ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Peter S..."
Peter S...

Score: 0
Posted by Salgud:
I'd like to see an option in the Start Date and Due Date fields to tell TD to automatically Star a task on it's due date or it's Start Date. The way I, and others, use TD, this would be extremely useful for keeping my hot tasks list updated without my having to do it all manually.

You can set new task default to have the star on.
Peter S...

Posted Aug 12, 2010 in: iPhone/iPad app Version 2.0.4
Posted by JPR:
Settings > General > Application Badge > Overdue & Due Today

Won't that work?

For me, no. I use starred tasks an would want non-hidden starred task count showing.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2010.
Peter S...

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: iPhone/iPad app Version 2.0.4
Posted by lstein:
Dear Toodledo,

It would be really nice if the app badge number could respond to filters, perhaps optionally. Right now, the badge count excludes completed tasks (great) but includes future tasks (frustrating).

+1 Hear, hear!
Peter S...

You could give it a priority of -1.
Peter S...

Posted by Toodledo:
We currently do not have any special behavior to unstar a task on completion, although we know that this would be handy for some people. It is on our to-do list.

Hopefully as an option. I have repeating tasks that I do want starred when they first appear.
Peter S...

Posted by markjamesdavies:
......I still would prefer for the Application Badge's task count to always show the total number of starred tasks, including subtasks *irrespective* of what filter I may have happened to have previously used.

Perhaps a new config option could be used to determine how the Application Badge's task count works: a) use the current "Subtasks" Filter setting [as now], b) show only parent task count, or c) show total number of parent and sub-task count

The subtasks issue is more difficult that the other hidden tasks like future start date. For the latter, I think it would be the case that most, if not all, users would not want the badge to indicate these hidden tasks. For subtasks, it would be more of a user preference so a setting would be useful.
Peter S...

Er, I'm not sure how to do that on iPhone app. I've looked at the config settings but can't see how to do it. I've tried "List Dividers" as "On" (although not really sure what this option does) but that makes no difference to the Application Badge's task count....

On the iPhone it's called nested or in-line. On any task list, click "Hidden Tasks". There is a setting for subtasks at the bottom.

Nested subtasks are considered hidden, thus flattening them will change the count in the desired direction. But the count will still show other hidden tasks (future, deferred, etc).

The bottom line problem is the badge counts hidden tasks of all kinds when it shouldn't.
Peter S...

Hi there

I have configured my iPhone's "Application Badge" to be "Starred Tasks" but the count number is much larger than I am expecting (as it seems to include completed tasks) and so is misleading and not useful (IMHO).

I do not want my task counts to include completed tasks; I just want to know the count of outstanding tasks.

I read too fast the first time through. I don't think the starred badges include completed tasks. They do, however, include hidden tasks (ie, future start, -1, etc.).

Toodledo..... is this correct?
Peter S...

+1

I have been asking for this for some time now.
Peter S...

Posted Jul 06, 2010 in: Update Version 2.0.1 - nav bar mis step
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the feedback. We got a number of complaints about the toolbar at the bottom of the page and we are trying to devise a way to hide it when not in use.

Very good news!!
Peter S...

My badge works but it shows total tasks including hidden, which makes little sense. I've hidden them because I don't need to pay attention to them.

The extreme example is having zero starred tasks displayed in the starred list, but five hidden tasks with start dates in the future. Now the badge says "five" indicating there is something I need to pay attention to, which is not true.

I wish this could be fixed.
Peter S...

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
It is a shame we have lost screen space for this. In the next release, I hope you will consider a way to provide a notebook/task toggle button without sacrificing so much viewing area.

Maybe have that bar on the main (tasks) screen only? It is usually only one step away.

Thanks.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2010.
Peter S...

Posted May 09, 2010 in: Some more feedback on counts
The counts also tend to include hidden tasks (eg, deferred, future start), making them less useful on a day to day basis to see what's up.

Particularly the springboard icon's count, which I would use for starred tasks (current focus). All but a useless number in the badge.
Peter S...

Posted May 06, 2010 in: Suggestion: iPhone LockInfo plugin
Nothing further. You can try contacting Keith from several posts up.
Peter S...

Score: 1
I would like to see some improvement to the Jott connection. Particularly use of default task settings when a Jott task is imported.
Peter S...

Posted Apr 25, 2010 in: Jott interoperability
Posted by Toodledo Feb 22, 2009:
Yes, we plan to have the default settings also work for tasks added via Jott.

Well, I just discovered Jott and really really like it. I'm glad there is a basic connection to ToodleDo, but disappointed it's not more developed. Having TD default settings applied to any tasks imported from Jott seems a very basic and useful modification. It's been over a year since you said this was in the plans.

It would also be helpful to have the option to not show the "listen" link on Jott tasks.

thanks.......
Peter S...

Posted Apr 25, 2010 in: Suggestion: iPhone LockInfo plugin
Posted by Transisto:
May I ask you what function of the toodledo app you like so much for not using appigo todo instead ?

Anyway, this is a Lockinfo issue, they don't need toodledo aproval for doing it.

Ps: I use this thing all the time, it's a wonderful integration.

What is it you use that is a wonderful integration?

The Toodledo plugin is not done by the LockInfo author. It is independent. The biggest reasons I like it are that it lets me show only starred tasks on the lockscreen or highlight starred task when others are shown. You can display any of: due date, folder, context along with the task. You can hide future tasks, deferred tasks, designate the lowest priority that should display.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2010.
Peter S...

Posted Mar 29, 2010 in: Suggestion: iPhone LockInfo plugin
Well, I was beta testing and it is functional, but the developer, Keith, seems to have gone MIA before releasing it. I emailed him about a week ago with no response as of yet.
Peter S...

Posted Jan 27, 2010 in: Suggestion: iPhone LockInfo plugin
Posted by Keith:
I'm currently working on a Toodledo plugin for Lockinfo. It will have the option show only starred items, items of certain priority etc...

If you are interested in testing it for me, drop me an email at [email protected]

-Keith

Testing underway!
Peter S...

Well said!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next