ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2012
  • Score: 0
"my Android app" is not very specific.
Have you contacted the company that makes the app?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 17, 2012 in: I suddenly have thousands of tasks!!
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2012
I agree. There should be some type of warning.

As for cleaning up the mess, you can Star those tasks that you don't want to delete and then add "Starred = No" to your Search before running the Multi-Edit, and then un-Star the tasks. (Or you can use other ways of identifying those tasks, e.g. Tag, Priority, or a prefix added to the name.)
A lot of work for something that could have been avoided, but it is do-able.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 17, 2012 in: I suddenly have thousands of tasks!!
  • Purveyor
Posted by Jake:
If you have your iPhone set to import Exchange into Reminders and then Reminders into Toodledo, then Toodledo will get all of the items that are in Exchange.
Just to be more precise: You don't set your iPhone to "import Exchange into Reminders". You can configure your Exchange account on your iPhone to sync your Tasks with Reminders.

kcrenshaw, it's not enough to delete the tasks that were imported from Reminders. If that's all you do, the tasks will be imported into Toodledo again if you enable "Reminders Syncing".

On your iPhone, go to Settings, "Mail, Contacts, Calendar", select your Exchange account, and turn off Reminders. You'll get a warning about deleting all "Exchange ActiveSync reminders". It seems that you are not using Reminders with your Exchange account so it should be fine to delete them from your iPhone. They will remain on your Exchange server.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 17, 2012 in: toodledo free account for collaboration
  • Purveyor
Statement #2 depends on statement #1. "You" refers to anyone who has a Pro membership.

#1 means:
a. If you are a Pro member, you can privately share your tasks with other Toodledo members.
b. If you are a Free member, you cannot privately share your tasks with other Toodledo members.

#2 means:
a. If you, as a Pro member, share your tasks with other Toodledo Pro members, then those members can edit your tasks. (If you give them permission to do so.)
b. If you, as a Pro member, share your tasks with Toodledo Free members, then those members cannot edit your tasks.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 14, 2012 in: Attachments: where are they?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2012
You cannot store attachments with the free Toodledo account, and you can't with the Pro account.
You need a Pro Plus account.
See: http://www.toodledo.com/info/files.php

As for what happened to your Word document, it is probably in your Sent Items and on your computer, unless you deleted it.
Purveyor

Score: -5
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2012
  • Score: -5
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal

This message was edited Oct 12, 2012.
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2012
  • Score: 1
By default, Tags are ordered by "popularity", i.e. the more often you use a Tag, the higher up the list it appears. When you added "4-Next Month" to a task, it became the most popular and went to the top of the list.

If you go to Settings here https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9 you can click "Sort tags alphabetically".

Your sidebar list of Tags will then be in alpha/numeric order.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2012
One task, one Context.
One task, one Folder.
One task, one Location.
One task, one Goal.
One task, multiple Tags.

So, you can use Tags, or you can create combinations of the other fields, e.g. WorkHome, along with Work and Home.

Multiple contexts per task would be better.
Nested contexts would be even better, e.g. Work includes Office1 and Office2.
Unlikely, though, that any of this will be implemented soon.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 11, 2012 in: Deleted tags
  • Purveyor
Well, that depends on what exactly you want to display ... ;)

If you haven't created a Search before, it's a bit difficult to tell you how to do it. Best to read the link that I provided in my first post.

If you already have some experience with Searches, then create a new Search and delete "Checked off = No" (by clicking on the X at the far right), and add "Tag contains" whatever Tag you're looking for.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 11, 2012 in: Deleted tags
  • Purveyor
ElynnWQ, your suggestion will probably work, but tasks that were completed more than a week ago won't show up in any of the pre-defined Views, even if you turn off all filters.

In that case, you would need to create a Search that includes completed tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 10, 2012 in: How do I create a workspace?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2012
In Toodledo, a "workspace" is part of collaboration.

You already have one workspace -- your own. The only way to create another workspace is by adding a collaborator.
Go to Tools, Collaboration.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 10, 2012 in: How do I create a workspace?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2012
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2012
Yes, you can do that, but turning off the alarms is not the same as disabling sounds for alarms.
It's like the difference between putting your phone in "Airplane mode" vs. turning off the ringer.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 06, 2012 in: Thinking of upgrading to pro version
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2012
Stats, Scheduler, Collaboration/Sharing, Goal Progress.
Also, Files if you go to Pro Plus.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 05, 2012 in: Archived Folder?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2012
Or you can go to Organize in the menu across the top and choose Folders and then click on "Show Archived Folders".
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2012
On your iPhone, go to Settings, Notifications, and select Toodledo in the list of apps.
Set Sounds Off.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 04, 2012 in: My Toodledo Quick Start Guide
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2012
Posted by R.Welsh:
FYI - I've made a few changes to the way I use status for task processing. You can see it in the updated version of my Start Up Guide which I just posted:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22284932/Toodledo%20Quick%20Start%20Guide.docx.
Richard, you've created an incredibly complicated system and, from your most recent post, it seems that you want to make it even more complicated. Are you actually working your system as documented?

You've added a lot of extra layers to Toodledo:
• Numbers added to the names of Folders and Contexts to indicate "Categories"
• Numbers added to the task name to indicate days of the week
• Status to indicate various time frames
• Using Star based on task duration and Due Date
• #, !, and ~ to identify Difficult, Next, and Pending tasks
• "Perm*" to identify "Permanent" tasks

That's a lot of additional parameters and conflated variables. Toodledo already has 19 fields. Apple's Reminders app has 6, Google Tasks has 5. I suggest that you're headed in the wrong direction. For a simpler approach, take a look at Master Your Workday Now. This is the system I use. Take a look at the Toodledo setup: https://www.toodledo.com/systems.php
Or re-read David Allen's books.

You don't mention Saved Searches. Do you use this feature? It is very powerful and allows you to create customized lists that can be selected from one place rather than bouncing around the various Views and Tabs. The main limitation, though, is that you can't specify a separate sort order for each Search.

Anyway, I suggest that you simplify your system. As it is now, there are far too many fields to edit, far too many parameters to track. Remember the trees/forest thing, and it might be a good idea to burn the underbrush. ;)

Good luck.

This message was edited Oct 04, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 03, 2012 in: Automated backups?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2012
Sorry, that sounds strange to me. Are there other websites that provide automatic backups to Dropbox or SkyDrive for each individual user's data?

Seems to be more difficult and error-prone compared to implementing a new backup service using Toodledo's servers.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 03, 2012 in: Automated backups?
  • Purveyor
Posted by ChristianDiscer:
The ability to store backup files to online storage services (e.g. dropbox, sky drive, etc.)
Not sure what you mean here.

You have this ability now, don't you? Just save the backup file to a Dropbox folder or SkyDrive folder on your computer.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Same with me.
iPhone 5, "Lock Portrait Rotation" does not work.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44      Next