ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Adrien Beau"
Adrien Beau

Score: 0
Use the Android app for your first account, and the Toodledo web site for your second account.
Adrien Beau

Score: 1
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Each time I pick a date from any date selector (e.g. for Start Date or Due Date etc.) I need to wait for 2-3 seconds until selector disappear and date is set for task.

Posted by ishayahu:
By me, a new layout works VERY slowly. Much more slowly as old one.

What computers and what browsers do you use?

The new site uses a lot of JavaScript, and this can be slow on old machines and old browsers. It can also be slow on recent low-end CPUs such as Celerons and Pentiums.
Adrien Beau

Posted by MM1772:
On first look, I'm not loving the calendar on the left as much as I like the current one. It's too big and it's hard for me to tell quickly where one month ends and the other begins when there are tasks for that day. For example, I had 14 tasks on December 1 and the 14 almost hides the Dec. The slight difference in shading does help a bit, but it took a little playing with it to train my eyes for that. (It could just be my monitor that makes it hard to differentiate months.)

I'll second everything you said. I like everything else that has been done in the redesign (and it is so much more snappy, that's great), but the calendar design is a significant issue to me. I use the current one quite a lot, and find that the new one is a step back.
Adrien Beau

You can already filter out tasks that have a "Deferred Status" (delegated, waiting, hold, postponed, etc.). You can also create Saved Searches and put all the Status conditions you want in there.
Adrien Beau

Score: 2
I do not like the new calendar!

It manages to feel both cramped (so many numbers everywhere) and bloated (wider than other sections, with big blank areas on days that have no tasks). The days are not delimited by lines, at first glance it is hard to say if the circled number (number of tasks, not current day, which is another circled number...) belongs to the day above, below, to the left or to the right.

The font used for the days and the dates is enormous, possibly the biggest font on the screen apart from the Toodledo logo at the top! Compared to the font used for the number of tasks, the contrast is quite jarring. Why would the day number be so much more important than the number of tasks planned for that day?

There is also no easy, single-click way to select the current week or the current month. The ability to select an arbitrary range of dates is rather nice, but not quite as snappy as one could hope. The ability to use shift-click to do a range selection without dragging the mouse (as in the Windows explorer) would be very nice to have. Using double-click to select a week, triple-click to select a month could be nice shortcuts.
Adrien Beau

Posted Oct 14, 2016 in: Two Accounts on Android Phone
If I recall correctly, this is not possible with the Android app currently. The suggested workaround was to use one account with the app, the other with the mobile web site.
Adrien Beau

Posted Jul 07, 2016 in: Sync in iPhone
Pulling down on the screen is also a standard gesture on Android, and sorely missing. I hope the reimplemented app supports that.
Adrien Beau

Yes. It will also move forward. Repeating task dates are computed at the time you complete the task, not when you initially create the task. (This can be confusing for those used to repeat entries in calendaring apps, such as Outlook.)
Adrien Beau

Posted May 04, 2016 in: Toodledo app android N
Most likely an Android bug that will be fixed later. You'd have to ask Google about that.

Have a look at this part of another thread:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/22873/-104697/read.html#jump

This message was edited May 04, 2016.
Adrien Beau

I don't think they're completely different, they look more like an iterative refinement of an interesting base idea (auto-change the status of the next subtask), that Jake seems to believe is doable. I don't use subtasks currently, but such a feature would certainly make me reconsider. I agree with you though, in that it will certainly be impossible to please all those that request such kinds of features.
Adrien Beau

Score: 3
This is an excellent proposal for improvement. The ability to batch-edit selected items (along with shortcuts such as the Windows-standard control-clic to select disparate items, and shift-clic to select a continuous range) would be a huge step forward for Toodledo.
Adrien Beau

Posted Apr 05, 2016 in: Bug in Quarterly Repeat
This is a documented limitation of how Toodledo handles monthly repetitions.

Posted by Toodledo FAQ:
It is important to note that if you repeat a monthly task on the 30th or 31st, it will skip over months that do not have that date. For example, a monthly task due on Jan 31 will skip to March 31st because there is no Feb 31st. If you need to repeat a task at the end of the month, we recommend having it due on the 1st of the following month with a 1 day reminder or start-date.

