ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Nov 05, 2012 in: Recently added in slim interface?
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 05, 2012
  • Score: 0
Try the Toodledo mobile website: http://m.toodledo.com

ETA: Sorry, I didn't get the "too heavy" comment about the mobile HTML5 interface.

This message was edited Nov 05, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 02, 2012 in: Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2012
Did you try right-mouse clicking to access the Print function?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Posted by Peter Scott:
I spend 98% of my time on the search page.
So you get all your work done in the remaining 2% of your time? ;) Just kidding. I know what you mean.

Saved Searches are the best way of reviewing tasks and projects. All the other Views require too much jumping around. Main problem with Saved Searches, though, is that you can't save the Sort order. The other problem is that they are not available on the iPhone/iPad app.

I stopped using the Toodledo app because I found it too awkward to switch among the views that I need. I now use Appigo's Todo, which I think is a bit better for reviewing tasks and projects. I find it much easier to select Contexts and Tags, but there are several missing features: limited sorting, can't hide future tasks or deferred tasks, and no way of identifying recently entered or recently modified tasks. (And several other Toodledo features missing.) Todo does not have Saved Searches. 2Do, another iOS app, does have custom searches but does not allow Folders and Contexts -- it's one or the other.

Anyway, I think that Toodledo will be introducing some new features soon. It's been a while since a major update and that usually means that they're working on something big. My guess is that it will be Sharing and Collaboration on the iOS app, but it could be Saved Searches. Or, the major changes will be to the website, with minimal impact to the iOS app.
We'll see.

This message was edited Nov 02, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 02, 2012 in: Possible improvements and new features
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: -1
Posted by Jarek_B:
It is much more effective to work with desktop version than with web application.
Given that Nozbe already has a desktop version (which will make you "much more effective" right now), why do you want a desktop version of Toodledo?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 31, 2012 in: Interfact
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2012
Posted by sbolton:
I am not trying to offend anyone, but if Toodledo had a better interface it would soon be the champion of the task managers.
Who do you think is the current "champion of the task managers"?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 30, 2012 in: Alerts Not Working on iOS
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2012
Posted by Brian Fischer:
I then created a sample task and set a due date and time for 10 minutes from now.
Did you set an Alarm?

If the Alarm field is not viewable then take a look at this Help topic:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=74
Purveyor

Posted Oct 30, 2012 in: how do I find/change my "secret email"
  • Purveyor
Well, as long as you are certain ...

Go to Tools, More, Email Access and it will take you to this page: https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_email.php

You can change the "secret word" that becomes part of your secret email address.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 30, 2012 in: Quick search doesn't search tags?
  • Purveyor
Quick Search does not look in Tags. I guess you'll have to use Tags lightly ...

If you go to Settings, Tasks, Display Preferences, you can click "Sort tags alphabetically".
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2012
"my Android app" is not very specific.
Have you contacted the company that makes the app?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 17, 2012 in: I suddenly have thousands of tasks!!
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2012
I agree. There should be some type of warning.

As for cleaning up the mess, you can Star those tasks that you don't want to delete and then add "Starred = No" to your Search before running the Multi-Edit, and then un-Star the tasks. (Or you can use other ways of identifying those tasks, e.g. Tag, Priority, or a prefix added to the name.)
A lot of work for something that could have been avoided, but it is do-able.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 17, 2012 in: I suddenly have thousands of tasks!!
  • Purveyor
Posted by Jake:
If you have your iPhone set to import Exchange into Reminders and then Reminders into Toodledo, then Toodledo will get all of the items that are in Exchange.
Just to be more precise: You don't set your iPhone to "import Exchange into Reminders". You can configure your Exchange account on your iPhone to sync your Tasks with Reminders.

kcrenshaw, it's not enough to delete the tasks that were imported from Reminders. If that's all you do, the tasks will be imported into Toodledo again if you enable "Reminders Syncing".

On your iPhone, go to Settings, "Mail, Contacts, Calendar", select your Exchange account, and turn off Reminders. You'll get a warning about deleting all "Exchange ActiveSync reminders". It seems that you are not using Reminders with your Exchange account so it should be fine to delete them from your iPhone. They will remain on your Exchange server.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 17, 2012 in: toodledo free account for collaboration
  • Purveyor
Statement #2 depends on statement #1. "You" refers to anyone who has a Pro membership.

#1 means:
a. If you are a Pro member, you can privately share your tasks with other Toodledo members.
b. If you are a Free member, you cannot privately share your tasks with other Toodledo members.

#2 means:
a. If you, as a Pro member, share your tasks with other Toodledo Pro members, then those members can edit your tasks. (If you give them permission to do so.)
b. If you, as a Pro member, share your tasks with Toodledo Free members, then those members cannot edit your tasks.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 14, 2012 in: Attachments: where are they?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2012
You cannot store attachments with the free Toodledo account, and you can't with the Pro account.
You need a Pro Plus account.
See: http://www.toodledo.com/info/files.php

As for what happened to your Word document, it is probably in your Sent Items and on your computer, unless you deleted it.
Purveyor

Score: -5
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2012
  • Score: -5
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal

This message was edited Oct 12, 2012.
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2012
  • Score: 1
By default, Tags are ordered by "popularity", i.e. the more often you use a Tag, the higher up the list it appears. When you added "4-Next Month" to a task, it became the most popular and went to the top of the list.

If you go to Settings here https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9 you can click "Sort tags alphabetically".

Your sidebar list of Tags will then be in alpha/numeric order.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2012
One task, one Context.
One task, one Folder.
One task, one Location.
One task, one Goal.
One task, multiple Tags.

So, you can use Tags, or you can create combinations of the other fields, e.g. WorkHome, along with Work and Home.

Multiple contexts per task would be better.
Nested contexts would be even better, e.g. Work includes Office1 and Office2.
Unlikely, though, that any of this will be implemented soon.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 11, 2012 in: Deleted tags
  • Purveyor
Well, that depends on what exactly you want to display ... ;)

If you haven't created a Search before, it's a bit difficult to tell you how to do it. Best to read the link that I provided in my first post.

If you already have some experience with Searches, then create a new Search and delete "Checked off = No" (by clicking on the X at the far right), and add "Tag contains" whatever Tag you're looking for.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 11, 2012 in: Deleted tags
  • Purveyor
ElynnWQ, your suggestion will probably work, but tasks that were completed more than a week ago won't show up in any of the pre-defined Views, even if you turn off all filters.

In that case, you would need to create a Search that includes completed tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 10, 2012 in: How do I create a workspace?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2012
In Toodledo, a "workspace" is part of collaboration.

You already have one workspace -- your own. The only way to create another workspace is by adding a collaborator.
Go to Tools, Collaboration.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 10, 2012 in: How do I create a workspace?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2012
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next