frogboy

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2018
  • Score: 0
Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Posted by Khalid J Hosein:

...One question: New pricing kicks in Jan 1, but what if you current Silver/Gold subscription runs past that date? What happens?

Thanks!

Thanks for the question. If you have a subscription that runs past 1/1/19, these plan changes will not affect your current pricing schedule throughout the duration of your current subscription; you will keep your current plan until your next renewal date.

Then for a good while there will be at least 7 different functionalities between the users.

Surely for good experiences and easy management Gold/Silver folk should be moved to a new plan in the New Year and given a pro rata extension on this plan?

I suggest Silver are given a day pro rata on plus/pro and that Gold users are given a day and a half pro rata on plus/pro as a good will gesture until their current subscriptions expire.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2018.
frogboy

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 3
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2018
  • Score: 3
Standard needs to have:

- full history or at least a 10 year history
- emailing in of tasks

as an absolute minimum to make Toodledo sustainable and competitive into the future.

I would also suggest, allow linking of files by one cloud provider, say dropbox (in the same way RTM does) - the higher tiers allowing more cloud providers and internal storage.

We should also maintain the ability to link to our legacy Toodledo notes, outlines, lists.

Free should have emailing in as well imho.
frogboy

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2018
Posted by J.O.D.:
I have also decided to stay for a year and watch for the improvements - based both on the fact, that no alternative is actually better for me, maybe just cheaper, but that's it, and on correspondence with Aaron.

Posted by Anthony Taylor:
I opted for the silver package due to the 2 year retention. I will have to see how the 1 year affects me but it could be a deciding factor in me staying.
Also, the price hike is quite a change. I understand to a point, but there needs to be some very fast major improvements to make the price worthwhile, otherwise the now better alternatives in the same price range look like better prospects.

On my last email to Aaron he was considering dropping the 1year caveat and making it full history. Think it’s still being decided.
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
One big downside of ToDoist is no negative priority tasks.

I sometimes want to reference stuff thats goes on (like conferences, or acquaintances birthdays and stuff thats really just for interests sake) but don't need them necessarily in my face.

Anything I want to reference or just want in the background - if it has a date will end in the ToDoist Today list, then overdue. Very annoying. I just want to add stuff and forget about it until I need it.

ToodleDo win.
frogboy

Posted Oct 19, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • frogboy
Posted by mjbernstein:
Oh nevermind--no empty threats. Honestly, I like Toodledo. I am used to it and I have invested a lot into it (time, practice, data).

I am hoping for the best but will be prepared for the worst.

I already have pdf backups of everything that matters.

I am pulling for the developers but will say this--I really an not iOS nor Android app centric. I want the web utility improved.

I must say that while I have posted I do not think I have gotten a direct peep from any of the powers thaat run it and certainly, I do not feel the love.

So without emotion--if it stays worthwhile--that would be best and if not, I'll take care of myself. What I can say is that the only concrete changes that I have seen are a very plain jane redo of the home page that I skip anyhow and a price increase which affects me down the road.

Marc

Marc, I emailed Aaron directly - got a decent reply from him. Seems open to well reasoned suggestions. I think they are very much ears still. Might be worth you dropping him a line and tell him your fears/concerns.
frogboy

• frogboy
Posted by smatics:

As a tip for anyone else considering this, if you sign up for Todoist Free and then click on a premium function, they offer you a 30 day free trial of Premium without asking for any payment details at all (as opposed to signing up, paying, and then using the money back policy if you don't like it).

Thanks for that! Nice post
frogboy

Posted Oct 19, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
  • frogboy
Posted by Ummagumma:

I thought you were talking about getting data out of Toodledo, once.

I am talking regular bulky imports, from .cvs or similar. Previously I was importing a lot of data points on on a fairly regular basis. 2Do has brilliant saved searches, just to get stuff in bulk would acquire that Toodledo work around; not ideal.

I think 2doapp has had cvs import on their roadmap for a while now - might tweet the developer and see if there’s an ETA on that.

Just testing Todoist now....
frogboy

Score: 1
  • frogboy
  • Score: 1
Posted by gtappend:
Posted by frogboy:

Todoist doesn’t allow you to hide tasks (reference or negative priority) which is my biggest issue (since I have had at one time over 10,000 tasks which are purely reference time based information). A work around would to run two accounts....

Todoist Premium allows you to create custom filters (ie. views), in the settings you can set one of these to be the main/start view. Would that help?

That is a thought - hadn’t played with Todoist premium for a while.

In Toodledo I usually just use a set of saved searches and the Hotlist. All bookmarked in my browsers.

Todoist uses the traditional Today view - I will see if I can get that Todoist filter set as default then to sync to iOS and WatchOS and behave as if it were the Toodledo hotlist.

Thankyou. Will feedback.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
frogboy

• frogboy
Posted by Ummagumma:
2Do syncs with Toodledo, so what import options are needed ?

You are correct it does.

But it is a pain if you have a large database of say 10,000 tasks in 2Do and every time you wish to add more bulk data is reset the sync to Toodledo, import and hope you don’t corrupt or loose stuff when your merge the databases.

2Do and Toodledo are not perfect companions. No background sync on desktop and quite a few fields are incompatible.

2Do is best with Dropbox sync.
frogboy

• frogboy
RTM is a very good choice but poor import/export options. Has plenty of saved search options.

2Doapp as a stand-alone app is also great, but import options are non existent.

Todoist doesn’t allow you to hide tasks (reference or negative priority) which is my biggest issue (since I have had at one time over 10,000 tasks which are purely reference time based information). A work around would to run two accounts....

Nozbe is great for collaborating especially with files and shared work.

Things3 is a great Everyman tool.

