ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Michael_49"
Michael_49

Score: 0
I have seasonal chores too. Here's what I do...
1) In Notes, I make a list of tasks stacked one on top of the other.
2) When it's time to load all those tasks for the specific season, I copy them
3) I create a new task, click on the "Add multiple Tasks" hyperlink
4) Paste them into a new task and click accept. Now I just created 15 seasonal tasks.

I'll also use a symbol like ">" so I know that task is a special one I added in a certain way. Here's an example of mine. I also use a header to identify each season.

WINTER TASKS
>XMAS lights DOWN-Jan
>XMAS tree & decorations DOWN-Jan
>FURNACE Clean & Check
>TREE Prune Front Tree-March
>Humidifier setup Ours-Dec
>BUSHES (north) trim-Feb/March
Michael_49

Posted May 28, 2016 in: Personal Account info?
Hi...I changed my cell phone and mailing address. Where do I go to update my Personal Account info?
Michael_49

Posted Mar 06, 2016 in: We Need Examples of Search Criteria
Score: 1
Hi All,

I have been a user of ToodleDo for about 5 years and enjoy the many benefits it has to offer. I’ve used simple search criteria for saved searches. I understand Boolean logic with AND / OR statements etc. However, why have I just spent the last 1 ½ hour on a Sunday Morning with my coffee struggling to create a simple search with subtasks???

ToodleDo tease us with subtask criteria (Is Subtasks…Has subtasks) but I can’t get it to work ever! I went to the FAQ help area for this topic and it was too superficial for someone actually attempting to get results. Here’s my suggestion. We need visual examples of criteria that can generate search results. Screen shots of syntax that can be modeled.

Example: “To search for subtasks in 2 of 4 specific Parent tasks that have the context of XXX” Then, here’s what the syntax should be (Screenshot). Visually show us how you built it properly in the Advanced Search screen so users can model their criteria to fit the example.

Speaking for myself (and I’m sure others would appreciate it), 4 or 5 examples would probably go LIGHTYEARS in helping many of us to take advantage of the powerful features ToodleDo has to offer.

Thanks for considering!
Michael_49

Posted Oct 31, 2015 in: Feature request
Score: 2
I second that idea for some kind of "Drag and Drop" capability...and color scheme for priority. Here's what I do to "modify" the way to execute this...

Instead of folders, I name specific "Categories" as parent tasks in a single folder. Then, I can "Drag & Drop" them back and forth (because you can drag child tasks between parents).

I also use Stylish to define my own colors for each Priority.
Mine are:
Top=Bold Red
High=Bold Blue
Medium=Bold Black
Low & Negative=dark green not bold

I basically took one of their stylesheets, figured out how to change the code for my colors and discarded the rest. In fact, I saved the code in one of my tasks and can use it any time I need to!

Here's what I did. I went to this site: https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo and chose a Toodledo style and then pasted in my code into the section. For colors, you can change the number ###### by picking a color and the corresponding number. Check this or other sites for internet colors: http://www.astrodigital.org/digital/htmlcolors.html

Lastly, here's a screen shot too.

http://ul.to/i6ylhd9f

MickeyVee
Michael_49

Yes, please move both the "Add Task" and "Save" to the left side. We read from left to right and design should assist function...not make it harder to execute.

Oooops...should have read the first post! Sorry for the redundancy. However, it's says something when two separate people say almost the same words.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2015.
Michael_49

Posted Oct 17, 2015 in: Color Coding
Hey Brian...here's a screen shot too.
http://ul.to/i6ylhd9f

I like doing it this way because I can click and drag tasks between my Parent tasks. This is something you can't do in Folders, priorities etc.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2015.
Michael_49

I would like to illustrate a response to a question. How can I either paste the screen shot or include a file attachment in my post?
Michael_49

Posted Oct 10, 2015 in: Search to display subtasks
I am trying to create a search which displays one parent task and all of its child tasks. I have my subtasks set to hidden in my folder. How do I create a search that will display ALL the tasks (without including completed or future tasks)???

I found this post (which didn't help). http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/20185/0/overide-show-all-to-show-subtasks-when-searching-parent-tasks.html

Suggestions? I just want to be able to set priority of all the child tasks to Medium using Multi edit.

Thanks!

