Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: Can't activate Reminders Import
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2012
  • Score: 0
The Help topic is wrong.

In the Tasks section of Settings, go to "Reminders Syncing".
There's no mention of Siri because Toodledo doesn't sync with Siri. It syncs with Reminders.

Actually, Toodledo doesn't really "sync" with Reminders. It can import tasks from Reminders but it doesn't send tasks to Reminders, and it doesn't keep the imported tasks in sync with Reminders.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2012
  • Score: 1
james_t_russell,

You can try the instructions in JPR's post here:
iOS app update version 3.0
(Scroll down the page to the highlighted post.)

If you have a Mac, you can try my instructions here:
Upon update of Toodledo app
Of course, you would be restoring version 3.0 rather than 2.4.2.

Also, when you say you "really don't understand the criticism", have you read Jake's summary of the criticism here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16121/-76747/read.html

This message was edited Dec 12, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 11, 2012 in: Include sorting in saved searches
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2012
rdd, I agree. :)

Here's a link to your previous post on October 6, 2009:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/3499/-18803/save-combination-of-search-and-sort.html

And here's Jake's response to a similar request on May 23, 2012:
This is something that is on our to-do list, but the main purpose of this idea is to save 2-6 mouse clicks. While this is certainly important, it is not what we would call a critical feature, so we have been focusing more on things that cannot be done at all, like mobile access and sharing. We will get to it eventually.
From: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/14778/-71460/read.html

Jake has "been focusing more" on other things ...

This message was edited Dec 11, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 10, 2012 in: Lost an entire Task
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2012
First go to Settings and, at the far top left, click on "Recently Deleted Tasks". You'll see any tasks that you've deleted in the past week, including any subtasks.

If the missing tasks are not in this list then you haven't deleted them recently.

Next, try a Quick Search and, if that doesn't find the task, do a Search and specify whatever information you remember about the task.

Hope that helps.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 09, 2012 in: Windows 8 app
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2012
Take a look at this previous comment by Jake:
We do not have plans for this right now. Hopefully a 3rd party will make one on top of our API.
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/15347/0/windows-8-metro-app.html

This message was edited Dec 09, 2012.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 08, 2012
Hi DiD!

If you haven't emptied your Trash lately, then you can restore the old version of the Toodledo app.

Follow LockeNYC's instructions here https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16121/-77129/read.html, but you don't need to download any software.

Here are the modified instructions:

1. Delete Toodledo from your iPhone.

2. On your Mac, find "Toodledo 2.4.2.ipa" in Trash and drag it to your Desktop.

3. Open iTunes and drag the Toodledo file into the Apps folder. Click "Yes" when it asks if you want to overwrite the existing file.

4. Connect your iPhone to your Mac.

5. Click on your iPhone in iTunes and click on the Apps tab. Scroll through the app list until you get to Toodledo. Drag the Toodledo icon to where you want it in the onscreen view of your iPhone.

6. Hit "Apply" and your iPhone will backup and sync Toodledo 2.4.2 to your iPhone.

7. Disconnect when it's done and run Toodledo. You'll need to input your credentials, sync with the Toodledo server and set all your preferences, and then you're back in business!

BTW, this works with OS X Lion and Mountain Lion. Not sure if it works with Snow Leopard.

This message was edited Dec 08, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 30, 2012 in: AACK. New iPhone app awful fonts
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2012

This message was edited Nov 30, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 30, 2012 in: Possible Folder Bug with New iOS App?
  • Purveyor
Actually, you need to create a Support Ticket:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Purveyor

Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 2
Posted by Jake:
We consulted with some very good designers for this project and they made the suggestion (that we agreed with) that the most important part of a to-do list is the customer's data, and that the UI shouldn't distract from this data.
Who are these "very good designers"?
How many of your very good customers did you consult?

Also, what are the "over 100" improvements that you mention in the thread title? When you state a number, you should provide a list that confirms that number.
Saved Searches / Nested Subtasks / Full Collaboration / File Attachments
These features from our main website have been on our to-do list for the iPhone app for a long time. Too long, I admit it. We have had some difficulty with our iOS development pipeline this past year, but this update did a lot of work behind the scenes to clean things up and make future development quicker. These four features are at the top of our list and as soon as we get the bugs worked out we will release them to you.
1. Why has it been so long? Those features were requested three years ago.
2. If you've had some difficulty with your iOS development pipeline, why did you undertake a complete overhaul of the user interface?
3. You've been saying for a while that those features are near the top of the list. Given that the four features are now at the "top" of your list, does that mean that the next major update will include at least one of them?
4. How are you working out the bugs? Do you have any beta testers or are you relying solely on your inhouse team?

Meanwhile, Saved Searches, Nested Subtasks, and photo attachments are available in Pocket Informant, along with many options for customizing the appearance. Appigo's Todo has a very nice interface on the iPhone and is a great app if you don't use Start Dates, Goals and Sharing. Besides syncing with Toodledo, both apps offer Dropbox backup, along with syncing to their own task management website, but they don't yet offer the range of features available on Toodledo's website.

