, create a filter with the following rules "Folder = Folder 1 Or Folder = Folder 2" etc
And you can set up a hotlist called "My Hotlist" with the rules you want including "Start By Today And Not Start By Past".

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Jul 31, 2017 in: TaskAngel for Windows updated
  • andrew
Hi Chen,

These error codes indicate Toodledo has a problem with the username / email you typed into TaskAngel when syncing for the first time.

In TaskAngel for Windows you can correct this by going to Menu / Sync / Renew Sync. The login window pops up again and you can re-enter your username and password.

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Jul 29, 2017 in: TaskAngel for Windows updated
  • andrew
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2017
Hi,

TaskAngel to-do List for Windows is now at version 3.1. This is essential a bug-fix release but there are also two design improvements:

1. The Task Editor pop-up windows has been redesigned to make more use of the screen. This builds on the changes we made in version 3.0, to support high-resolution screens.

2. There is now a Today filter on the main screen. This shows only the tasks that are due today. This is different from our other date filters, which show things like "due by today" and include tasks due yesterday and earlier.

For more details please visit https://www.taskangel.com/quality-upgrade-taskangel-windows/

Thanks to those of you who suggested these improvements, and told us about the bugs. We are always keen to hear from you about how we can make TaskAngel better.
andrew

Posted Jul 29, 2017 in: Major sync issue...
  • andrew
Hi,

I'm the author of TaskAngel, which also syncs with Toodledo. In the past we have introduced bugs in our app that caused tasks to be duplicated. These are usually easy to detect but often they are hard to fix because there are so many things that can cause them.

I don't recall ever seeing tasks duplicating due to problems with Toodledo. And I didn't see any duplication problems over the period you asked about.

My first port of call would be to suspect a problem in 2Do and work with them on a fix.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2017.
andrew

• andrew
Hi,

We have updated TaskAngel for iPhone and iPad to version 1.7. This corrects a problem with selecting the right sync service. (On iOS we offer iCloud as an alternative to Toodledo.)

Apart from that it's the same as version 1.6. See https://www.taskangel.com/toodledo-sync-free-iphone-ipad/

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
Hi,

TaskAngel provides good support for Toodledo Notes. It supports rich text, bulleted / numbered lists and active web links.

Take a look at https://www.taskangel.com/

Best wishes,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Jul 18, 2017 in: How to use 2-step authentication
  • andrew
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2017
Thanks Jake, that's clear.

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Jul 18, 2017 in: TaskAngel
  • andrew
Hi,

TaskAngel for iPhone and iPad, and for Windows Phone, both have direct support for 2-Step Authentication

TaskAngel for Windows and Windows Tablet need you to make an App Password and use that instead of your account password when you log into TaskAngel. Here is where you can do that: https://www.toodledo.com/otp.php

Regards,
Andrew Boswell
TaskAngel Author

This message was edited Jul 18, 2017.
andrew

Posted Jul 18, 2017 in: How to use 2-step authentication
  • andrew
Hi,

Can you please say a bit more about how a third party app is expected to play with your 2-step authentication feature? Is there an API we should be adopting to use it?

In your help page its says the following:

"Some external apps (including Toodledo's official iOS app) do not yet have the capability to do 2-Step Authentication. In these cases you will need to create and use an app-specific password. This is a unique password for your account that will only work inside this specific app. To create one, go to the 2-Step Authentication setup page and click the "Generate App Passwords" link and then follow the instructions."

However I don't see a "Generate App Passwords" link there.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
Toodledo sync is now free of charge on TaskAngel IOS. Previously an in-app purchase was required, but not any more, as of version 1.6.

We have also reduced the prices of the other in-app purchases. The Pro bundle - with everything in it - is now only $4.99.

The new release is on the App Store now. For more information please visit https://www.taskangel.com/

Please let us know what you think of TaskAngel, and what new features you would like to see. You can leave feedback here or on our site.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2016
TaskAngel is now available for iPhone and iPad.

It supports a great set of features free of charge:

Tasks
Due dates & times
Reminders
Repeats
Priority
Folders
Subtasks
Notes in tasks
Filters
Recent Filters
Search
Hotlist
Sync via iCloud

And it provides a pro bundle of features for the professional:

Start dates & times
Status
Contexts
Goals
Tags
Notes outside tasks
Sync via Toodledo

The pro features can be purchased individually or as a bundle.

To try TaskAngel for iPhone and iPad, please visit our web site at http://www.taskangel.com.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2016.
andrew

• andrew
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2015
Hi,

Yes that's it, the image wasn't loading.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2015
Hi,

I am doing an API3 implementation for IOS.

When the Oauth2 sign-in screen comes up, the titles for Email Address and Password are very pale grey. So pale that they are hardly visible. Is there any way they can be made darker? Is there something I can do in my app?

I notice your Toodleo app for IOS doesn't use this sign-in screen. Is it using another option I could be using also?

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Sep 24, 2014 in: Delay in updating folder list
  • andrew
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2014
OK thanks Jake.

Do you have a simple guide for porting from API 2 to API 3?

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Sep 21, 2014 in: Delay in updating folder list
  • andrew
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2014
Hi,

If I delete a folder using the API, then retrieve a list of folders using the API, the folder is still in the list for a while, even though it has disappeared from the Toodledo Web UI.

This is a problem for my app because it sees the folder in your list and adds it back into its own list, thus cancelling the deletion.

I've never seen this before. Is it a problem at your end?

I'm using API 2.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Apr 14, 2013 in: Attachments
  • andrew
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2013
Hi,
Attachments is the item most frequently asked for by our TaskAngel customers. Is there any chance of providing us with an API so we can add that feature?

Thanks,
Andrew
taskangel.com
andrew

Posted Jul 20, 2011 in: App blocked by user
  • andrew
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2011
OK thanks.

Regards,
Andrew