This message was edited Oct 10, 2015.
Michael_49

Posted Sep 09, 2015 in: Color Coding
Hi feinbergc & Brian,

I too wanted to color code me tasks by priority, I needed a quick color key so I can glance over my tasks to see what needs attention. I hope toodledo is working on colors in the upcoming updates. Mine are:

Top=Bold Red
High=Bold Blue
Medium=Bold Black
Low & Negative=dark green not bold

Here's what I did. I went to this site: https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo and chose a Toodledo style and then pasted the code below into the section. For colors, you can change the number ###### by picking a color and the corresponding number. Check this or other sites for internet colors: http://www.astrodigital.org/digital/htmlcolors.html

Here's my code:

/*
the code in here only applies to:
-pages on the domain toodledo.com
*/

#tasks {
font-family: Tahoma !important;
color: #595959 !important;
}

.pri-1 {
color: #474C49 !important;
font-weight: normal !important;
}

/* This is LOW Priority
*/

.pri0 {
color: #035018 !important;
font-weight: normal !important;
}

/* This is Medium Priority BLACK
*/
.pri1 {
color: #050505 !important;
font-weight: bold !important;
}

/* This is HIGH Priority BLUE
*/
.pri2 {
color: #3333FF !important;
font:13px arial,italic;
}

/* This is Top Priority RED
*/
.pri3 {
color: #FF0303 !important;
font:13px arial,italic;
}

END OF CODE DO NOT INCLUDE
Michael_49

Posted Aug 11, 2015 in: Scheduled Maintenance Aug 10 at 9pm PST
So does that mean Santa Claus is going to arrive in the next few weeks? LOL
Michael_49

Have you tried Ultimate To-Do List? It incorporates the sub tasks in its functionality.
http://todolist.co/
Michael_49

Posted May 02, 2015 in: Progress Report - April 2015
Quote: ...Unfortunately still no new features or major improvements in the Task tab of TD on the Web.
Please think of improving the main function of TD. Thanks. Coolexplorer

+1
Michael_49

Hi acc.mcpherson,
I keep WORK and HOME totally separated. I have two folders and work in each one separately. Two move one to the other, I just change the folder field.

In each folder, I have some Main parent tasks that look like this:

>>>>>>>>>>>>TODAY<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Task 1
Task 2

>>>>>>>>>>>WEEK<<<<<<<<<
Task 3
Task 4

Then I have subtasks that fall below each main task. The reason is I can "click and drag" subtasks from one task to the other. (Dragging functionality is something I wish was more prevalent in Toodledo.)
Michael_49

I use folders, tasks /subtasks, and repeating tasks driven from Start Date in Toodledo. I'm trying to create this view for each folder in UTD. I'm successful in the main folder view but my subtask view is displaying all the future tasks too! Here is my criteria and display settings:

Task not complete
Folder = work
Start Date on or before today
Subtask Display setting: Hidden (accessible via long press)

It is still displaying any repeating task that occurs in the future. I don't want to see future tasks. I tried to rearrange the order of fields and can't get the future subtasks (driven by start date) to disappear from any of my folders.

Also, this is only happening in subtasks...not parent tasks in the folder. I'm using Hidden (accessible via long press) All my folders are displaying future tasks like this.

Any other ideas?
Michael_49

Michael_49

Posted Oct 21, 2013 in: Outline Font Larger?
When I print out my outline, it is outputted to about 8 point font. Any way (or trick) to increase the size when printed to paper? Or copy it to MS Word so it looks like an outline? I tried all of the export solutions but none work for me.
Michael_49

Posted Oct 01, 2013 in: What do you use outlines for?
I use it to plan out my weekly 1 on 1 agenda with my employees and my boss. Each employee has their own outline. Clone tool helps too.

However, would I rather have a more colorful, click and drag to do list? YES!!
Michael_49

Posted Sep 24, 2013 in: How to Rename a "cloned" Outline?
Just as the subject asks...How to rename a cloned Outline?
Michael_49

Posted Sep 23, 2013 in: Repeating Task has star?
Awesome...I remember reading a post a while back but I thought I was going crazy. Thanks, Jake!
Michael_49

Posted Sep 22, 2013 in: Repeating Task has star?
Can I have a repeating task that has the star already selected? For weekly tasks that I automatically want on my "Do Today" without having to select it.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next