As far as I can see export/import/saved searches/reference or hidden tasks are the USP of Toodledo. No other tool on the market works like this.

I hope Aaron listens to users. If the individual plan which sits between the current gold and silver offerings was priced at around $35-40 per year there would probably be far less cause for concern.

Just hope the tool doesn’t close or become unaffordable.
frogboy

Score: 4
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
  • Score: 4
I think the potential loss of habits, notes, outlines, lists as a big mistake. Why not keep them as the full organising suite?

The cut in task history to 1 year, that’s bad. Even free ToDoist has no limit.

File upload? Why not linking to files in cloud providers ie Dropbox, Evernote so no seperate storage required. If you do add storage will it work over WebDAV? Is it encrypted?

Why not keep it as it is and just improve the features that are there?

The pricing is going to loose people. TODoist is $29 a year, and is a polished product.....
frogboy

Posted Oct 13, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
Score: -1
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2018
  • Score: -1
And still no iOS app update....
frogboy

Posted Sep 29, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2018
Problem is 2Do has many fields that don’t sync with Toodledo, this gets confusion.

On macOS no background app refresh, so need manual update.

Remember the milk has both mobile apps and desktop wrappers, think Toodledo could copy this....

Posted by genezyc:
For what it's worth, I use 2Do on iOS. It syncs quite well with Toodledo, plus has a slick and powerful UI.

Posted by peterahl:
Thought this was vaporware due to no updates while every other ToDo App has been diligently updating / communicating. Cannot invest time into anything that is not long-term/does not improve.

Why no IOS update for iPhone X? That's crazy and I hope it doesn't take the new owners more than a couple weeks at most to fix.

The change was / is long over due.
frogboy

Posted Aug 31, 2018 in: New Homepage - feedback welcomed!
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2018
Posted by GSP1963:
Hi, Sam and the rest of the team!

I'm a little late to this board (summer vacation was a bit of a factor), but I thought I'd weigh in with my two cents.

I think what you guys have done looks very good. If I were to give it a letter grade, it would be a solid B+, which is a significant improvement from where Toodledo's homepage was at.

The main suggestion I'd offer would be to swap out one or more of the images of the bearded man for an image of, say, a woman of color. There's nothing wrong with the pink-complected bearded man, but representing all users by this one image may be conveying a mindset you don't want to convey. Not a biggie, but adding a woman who looks vaguely either Indian or African-American would take this B+ effort up to an A.

Best regards, and keep up the good work!

Not sure which town Toodledo is based in, somewhere in California I think - why not a new app mascot. Bear or Moose or something, whatever you get in those parts.

Bypasses the issues with man/woman/Black/white ..... it’s a moose sitting at it’s computer managing its tasks....
frogboy

Posted Jul 27, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2018
Thanks Sam,

Great to hear about the iOS app - can’t wait. Yes thars the biggest issue imho.

Re plans and storage; why not let silver users link lists and notes to tasks and attach external files by link only (Dropbox, google drive etc) and Gold having significant internal storage (100gb for example)

If the internal file storage had more easy interface, maybe even a WebDAV access point with a traditional file system, and search - I could end my Dropbox paid account and move everything into Toodledo.....

Look fwd to the new iOS app.

Cheers

Frogboy
frogboy

Posted Jul 18, 2018 in: New UI Skin
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2018
Nice1

Thanks!
frogboy

Posted Jul 14, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2018
Posted by creinhard:
Are most users using Toodledo on mobile or desktop platform? It's hard to tell from these posts ...

I personally use desktop version 99%, with a rare android visit here and there. I can't imagine being as productive on smarphone or tablet as I am on desktop ...

Chris

I am on desktop (Mac) for long uses of it, data input and tweaking, then on iPad for quick entry and day to day.

In my mind the biggest priority #1 is keep it as is,

Just tweak a few UI things, but not so important.

AND

the iOS app <--- Priority #2, #3 & #4

(sorry Androiders)

Thanks Jake - all the best!
frogboy

Posted Jul 10, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 2
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2018
  • Score: 2
I have until recently used Toodledo to manage the chemistry education of 1200 young people, in my role as head of subject at a large school teaching kids aged 11-18. No other tool cut the mustard. Used it for 5 years.

However, despite @Jake being an absolute legend and clearly working like a trojan this app needs some GUI love.

New owners, please in order of priority:

1) Fix the damned iOS app. Just speed it up, cut the battery drain, make it modern
2) Bring in colours, emoji etc into tasks
3) iCal feeds per folder not just for entire database.
4) a desktop tool, Mac & Windows even if just for input and notifications - browser only still makes input a chore
5) attachment picker - would rather have links to docs in Dropbox etc rather than importing, thus duplicating every time.

Demands asside, I wish Jake all the best for the future.
frogboy

Posted Jun 17, 2018 in: How to handle projects
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2018
Posted by Ummagumma:

I plan my projects in other applications, and only export individual tasks to the task manager.

which applications?
frogboy

Posted Jun 13, 2018 in: How to handle projects
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2018
I stopped using subtasks - found them confusing with the interface.

I break things down into Goals --> Projects/Folders --> Tasks

Each task may or may not have tags/context/or location

Most projects/folders have 1 task that is a master task. Contains details of project, is the prototype that I can also duplicate. I just set this to negative and reference (in priority & status)

I am a big fan of saved searches. This is what I go to reference. Each one of these has a URL, which I bookmark in Safari for quick finding.

Have largely jettisoned the iOS app (so buggy now in iOS11 - (please @jake hurry up!) - but I do use Workflow.is to get stuff in using the email syntax (have about 6 pre set appended subjects).

I tend to PDF off a saved search and add to Notability on iOS and tick off my tasks with my Apple Pencil as I go through my day. Or print out and use a pen!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next