ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2010
  • Score: 0
Posted by andersmjorgensen:
I can't find a place to enter a support ticket...

It's well hidden!

Here is a direct link: http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
PeterW 

Posted Dec 07, 2010 in: Personal & Work Tasks
  • PeterW 
One Toodledo account should suffice. You simply need to use contexts or tags or folders or a combination of these to help separate your work and home tasks.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 07, 2010 in: TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
And after a few syncs, I received an error stating something like "Excessive API Token Requests - user blocked for an hour."
PeterW 

Posted Dec 07, 2010 in: TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: -1
Thanks for your response.

Yes, the settings I would like to know more about are:
1. Keep application task/Keep Toodledo task/Keep last updated task
2. Keep completed tasks for (in days):

I had it set to keep Toodledo tasks for 720 days and of course I have all of my history which I don't want to see. I've tried the other settings and reduced to 2 days but the history remains and won't go away.

What should I set it to?
PeterW 

Posted Dec 06, 2010 in: TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2010
I had a quick look. Here are my comments:

1. Changing themes causes the text in the left-hand navigation pane to become scrambled. If I exit the application and log back it appears correctly.

2. I need more explanation of the Toodledo sync/completed task settings as they are not clear. The way I set it up, the application is displaying all of my completed tasks which is a lot of data I don't want to see. However I am worried about changing the options without fully understanding them because I don't know if it will wipe out my live Toodledo data. Can you please let me know what each setting does?

Lastly... the UI. I like it but I've been using multi-line mode in Toodledo for quite some time so I am used to and prefer a minimalist interface. Your app's UI is similar to Toodledo's grid mode which I find to be too much information. Obviously this is just a personal preference, so is there a way to remove fields?
PeterW 

Posted Dec 04, 2010 in: Sharing Specific Folders...
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2010
There would be no automatic update so you'd need to manage this manually.

This would be the same as any other 'waiting for' task where the other person doesn't use Toodledo. It will still be up to you to follow up to ensure completion. In a work environment I consider it good management. I guess in a marriage it might not be necessary!
PeterW 

Posted Dec 01, 2010 in: iOS App Version 2.1.1 Released
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
✔ New application icon.

I like the new icon. Any plans to retrofit it to the website?
PeterW 

Posted Dec 01, 2010 in: Lost my repeat attributes
  • PeterW 
There is another sync tool for Outlook. Check out this post:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/7641/0/new-outlook-sync-tool-available.html

I haven't used it and have no idea of its reliability but perhaps it's worth a look. There is also at least one other Android app that syncs with Toodledo so you might find an alternative there.

I don't suppose you are able to stop using Outlook? I ditched it over a year ago for tasks because it was just too cumbersome. I've also ditched it for personal email and now just use GMail. I love having my data in the cloud.

I'm stuck with Outlook at work but only for mail and calendar, but thankfully the iPhone supports both of those nicely.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 01, 2010 in: More Hotlist Customizability
  • PeterW 
Correct, as the page shows: "A task with any of these criteria will appear on the hotlist."

If you need something more granular you will have to use a saved search (which is what many of us have been doing to create their own Hotlist).
PeterW 

Posted Dec 01, 2010 in: More Hotlist Customizability
  • PeterW 
Posted by Toodledo:
you can now use the "star" and "status" fields to determine what appears on your hotlist.

Yay!!! Thanks for adding this.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 30, 2010 in: GTD APP FOR THE WEB
Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2010
  • Score: 2
Posted by AJS:
Toodledo has two perceived weaknesses, UI, which can be addressed with a third party skin, and the lack of "Projects" which can be addressed by Tags or Folders. In reality most people would know what Project a task was associated with anyway.

I've been able to address the project issue in Toodledo with a relatively simple approach...

1. Use a Project folder for all projects.
2. Each project is a parent task and does not have a due date.
3. Project actions are subtasks. The star field is used to denote the next action.
4. The folders view is set to display subtasks indented so the project can be seen in its entirety.
5. All other views are set to flattened, so individual project actions are visible and those that are starred appear in my hotlist (a saved search).