I've been using the Toodledo app from the day that it was introduced in 2008. I've tried many other task apps and I've kept coming back to Toodledo, mainly because of the robust syncing, and despite the user interface.

Yesterday, for the first time, I deleted the Toodledo app from my iPhone and my iPad. I doubt that I'll re-install it soon.

Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2012
Posted by matt.eggers:
Can someone please recommend a different task app that syncs with Toodledo? I need to find something else to use quick!
Todo by Appigo and Pocket Informant by WebIS are the two best iOS apps that sync with Toodledo.
http://www.appigo.com/
http://www.webis.net/

This message was edited Nov 29, 2012.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Actually, this is Jake's brilliant attempt at cashing in on the popularity of "50 Shades of Grey" ...

In version 3.1, Jake will get rid of the colors in the Settings icons and replace them with a whole new palette of greys. ;-)

Also, he says that there are over 100 improvements. 100=50 x 2, so the Toodledo app is at least twice as good as the book. Just wondering, though, about the list of all those improvements.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2012.
Purveyor

Score: 3
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 3
Posted by fj_1354212223:
I want to add that the new UI is problematic not just because it "doesn't look good," but the choice of colors makes it just plain hard to read. "Medium Grey" letters over a "slightly less medium grey" background? Or, my favorite, white lettering over a light grey background?
I agree. And no option to change any of the colors.

The update addresses one of the biggest problems with the old version: Filters and Sorting options were not obvious. Now it's much clearer. Also, it's easier to navigate between various Views, and there are a lot of nice touches (like having the short list for each view show the three most recently selected items.)

But ...
1. No Saved Searches
2. No ability to have a different Sort for each View.
3. No ability to assign Tasks.
4. No file attachments for Pro Plus members.
5. And still only three icons in the bottom toolbar when there's obviously room for five. How about one for the Hotlist and one for Recent? Or making the toolbar customizable?

It's obvious that Jake and his team have spent a lot of time redesigning the app and it must be disheartening to hear negative comments after all that hard work. It's also clear, though, that Jake is sticking to his opinion that the user requests in these forums are of minimal importance when deciding which new features to introduce. I haven't seen a single post by a user asking for grey instead of black fonts, but there are many requests for Saved Searches, Sharing, and file attachments. It's Jake's decision to proceed with whatever he thinks is right.

For now, it's my decision to use the Toodledo app for my secondary account, which I use every couple of months for my packing list. For my main Toodledo account -- the one that I use everyday -- I am using another app.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 28, 2012 in: Sync with Google Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2012
Posted by cseder:
When you create a task (no date) in Google Tasks -> Create a default task in Toodledo.

When you create a Google Task with a reminder -> Create a default Toodledo task without a date with a reminder.

When you create a Google Calendar Event -> Create a Toodledo task with the date as a due date.
Have you contacted Google and insisted that they implement this in the NEAR future?
Purveyor

Posted Nov 15, 2012 in: Repeat Reminders Just Wont Work For Me
Score: -3
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2012
  • Score: -3
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal

This message was edited Nov 15, 2012.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 14, 2012
Actually, it's not "the posts that say".
It was one post by Salgud. He was being facetious. Or, maybe sarcastic. Perhaps even sardonic.
:)
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 14, 2012
Unfortunately, no.

The only way of hiding the Context column is by disabling the Context field in Settings, but, after you do that, you can't filter by Context. Also, you won't have access to the Context field for editing, viewing, or sorting.

You can move the location of the Context column but any change that you make will affect all Views. See http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=62
Purveyor

Posted Nov 13, 2012 in: Tip: Searching Completed Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 13, 2012
Posted by JPR:
In those cases, this method frankly blows the doors off a saved search. :)
You must have some very flimsy doors ... ;)

Anyway, it's a nice tip. I prefer viewing the actual tasks.

This message was edited Nov 14, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 13, 2012 in: Tip: Searching Completed Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 13, 2012
I have a Saved Search for completed tasks. The CTRL-F feature works (although I rarely use it), and when I find the task, I can actually do something with it, e.g. copy, edit, clone, delete, or "un-complete". Viewing the completion date requires sorting by "Date Completed", which takes a few extra seconds, but it's worth it to have direct access to the tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 12, 2012 in: Repeating Task
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2012
Yes, it is possible.
When you enter a task's Due Date, you can specify "optionally on" instead of "Due by". (There are two other choices: "Due on" and "Due after".)

If a repeating task is "Optionally on" a day, and you don't check off the task on that day, it will repeat the next day as a new "non-overdue" task.

Take a look at this Help topic: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
Purveyor

Posted Nov 09, 2012 in: A TD Grocery List
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2012
On a computer, use two browsers, e.g. Chrome and Firefox. You can have a different account in each browser.

On an iPhone, use two apps (Toodledo and Todo), or use the Toodledo app for one account and use Safari (or another browser) to access the other account at the mobile website htttp://m.toodledo.com.
On the iPad, the full website is usable.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next