(Source: https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#2)
Adrien Beau

Posted Apr 01, 2016 in: Links in Notes
Actually, most if not all mice have can perform a click with the scroll wheel (also known as "middle click"), and this opens links in new tabs / pages (default behavior of most browsers).
Adrien Beau

Posted Mar 30, 2016 in: Status
As far as I know, this is not possible. The list of values is taken from David Allen's Getting Things Done, and there is no setting that I can see that allows you to customize it.

Maybe using tags could help you achieve what you want?
Adrien Beau

Posted Mar 16, 2016 in: Toodledo in offline mode
Most likely, Toodledo would be using standard HTML 5 Offline Storage (also known as Client-Side Storage). Basically, each web site can store a few megabytes of data on your computer in the form of a small database managed by the browser. Think of it like much bigger cookies. The restrictions and rules are pretty much the same.

Posted by Long Vu:
If some other website crash my browser, will the "offline Toodledo" survive?

It should. It should also be transactional, so at worst you would lose your most recent change; the rest of the data should not be corrupted by the crash.

Posted by Long Vu:
If I need to wipe my browser config/profile to erase all trace of all the cruft accumulated by other sites, will "offline toodledo" survive?

No, it would be erased. But then you could just go to the Toodledo website, which would resynchronize the data.

Posted by Long Vu:
While logged into the "offline toodledo", and browsing to other sites, can the other sites see all my toodledo data?

No, unless there is a security issue with the browser. (I'm not aware of any big failure in that area.)

Posted by Long Vu:
Having a real distinct standalone desktop client and you never have to worry about all this because all the processes/data are all isolated.

You have to worry about a crash just the same. And you have to worry about someone hacking your computer and getting access to the data.
Adrien Beau

Posted Mar 07, 2016 in: Whats about change Completion Date ?
Posted by alexandremrj_123:
For companies using Toodledo, the ability to be able to have traceability about what was completed and when is completely lost if the completion date is changed.

Such companies should be aware that the so-called "completion" date is not the date at which the task was completed, but the date at which the check box was ticked (which, in my case, is often the following day, or the following week in case I skip a recurring task).

I too would appreciate the ability to alter the completion date.
Adrien Beau

Same here with the official Android app on my phone over 3G.

It seems the API server is down. The website still works. Hopefully the team will be able to put the API server back online soon.

Edit: Official explanation here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/22541/-1/server-performance-issues-feb-1-2016.html

This message was edited Feb 01, 2016.
Adrien Beau

First select "Advanced options..." in the Repeat field, then type "The 1st Thursday of each month" in the Repeat field. Works fine for me.
Adrien Beau

Posted Jan 18, 2016 in: Search = Completed tasks for one day
Maybe your search criteria was incorrect? Date Completed work fine for me. Maybe there was no completed task on the day you selected? :-)

Here's an advanced search that I just ran and that worked fine:

Match [All] of the following criteria:

[Checked Off] [yes]
AND [Date Completed] [is after] [11/01/2016]
AND [Date Completed] [is before] [18/01/2016]

It returns all the tasks I performed last week.
Adrien Beau

Posted Jan 11, 2016 in: Separating home and work
Posted by robert.vankooten_2:
Is there any way to separate the two so I don't get home goals in work or work goals at home?

This depends on whether you want to be very strict with this separation, or can accept that sometimes you will have a glimpse of home tasks at work, and work tasks at home. I am not strict about that.

I have two tags that I use systematically when creating tasks: one is "perso" for personal tasks, one is "pro" for work-related tasks. (The tag view helps me find the very rare tasks that manages to slip through my tagging: it has a "No Tag" list.) I have set up custom searches to only list tasks with "pro" or "perso" tags (plus some other criteria, because I have several companies to care for on a professional level, and several homes to maintain on a personal level; I use contexts and folders for those).

The advantage of using tags is that some tasks can have both tags, for example vacation planning which is both personal and professional.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next