ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by MM1772"
MM1772

Posted Oct 31, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 1
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2018
  • Score: 1
Posted by marcelmooij:
Posted by DrFrankBuck:
Hi DrFrank, I tried the import from current.csv but I got an error-message: "sorry this file doesn't contain valid task data"

Try importing a Toodledo backup, not a Toodledo exported .csv file.
MM1772

Posted Oct 26, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2018
Posted by dolp_1374590451:
I was not contacted for any comments before hand.

I think that request might have been in one of their posts on this forum, but I can't remember.
MM1772

Posted Oct 25, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2018
  • Score: 2
Posted by Ron Kuntz:
Who can forget "we dont comment on timeframes, but it is on our to do list". Ill pay more to never have to hear that BS again!!

I can understand your frustration, but having worked in the software development field for just over 35 years, I have to say that's pretty standard. The companies I worked for explained that there was a legal implication in saying something would be out at a particular date and then missing the deadline. Maybe it's because they were large companies and had a large team of lawyers who erred on the side of caution, but it was pretty common.
MM1772

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2018
Posted by Ummagumma:
I don’t care about task history (I use Onenote for this)

Can you give me a short description of how you use OneNote for that? Maybe it's something I could try for the tasks I actually save.
MM1772

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 11
  • MM1772
  • Score: 11
Thanks for working with us (existing users) on this, Aaron.

The only thing that Standard is missing is a longer task history. One week is very limited. If it was even 6 months, that might be enough that I could work around it. For example, I can't remember if I wrote a proposal for a writing project. Sure, I could go and look for the project on Microsoft Office OneDrive, but by having it as a completed task, I could write notes about the task before I check it complete, which would be very useful. I could work around it by using Notes or even Microsoft OneNote. Hmmm. Not sure on this one. Interested in what others would do.
MM1772

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 0
  • MM1772
  • Score: 0
For shared grocery lists, we use Out of Milk on Android. It can autocomplete item names and put them in the right category. For example, I just typed "Cor" and it came up with Coriander Seeds as one of the choices. I selected it, and it put it under Baking & Cooking. I can open the item and tap + to increase the number of items (1). I can enter the price (I don't use this) and check a box if I have a coupon for this item.

I create my lists per shop. I can move or copy the item to a different list. For example, if I don't like the cherry tomatoes at Trader Joe's, with a couple of clicks I can move that item to Stop & Shop and that way I know to buy it there.

The reason that I'm mentioning this is because I could never manually create a list like this. I initially tried to create a list on Toodledo, but it became hard to maintain and hard to keep track of what I managed to buy unless I printed out the list. Granted, this was when lists were first introduced and maybe they weren't that powerful and maybe I didn't know what I was doing, but it does point out that sometimes a "purpose-built" app is better than a generic feature.

It's true that you can end up with so many different apps that it drives you crazy. That's what one has to balance.
MM1772

Posted Oct 22, 2018 in: Task notes disappearing on 1st Jan?
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2018
What about Notes? (Not task notes, but Notes.) Are they staying?

I also don't see Outlines, Goals, or Lists on that graphic. I don't use Outlines or Lists, and use Goals very little, but I thought I'd ask.
MM1772

Posted Oct 22, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2018
Posted by cspence:
You would think the new owners would engage around the topic and stop the hemorrhaging of paid members.
The longer they ignore this discussion the more members they lose to other services that have already developed a good or better solution, at a more reasonable pricing structure.

Actually, Aaron has been very involved. A while back he asked for people who wanted to be surveyed to let him know. I did, and a week ago he actually phoned me. It was a very good conversation and he seemed to understand what people needed. What we didn't discuss was price. As others said, I expected it would go up, so I didn't think it was important to ask. I didn't realize it would go up so much, though.

I haven't decided whether I'll stay and go for a free account or whether I'll go somewhere else. Some of the features I'd lose on a free account are ones I don't use anyway. Or, I might go for a Gold subscription and deal with losing history. (Or, I could export history every so often so I still have it.)

As I'm investigating other options, I see many that feature collaboration. I belong to many social groups, but there's no way to get them to agree to use this collaboration feature. I see that as something a business would use because they can mandate what software to use for collaboration. So maybe that should be moved over to business, and the price for non-business be reduced?
MM1772

• MM1772
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2018
@pawelkaleta Export is very important to me. I want to be able to export to do my own analysis and I also like to export in case a company goes under.

One of the tools I'm investigating didn't have Export under any of the menus. However, when I googled "export from [toolname]" I found that their backups are in .CSV format. In other words, I just had do do a backup and download that.

