ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben"
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 0
In Task Search, I've been trying to include a space (" ") at the beginning or end of the search string. Does anyone know if there is a way?

I've tried single and double quoting it, escaping it with \, etc and none of these work.

I'd like to be able search in such a way, that, for example, "hate" does not match the string "whatever".

Thanks!
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Aug 04, 2019 in: What has changed in the last year?

This message was edited Aug 04, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Larry - "batch edit" has been added and is quite a useful feature.

Feature rollout was somewhat interesting.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by Ummagumma:

Boy, are you in for a treat...

You're a funny guy, Ummag, and have quite the turn of phrase. When I saw you'd replied on this, I was curious to see your response and presumed that it would potentially be lengthy and an interesting read; you had me rolling on the floor with your precise succinctness.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 1
Hi Anant,

I hope that you have been more quiet on these boards of late because you are so busy in dealing with other aspects of the business and the team's focused efforts on moving the product forward.

From the outside here, with little to no communication from new ownership these past couple months (in these forums (e.g. News -- in addition to responding to question posts), your blog, your twitter feed, etc), it's kind of easy for one to draw other conclusions which may not be true but are troubling and concerning relating to whether toodledo is going to remain a viable and available product going forward.

A lot of people here, I believe, have been happy using toodledo and are worried and upset about whether they will be able to continue to do so. A goodly number have been migrating to other products which surely can't be your desire(?).

I think people would be willing to accept an increase in annual price from $20 to $36, but it's harder to swallow when, it seems, that that is also going to be with loss of functionality (in my case history dropping from 2yrs down to 1, along with a numerous other changes that would push others to more expensive gold level). Even more concerning, is that product stability seems to have eroded quite a bit (outages as well as pretty unstable feature rollouts -- multi-select comes to mind).

I sure wish I knew if the toodledo team has a viable financial plan in place and are cash-flow positive or at least on stable financial footing.

I worked for 20+ years in sustaining engineering and development at places like Oracle, and I have read that your plans include increased focus on business customers. However, even with the limited visibility I have into how it seems things are being run at toodledo at present, it really make me question whether that's going to work. Larger orgs are much less tolerant of a loosy goosy mode of operation than individual end-users like me/us. Even the current solo end-users seem to be in a state of consternation which does not bode well for rolling out into the corporate sphere, imo.

In the meantime, while I continue using toodledo, I am starting to regularly back up my data in case things suddenly go dark and am in an unsettled state about where this product stands and its future.

I can't imagine that's how the company wants to leave it's customer base feeling and hanging, is it?

If I should be drawing different conclusions from what I see happening, I would welcome Toodledo's corrections and alternate perspective.

Thanks.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Jul 30, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Posted by mbrumbaugh:
Hello? HELLO? HELLLOOOOOO??????????

You're funny...

Sadly, I don't think you're trying to be.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

That sounds ugly. Hopefully you also opened a support ticket?

Very nice of you to post here so the rest of the user base has a chance to get visibility into what's maybe afoot, but the Toodle folks do not seem to be very active here so probably the only way to get their attention will be with a support ticket.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

This message was edited Jul 30, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Jul 29, 2019 in: Dangerous Bug
Thanks, Duo. That was very helpful.

I use repeat a lot too and it's concerning if I can't depend on deterministic (or rather correct) behavior regarding that.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Jul 27, 2019 in: Dangerous Bug
It's interesting that Anant said earlier that this code has been untouched for at least 4 years. By implication, it seems, he's saying that this bug has been around for at least that long.

It's a pretty bad bug for anyone using repeat on important tasks so it's curious how it could have gone unnoticed in all that time if it's been around so long.

I take it that no one else ran across this or reported it in all this time?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Jul 25, 2019 in: Expired Service
You may need to file a support ticket (but I guess if you are not a current subscriber, that functionality may not be available to you), to get a response from the toodledo folks. It seems like no one from there has been active in these forums since about Jul 9.

If you need someone else (with an active license) to file the support ticket for you, I can do that if you want and transcribe their responses back into this thread.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Jul 20, 2019 in: Dangerous Bug
Score: 2
Having to do that check really defeats the purpose of having repeating task functionality at all.

And the possibilities of things falling thru the cracks are enormous for all of us using repeat and forgetting to do a manual check as you are.

I take it you have not received any response from dev/support about this (awful) bug?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Thx, Umma, for staying plugged in and sharing your sage thoughts. (app agnostic stripped down use of task features most interesting)
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Yeah, this all is pretty disconcerting, I'd sure agree.

A few weeks ago the toodledo rep who used to be on here quite a bit resurfaced and said he'd be back in the forums again much more regularly. However, now things have gone silent since the 9th, over 10 days ago, going on close to 2 weeks when factoring in weekends.

I sure wish I could get a better sense of whether the outfit running this is financially viable. I guess no one would have any idea if they are cash-flow positive or not. Seems to be a small team. Somewhere I'm pretty sure I recall reading that toodledo had over 1Million users (which seemed like it must be an inflated number) though that must include users who are using the product for free. I wonder how large the paying customer base is.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted Jun 30, 2019 in: Very quiet here and No News
Score: 1
People say that Toodle team has gone silent? Is Anant still regularly answering posts here anymore? (I only saw one post from him from back on May20 when trying to look around)
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by Anant G.:
Sorry to say, we don't have any plans to change the task history for standard plans currently. Most of the users suggested that they export the csv of the tasks every month or 3 months. We do have plans to make this process automated and create better monthly//quarterly and yearly reports.

Thanks, Anant, for giving me a reply. I appreciate your responding. (Do wish you all would consider otherwise, tho)
Ob-La-Di+ruben

You're right, Purveyor. (on all of the above)

I'm on Silver right now and I've been making do with 2 yrs so I supposed that probably would suffice in lieu of 5.

Still more than 2 might be a nice gesture since the price has trended upwards just a bit...
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Anant,

Didn't know of a better way to bring this up.

I would consider staying with Toodledo for the $36 annual fee (2.99 Standard Plan) but I need more than 1 year of History (at least 5 yrs or so).

Is this being considered at all? I noticed earlier on when the plans were first rolled out that a few features sort of got re-arranged between the different plans as the dust settles.

If it stays stuck at one year, then that's basically a blocker for me and I'll need to start sorting out my future plans. (And I believe Standard used to be a month of history or something initially so I realize that you've already tried to bend and increase the timeframe a bit).

Thanks.

(PS And sorry I keep misspelling your name -- can't re-edit the thread title)

This message was edited May 20, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted May 20, 2019 in: Has Toodledo been hacked?
Did you hear any more on how this email came about?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by -J-O-D-:
Hi, rubenB. Basically I follow the Blog, then the Roadmap - under the profile icon in upper right corner: Blog, Feature Requests. Nothing else, really, but probably I remember stuff that has been said there or on these forums. Nothing magical about it:-)

Yup, thanks!

Wish there was one organized place to reference a list with rolled out dates and such. Would sure make it easier for someone like me who's got such a worthless memory and doesn't remember everything I stumble across here or there, in various blog articles, long thread about feature roadmaps and occasional new threads in News forum entry, etc.

You sure seem like a neat guy -- certainly super helpful and awesome here on the forum boards. Will be sad if and when you aren't here on Toodle anymore. If you ever feel like having a penpal over here in the States, drop me a note at franz_und_hans at yahoo dot com.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

One for the ages...
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next