ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Richard_"
Richard_

Posted Feb 19, 2011 in: Synch of daily recurring tasks
Score: 0
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Feb 19, 2011
  • Score: 0
I think I know what happens: check the date of the task that came back.

This is what happens for me:
I have my tasks sorted by date and if I check a daily task it gets checked and under it appears the new task which is the task for the next day.
I find this behavior nice but it IS confusing.
Richard_

Posted Feb 19, 2011 in: Synch of daily recurring tasks
  • Richard_
Yes, that should not happen but I saw this happen too when I used two Ipods.
Now I only use one Ipod and it syncs as expected (the latest edit is synced to both when they sync)

Do you use two I* devices?
Richard_

Posted Feb 19, 2011 in: Seemless Connection tp Calendar
  • Richard_
I love toodledo for the capability to give a good "overview" over what has to be done.
What I miss, is a connection to a calendar application. Yes, I use the ical connection extensively but I can not directly manipulate tasks of a certain day. This is a challenge because to me it seems more natural to move on the typical calendar view to plan the day.

I would like to
-> create task in the calendar that are "resynced" into toodledo
-> change a task in the calendar view and it gets "resynced" into toodledo

I thought about maybe using a Script on my home-Mac that handles another calender which is synced to the toodledo calendar and can be manipulated via the calendar app of the iphone. But that would require some heavy scripting (syncing back, checking where the change did come from etc...)

There is another app that seems to display a calendar view and syncs to toodledo but it has abysmal reviews (search for "toodledo" in the itunes store, it is called smartcal)

Maybe someone here has another Idea how to get this done before I start to waste time scripting?

//Edit: something else that I find problematic with the calendar connetcion is that I have lots of "whole day" tasks that keep cluttering up the "daily" bar. Not showning them is probably neither a solution..... I just try to get some input how to proceed or how others solved this.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2011.
Richard_

Posted Jan 23, 2011 in: Change Completion Date
Score: 1
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2011
  • Score: 1
I third that idea.
Though I don't think I'd ever use it ;)
(my biggest Problem is Archiving the data and the same tasks with the same date are not accepted by google import)
For Court cases, I don't think it is that useful to show a file with a date stamp that you can change yourself :P
Richard_

Score: 2
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2011
  • Score: 2
Absolutly!

For the Pro-Plus Version, I don't really see a purpose but the Pro-Version is worth every Cent in my opinion.
I think/hope that Toodledo might evolve into two paid Versions:
Pro is an extensive Task planner and
Pro-Plus fetures Project-Management tools: Tasks that may depend on each other "task starts when Task X is marked as finished" with Gantt-Chart and maybe some rudimentary Resource-Planning. I think such a Project-Management would make lots of users switch to pro-plus as we see lots of questions for such tools in this Forum. (I hope the toodledo-guys did not plan to include those features into tho pro-version and now switch that to pro-plus *g*)
Richard_

Posted Jan 14, 2011 in: No way to repeat an unfinished task?
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2011
I think the "optionally on" modifier is what you are looking for
Richard_

Posted Jan 08, 2011 in: Location Info in Iphone App available?
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2011
Can an I access the Information that is associated with a location in the Iphone Application?
Since I use an Ipod as PDA it has no Wlan Access while in the public so the geolocation is not available but an address associated with a location is really useful.
Richard_

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: History of completed RECURRING tasks
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2011
You can set it to repeat from completion date:
So if you don't complete the (daily) task, the Task is shown as overdue until the time you complete it. Then it gets set to the next day.
The completion date is written in the csv-file so if you rename it to "start date" it is displayed in google at the date you competed the task.

//Edit: I made this probably not clear:
I rename the "completion date" to "start date" and remove the original start and end dates of the task. This way, google calender represents the Task as a the whole day event in the calender at the date when the Task was completed.

This message was edited Jan 06, 2011.
Richard_

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: History of completed RECURRING tasks
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2011
I can open it in Excel/Open Office and it seems toodledo appends the last completed tasks always at the end of the csv file. So I just remove the superfluous rows/columns, rename the header and load it into Google Calender. This can be probably streamlined.....
Richard_

Posted Jan 05, 2011 in: History of completed RECURRING tasks
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2011
I export the the completed Tasks every week in csv format, rename the headers and load it into a Google "Report" Calendar
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=45656
yes, somewhat of a hassle.
I find those chains in the goals section pretty neat too.
Richard_

Posted Jan 03, 2011 in: push-ups and Toodledo
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2011
Hi Greg,

the "push done and reverse" comment is pretty hard to explain so please try this and you will see what I mean:
->Set up a task that repeats daily from the due date.
->Go into "All tasks" of your Iphone (I think it should work with every other view too)
->Set it up so that it sorts after due date
Now you are ready to go.
Lets say, you did exercise today:
-> You push "done" on the Overview over all Tasks. You will see one instance marked as "done" and another is (instantly) created the next day that is repeating.

If you did not exercise, just push the "completed" tasks checkmark and now you got two unfinished Tasks: one is overdue or today, the other (repeating) the next day. So for every day you did not exercise one overdue task will remain. If you did not touch your Iphone for one week, this way you can "catch up" very easy.

This message was edited Jan 03, 2011.
Richard_

Posted Jan 02, 2011 in: push-ups and Toodledo
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2011
I have similar tasks (Jogging) ;)
First, this Idea of "piling up" tasks is bad: at some point you have lots of "crap" tasks to manage. If you really want to do this and have the Iphone App you can push "done" and reverse it (the task gets split up, I like this feature because this way you can add Notes to the "done" task).
If you use the Web I am not sure how this could be done convenient.
But every Task is associated with a date when you should have done the task: if you set it to "repeat from due date" you can try to catch up.

That said, here is how I do it and maybe you like this:
I have my daily tasks set to "repeat from completion date". This allows to import the completed tasks into Google Calendar (I wrote a script that sets the tasks as daily appointments to the date when it was completed) and so I see when I did my exercises. (I have set up a "Report" Calendar for just this).
Richard_

Posted Jan 01, 2011 in: Second level collation
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2011
My general goal is to have the least amount of different places where "todos" are managed. So my List is cluttered up with lots of stuff and tasks of very different kinds.
Example:
Jogging (private, not so important)
Creating a Document (work, very important, done over some time)
Appointments like flights (work, has to be done at a certain time)
Japanese Lessons (private, has to be done at a certain time)

I like to have a "general" overview. That means, I don't like to switch between different views (I use the Iphone Version a lot) but it seems that the View gets cluttered up with unimportant stuff (Jogging, Japanese lessons etc..) which makes it hard for me to prioritize.
So I use second level Sorting:
Due Date - Folder
That works for me pretty well but you can not see the second level very well in the Iphone and the website.
Thats why I think a second level collting (right word?) would be useful:
I imagine for example in the Iphone App that the first level sorting is like it is right now and the second level sorting paints the Background of the cells.
Maybe something similar is in the Website possible too?
This would allow to see in an instant: aha, this part is in the "private" Folder (less important) and this is in the "work" Folder
I am going wild here: Maybe a Button "switch first and second level sorting" would be very useful:
I see what I have to do today in private, work etc...
then press the "switch"-Button and scroll to the work Folder and see what I have to do work related today, tomorrow, the next week etc....
Also I think the "due time" Views are not ideal:
I can see "overdue" and "today" but cannot see "overdue and today" which is view that would IMHO be very useful. I never used the "due time".View because I have to switch constantly to get an overview

Toodledo is still the best todo-planner I ever had: thanks a lot

This message was edited Jan 01, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2