One thing I'm going to miss [if I change software] is Toodledo's Notes feature. Yes, it could be better (rich text editing), but it was nice to have things there that I could access quickly while out. For example, what size furnace filter do I need? Is it 16 x 25 x 1 or some other size? I do have an Evernote acct, so I might check that out. If the free plan allows notes, I may keep them there after my subscription expires in January, and wait to see how Toodledo develops.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2018.
MM1772

• MM1772
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
I haven't received the new pricing email yet (yes, I looked in the spam folder), so I went to the public-facing Toodledo website (https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php) and saw the price changes. [UPDATE: The message just appeared in my email. Will read it now.]

I'm a Gold member and my cost will go from $29.99/year to $89.88/year.

I compared the different levels and the only thing I really need on the Gold plan is the Full history.

Speaking of history, according to my email folder for Toodledo, I joined as a free member in 1999. I upgraded to Gold in 2010. That's a lost of history, but I don't necessarily save all my completed tasks. For example, I have to take recycling to the recycling area. Instead of just marking it as complete, I either reschedule it for next time, or change the date to No Date. Since I don't use the Goals feature, it doesn't really affect anything if I do it this way.

Two years ago I would have said, "I need Toodledo and I don't have the time to learn another app." But things have changed. I now have more time than money because I had to retire, so I have to evaluate my choice differently.

Someone suggested letting current subscribers renew at the old rate. I don't see how Toodledo could do that indefinitely, but maybe they could give tiered discounts for existing customers. For example, if you've been a customer for 1-5 years, you get x% discount, 6-10 years, a higher discount, 10+ a higher discount. Or instead of increasing the amount of discount, they could increase the number of years you'd get a set discount.

In the meantime, I will, unfortunately be investigating other apps just so I can make an informed decision.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
MM1772

Posted Aug 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2018
A few have suggested being able to manually sort things. I agree. For example, when I'm looking at my list of things to do today, it doesn't matter if an item is only Medium priority; it might have suddenly become high priority, whereas the reverse may be true for other items.

Also, some items are better done at different times. There are things I should do first thing in the morning, but others can wait until after lunch (no specific time, mind you, just later than the morning items).

And if something new needs to be done ("Call plumber about the sound the toilet is making"), I just want to be able to move it around as the day pans out.

Though I use my laptop or desktop PC to do most of my major scheduling/planning, I use an Android (currently version 8.1) when I'm out. Keep the great sync capability!
MM1772

Posted Jul 08, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2018
Jake and team: Let me repeat what others have said: thank you so much for all you've done with Toodledo. I couldn't have survived a high-tech job, a busy outside life, and writing on the side without it. You've done a great job and should be proud of it.

Sam and new team:

I filled in your survey, but as I browse through others' comments, I see things I should have added.

My use is 90% desktop (browser on Windows), 10% phone (not because of the UI, but because I hate typing on phones and find voice-to-text aggravating at times). I also like seeing things on a large monitor. I've looked at it on an iPad recently (through a browser) and it's not bad, though.

As two others have said, "Please create an easy and quick way to reassign all tasks not done today to tomorrow's date (with 1-2 clicks)." I often have a good list of things I hope to get done only to get sidetracked by something else. I'd really like a way to re-assign dates to different dates, not just tomorrow's date, because tomorrow could be booked up as well.

I'm also one that doesn't use some of the fancier features. I love the idea of habits, but find I just don't remember to update them. I don't use outlines. If I need to outline, I'll use Word or LibreOffice. I don't use Lists. Some of the ideas for lists are great, but I had already been using other apps for them when Lists came out and just never made the switch.

I enjoyed participating in the beta release a couple of times. I don't know if that was discontinued or if I just missed the announcements, but it might be something to continue.

Finally, Jake and team should be commended for the fantastic stability and uptime of Toodledo. It is so much better than Outlook or Yahoo Calendar, for example.
MM1772

Posted Dec 11, 2017 in: Calendar and Kanban Card View
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2017
Just curious if anyone has used Zapier to do this.

I normally just use Toodledo without any integrations, but sometimes when things get overwhelming, I need to use a Kanban method to figure out what I'm doing. It looks like the Zapier/Trello integration would be very useful.
MM1772

• MM1772
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2016
Just finished a quick look and reported two anomalies. (I don't want to call them bugs because they might be user error :) )

On first look, I'm not loving the calendar on the left as much as I like the current one. It's too big and it's hard for me to tell quickly where one month ends and the other begins when there are tasks for that day. For example, I had 14 tasks on December 1 and the 14 almost hides the Dec. The slight difference in shading does help a bit, but it took a little playing with it to train my eyes for that. (It could just be my monitor that makes it hard to differentiate months.)

I can see how it could be useful to see the exact number of tasks for a day so that you don't overbook, but I rarely needed to know the exact number; usually just seeing more than a couple of dots clued me in on the fact that that was a busy day.

