• Score: 0
Thanks, Jake.
Salgud

Posted Mar 15, 2017 in: Saved Searches Issue
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2017
Don't know if this is a bug. I have a Saved Search called Starred, which is a duplicate of the canned search created so I don't have to go out of Saved Searches for it. Before the new release, it displayed only Starred tasks, except for subtasks if a parent task was starred, and it's parent task. Now it shows all unstarred siblingss along with the starred subtask and the parent task. However, when I go to modify the saved search, it shows only the starred subtask and the parent, and not the other unstarred siblings. Can this be fixed please?
Salgud

Posted Mar 15, 2017 in: Contextx
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
But what if I'm not counting at the zoo?
Salgud

• Salgud
+1 from Salgud who is going away here.
Salgud

Posted Mar 15, 2017 in: Due in ...
  • Salgud
Another way would be to create a Saved Search with a criteria of Start Date | before | Tomorrow and Due Date | before | Tomorrow and whatever criteria you desire. Put today's date as the Start Date, Easter as the Due Date, and this task will be on the list until Easter. I use a custom Hotlist instead of the canned one for this and other reasons. It makes it easy to do what you want.
Salgud

Posted Mar 08, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2017
I've taken a good look at the new format, and overall it looks great and works well, with a few exceptions:

1. Why are there sometimes 3 states for the parent task indicator? There are the horizontal arrow, the vertical arrow, and the cluster of 3 dots that go away as soon as you click on them and, as near as I can tell, never come back. So why the 3 dot thingy? From first glance, all it tells me is that I've never viewed its subtasks, but only until I do. So why have it?

2. The calendar view, which, I never have used since it changed for the worse some years ago. Now, no matter how many dates I select in the calendar, no tasks show. Trick? Whatever the "trick" is, it's certainly not intuitive.

3. Saved Searches - Seems like they're all still there, from a quick glance. However, the display of the criteria of existing Saved Searches is now not at all apparent, after 5 minutes of clicking everywhere I can think of, I still can't find them. Again, I sure there's a trick, but I'm not fond of tricks in software. Sure, after I'm shown them, I can do them, but this is an uneeded hurdle for noobs. Also, there is an "Advance Search" button that I know was there at one point, but I haven't been able to unearth it since. Where did it go? With the Modify button and advanced search buttons now concealed, the interface is a tiny bit cleaner, but far more abstruse. One of the best features of TD is now pretty much concealed.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2017
Switched over to the beta briefly this morning to look at a view someone mentioned in the forum. Got another "Error Synching tasks #605, error editing task".

Using Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87

Maybe you should make a mandatory and hence, well paid, beta tester! :) I seem to attract bugs!
Salgud

Posted Feb 15, 2017 in: Marking entire folders as important
  • Salgud
Many of us use Star for that.
Salgud

Posted Feb 15, 2017 in: Optional Due Date
  • Salgud
It's them seamonkeys, they gum up the works every time!
Salgud

Posted Feb 13, 2017 in: Viewing completed tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2017
Have you tried Saved Searches? Herein lies the true power of TD. Simply go to the Search page, and delete the default criteria, "Checked Off | no". Add any other criteria you desire, and click on "Search". Voila, there's your list.
Salgud

• Salgud
Jake,

I don't want to appear critical here. When I said serious I meant that I couldn't accomplish simple everyday tasks in TD that I need to do my job, and, as you said, both were fixed immediately. I would much rather that you take your time and find as many bugs as you can before you go live with the new, and improved, version. At least now I can say I've done my part to contribute to the new release, and lost no data. So I'm content with your process and happy to wait until the new version is fully ready for prime-time. I want to be clear that I think you and the TD team are doing a great job.
Salgud

• Salgud
Your post begs the question, "If what can do all these things?" Did you mean to post to the Toodledo forum, or some other? It's rather cryptic, so more explanation would help.

In case you did mean to post to Toodledo, no, it doesn't do bullets.
Salgud

• Salgud
I wouldn't rush this as I've moved over to the new version a couple of times in the last few weeks, only to move back due to serious bugs.
Salgud

Posted Feb 08, 2017 in: "Error Synching Task#-605"
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2017
I have tinnitus, I hear bells all the time!

Yes, that may well be what happened. Probably the second one.

Thanks.
Salgud

Posted Feb 07, 2017 in: Cloning Broken
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2017
I just cloned a task and a subtask, both worked fine. I'll keep you posted.
Salgud

Posted Feb 07, 2017 in: "Error Synching Task#-605"
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2017
Just marked a subtask complete, got this message.
Salgud

Posted Feb 06, 2017 in: Cloning Broken
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 06, 2017
Went back and did it again. This time, when I cloned a subtask, it worked fine. But when I cloned a regular task, it showed "task duplicated", but the task didn't appear in the new format. It is there in the old version. Filters are off, Subtasks are set to show indented.

Feel free to go in and look at my data, none of it is confidential.
Salgud

Posted Feb 06, 2017 in: Links between Tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 06, 2017
I suggest you search the help forums for "Dependencies", long requested feature.
Salgud

Posted Jan 31, 2017 in: Cloning Broken
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2017
For the first time since I went to the beta, I tried to clone a subtask. Not happening! I cloned it several times, searched for the clones by Due Date, Folder and Task Name, no luck. I did get the "Task Duplicated" message. Please fix asap! It does work with regular tasks and parent tasks.

Edit: I went back to "old" TD, and there were all those clones! They're just not showing in new TD.

Also, I've noticed that the beta does not always show parent tasks that don't meet filter criteria above subs that meet filter criteria, which is how I've set up TD for years. Would like to see that functioning again also.

Thanks.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2017.
Salgud

Posted Jan 27, 2017 in: How can I sequence tasks?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2017
Posted by DSM:
You've never had a SINGLE task that was dependent on several other tasks from several other projects before it could be done? You always found a way to rearrange your tasks such that they were all only dependent on one parent project? When doing rigorous project management, I can see how this top-down approach happens. However, I would think that, in the real world, top-down doesn't always work.

"When doing rigorous project management", I never would use TD. That's what MS Project is for. If you search these forums for "dependencies", you'll find many threads going back for years on this topic. I can't recall a single contributor suggest that TD should handle these kinds of complex dependencies as it is a task manager, not a project scheduling tool. As a former trainer (over 3,000 students) and consultant in Project Management and MS Project, I would suggest that using TD for this is akin to using a spoon to excavate an open pit mine.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next