This has worked really well for me - there have been no downsides. About the only thing I would like added is for the parent task name to appear alongside a subtask's name so I can see what project it belongs to. I get around this by pre-pending subtask names with an abbreviation of the parent task. As you've said, most of the time it's not needed but I do it for the sake of neatness. :)

This message was edited Nov 30, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 29, 2010 in: GTD APP FOR THE WEB
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2010
Posted by AJS:
No Android app so pointless for me at this stage.

There's no native mobile app for any platform - only a mobile browser (slim) site.

Looks great but still a long way to go before it's ready for prime time in my opinion.

And no user community which I think is a big problem.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 29, 2010 in: iPod Touch / iPhone App
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2010
Small request to Jake - can you program the forum to prevent users from naming themselves 'Toodledo'? It gets a bit confusing at times.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 28, 2010 in: Contact Management in Toodledo
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2010
None of this is possible with Toodledo.com at the moment as far as I am aware, and I suspect that being more in the realm of CRM/contact management is perhaps not high on the list of features requested.

The second one (ability to add task --> call Ann --> add person from contact list and from that see Ann's phone number) is possible on the iPhone with Appigo's Todo (which syncs with Toodledo).

Given that Toodledo.com does not directly support different task types in Todo (e.g. call a contact), the additional information is stored inside the notes field in Toodledo and looks like this:

---- Task Type: Call ----
work: (918) 555-1234
---- End Task Type ----

So you at least would get some of your contact management happening.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 28, 2010 in: Problems synching Toodledo and Outlook
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2010
A third-party developer has released a PC-based application that syncs with Toodledo - it's named TaskAngel.

http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/3967/0/taskangel-for-windows-syncs-directly-with-toodledo.html
PeterW 

Posted Nov 27, 2010 in: email reminders
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2010
But will this be a daily reminder?
PeterW 

Posted Nov 27, 2010 in: Problems synching Toodledo and Outlook
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2010
Todo is also made by another company (Appigo) and to my knowledge they don't have a PC version. They do now have an online (cloud) version, and they also have a sync utility that enables direct connection to Outlook via wireless.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 25, 2010 in: Postponed vs Hold
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2010
I'm not using the status field at all so it's not an issue for me. My guess is that you'd use 'Postponed' for a task that's been put off until a future but unknown date. Which would make it much the same as 'Someday'. 'Hold' might be used if you are waiting for something or someone, which would make it similar to 'Waiting for'.

Maybe others have a better idea about these status selections but in my mind they just seem to complicate things. If you have to think about what it means then you're wasting mental processing. But I guess you don't have to use some of the available status options if you don't want them.

Re your second question - I've approached this a few different ways. The first is to add some date-stamped notes to the task so I can record progress. The task only gets checked off when it's fully complete, not before.

The second approach is that I will occasionally break the task into multiple smaller steps, i.e. make it a small project (parent task & a number of subtasks). I kinda like being able to check stuff off so this feels better. And in some cases I probably should have set it up as a project when originally defining the task.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 24, 2010 in: email reminders
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2010
As far as I am aware you can't get a daily reminder of all tasks but you can have your Hotlist emailed to you every day at midnight. I don't think you need a subscription for this.

Turn the feature on here:
http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=1

Define what tasks are on your Hotlist here:
http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=10

Help about the Hotlist here:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=1

Help about Email Reminders here:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=16
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2010
As you've no doubt discovered, the iPhone does not have a native Task app so you have to get yourself a third-party solution.

If your wife already uses GMail and Google Calendar, the iPhone's native email and calendar apps sync nicely with these so this part of the equation is solved.

I'd recommend using Toodledo for tasks because it will give you the same kind of cloud-based solution, i.e. an online app synced with an iPhone app. This means that your wife doesn't have to use Outlook at all, will have access to her data from anywhere and it's automatically kept in sync.

Toodledo has its own iPhone app but you can also sync with a number of other third-party iPhone apps so you have some choice.

The only thing you won't get is attachments to tasks on the iPhone, but then you wouldn't have had that with the WinMo task app anyway. You can have attachments on Toodledo's web app provided you have a pro-plus subscription.

This message was edited Nov 24, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next