I will admit that now it's much easier to go ahead more than a month or two.

I'm sure I'll get used to the largeness of the calendar section, too.

Good work!
MM1772

Posted Jun 05, 2015 in: Beta Testers Wanted
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2015
Where should we report problems?
MM1772

Posted May 13, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 3
  • MM1772
  • Posted: May 13, 2015
  • Score: 3
I'm a little late to the game, but I've finally started playing with habits.

I read through all the comments and suggestions and am impressed with how much it's improved since rollout. Here are some of my thoughts and a description of how I'm using it so far.

First, some comments on suggestions that others made:
Yes to tying task to a habit! (Or, as someone suggested, making it an option to have it show up in tasks.) This would be my number 1 request.
Yes to ability to have more choices of frequency (once per week, once per month, weekdays only) and skip days.
I'd like to be able to add notes.

Now for how I use the feature. I have basically 4 ways that I use it (use cases?):

Things I need to do:

Examples: Exercise, Write, Work on de-cluttering
In this case, a checkmark is good enough because I have an exercise app that logs time, distance, and so on. Also, for writing and de-cluttering, though it might be interesting to know how many words I wrote and how long I spent going through boxes in the attic, just knowing I worked on it is good.

Things I need to reduce:

Examples: Weight, Facebook visits per day, TV hours per day
In this case, using a number works because I see a graph shows me when the number goes down, which is what I want. I'm not so worried about having a target line, but I'd use it if it were there.

Things I need to stop doing:
Examples: Eating candy
In this case, a checkmark is a fail.

Things I need to log:

Examples: When neck pain is bad enough to take prescription anti-inflammatory
In this case, every day should be logged. A 0 is good (no medication necessary). Anything greater than 0 shows how many times I had to take medication that day.

Keep up the good work! I really love Toodledo. I still use a web browser for most of the day since I'm on a computer for 8+ hour for the day job and then, if possible, another 2 hours writing or doing personal tasks. However, I recently got a Galaxy Note 3, so I'll probably start using that on weekends and other times a way.
MM1772

Posted Dec 24, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2014
I'm joining this conversation a little late, so my apologies if I've missed a deadline or am beating a dead horse on some particular point.

Like Bridget, I use Toodledo almost exclusively on a desktop computer with Mozilla Firefox. I was also using it on an iPod Touch, but I don't use that as much because I'm usually on a desktop, laptop, or my husband's iPad.

I use it at home and at work. The only thing I find a little difficult to manage is timing. For example, today is Christmas Eve. I have some things I have to finish at work, things I have to do on the way home, things I have to do at home to prepare to go out, and things I have to do when I return because I'll be heading out early tomorrow morning.

I tried using the Start Time field, but I don't need the specific timing; that is, I don't need the ability to specify the start time for "Brush off boots and put out clothes for tomorrow".

I tried tags. I created some tags that started with z and specified a more general time of day: zCommuteHome, zBeforeSupper, zAfterSupper, zBeforeBed. That works, but I don't always use them.

I tried Context, but I use that for other things, too, so it got messy.

In other words, Toodledo allows me to make my own ways to do things, so it's basically user error that prevents me from using them to the fullest :-)

The other thing that isn't as streamlined as I'd like it to be is that when I use the Calendar view, I may look at yesterday's To Do list and realize that I didn't finish any of them and need to reschedule the entire lot until Saturday. That means I have to go into Search and search for Due Date and then select the date. For me, it would be nice to have a way to automatically reschedule a certain day's leftover items. It could be a link to the Search that automatically fills in the date I was looking at, or a special search where I can search for Today's Date -1 or something. Just some quick way to be looking at a day and say, "Oh, yeah, I need to move all of these items to another day."

And finally, I like the name Toodledo, though everytime I look at my shortcut on the browser bar, in my head I'm saying Toledo, not Toodledo, LOL!

Happy Holidays to all those who celebrate at this time of year.
MM1772

• MM1772
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2013
In the following post, a user asks, "Why do completed tasks show as 'Overdue' when displaying by Tag and sorted by Due Date?"

This still happens and I found it very confusing. Would it be possible to put a checkbox or something that allows one to filter out the completed tasks? I know I can create a search myself, but I thought I'd echo that I'd be interested in something built in.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/10172/-50340/completed-tasks-show-as-overdue.html
MM1772

• MM1772
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2013
Posted by Jake:
If you have a list of 50 tasks, the best thing would be to open our website, click "Add task" then click "Add multiple" and then copy and paste in your list.

Wow! I learned something new. I didn't know that feature was there! (I always use the Quick Add Task.) This could be very useful!
MM1772

Score: 3
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2013
  • Score: 3
Just weighing in: I'd use the outline more if I could then convert the items to tasks easily.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next