ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Nov 24, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2010
  • Score: 1
Let me know if you need some help. As mentioned I'm no expert but have been able to hack the basics. For example, color changes are simple - you could get my current gray theme and change to another color in just a few minutes.

I have also toyed with changing the default font but haven't found one that works well yet (I'm on Windows platform). I also assumed that it would need to be a font that exists on most other platforms (various Win and Mac OS versions) to work correctly. Not sure what happens if the font doesn't exist.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 23, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 23, 2010
@AJS:

You can edit these scripts fairly easily - it's what I did. I have no css skills but was able to look through existing scripts and work out enough through trial and error to get what I wanted.

This is the one I am currently using and it's pretty basic:
http://userstyles.org/styles/37231

You could use this as your template and just change colours if you wish although they're already quite subdued.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 23, 2010 in: Priorities vs Statuses
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 23, 2010
  • Score: 0
There are probably endless different ways that Toodledo users approach task management so I don't think you'll get a clear-cut answer on this.

I follow GTD principles where priorities such as high-medium-low do not apply. I don't use the status field at all but rather use folders to denote status. So for me neither field is used to work out or denote a next action.

(Small admission: I actually do have the priority field turned on but only so that I can occasionally use it as a color highlighter on a task).

There's no right nor wrong here - you have to find the workflow that suits you best. My best suggestion is to keep it simple (use as few fields as possible) and avoid having to update tasks constantly (e.g. changing status, priority and due date) as this wastes time.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2010
You could do this with tags - it's what I do.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 22, 2010 in: Suggestion: hide the redundant column
  • PeterW 
Posted by Steve:
What's particularly weird/annoying is that if you try and hide that column, you actually lose the functionality: if you hide the Context column, then you can't even filter by Context.

You might want to try 'multi-line' view. This just shows a single line for every task with two fields: the task name and the primary sort field (which for me is due date). Oh and you can see the star field too.

All other fields are hidden but accessible by the arrow button which turns on the multi-line view for that task. I found grid view too visually distracting and like the issue you raise, you then see fields you don't necessarily want to see.

Give it a try - you can also then reduce your browser window size.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 22, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • PeterW 
Posted by Steve:
What I don't get is why Toodledo don't simply integrate the many third-party CSS files as skins. Obviously, with permission of the authors. Very easy to implement, instant results, then keep working on long term usability improvements.

Yes indeed!
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2010
Haven't tried either of those, but perhaps it would be wise to ensure inbound tasks land in your inbox (no folder) rather than have them auto-filed. At least that way you have to process your inbox and thereby know what's been added.

This message was edited Nov 20, 2010.
PeterW 

Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2010
  • Score: -1
You can do this in Toodledo. Make sure you have turned on the Context and Tag fields in your account settings. Then create your contexts. For time & energy, you can use tags.

Then click on View by at the top and select context or tag and you will see tabs for each of your contexts and tags respectively.

Also checkout the Search view. This is a powerful feature that allows you to set up simple or complex filters of your data based on any field including contexts, tags, etc. Doing this will give you the single mouse-click access to your data that you seek.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 18, 2010 in: no-task folder disappears
  • PeterW 
Don,

I don't understand what you mean when you say "I go back to the To-Do List view". Exactly what are you clicking on - the 'View by' bar at the top or the sidebar menu that has "To Do List" at the top?

If it's the latter, then this will cause Toodledo to load the page you have set as the default view in your account settings. Look here: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=7.

If this is set to anything other than "Folder", then you won't see the Recipes folder because you're asking Toodledo to load a view that doesn't display folders (e.g. Main, Context, etc).

You don't need to use the 'To Do List' link on the left side of the screen unless you are in another screen where tasks are not displayed (such as Account Settings page, Help, Tools & Services, etc). If you can see tasks on the screen, then you should only be using the 'View by' bar at the top. Click on 'Folders' and you will see your Recipes folder. Click on other views to display your tasks in other ways.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 18, 2010 in: Question about using email import
  • PeterW 
I had the same issue and have tried a few things.

I didn't want to confuse recipients with additional characters so I just sent the email and then went into my sent folder and forwarded the message to my Toodledo account with whatever changes to the subject I wanted.

I've stopped doing that now and have simplified further. I now just BCC the original outbound message to my Toodledo account without any changes at all. It arrives in my Inbox at Toodledo and I process all items in there when I have time. Sometimes it's right away and other times it might be later that day. But either way it's always clear what needs to be done (i.e. what my next action is or who I am waiting for), so the pre-processing just isn't necessary in my case.

And as a GTD-follower, I like the routine of processing my various inboxes each day.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2010
A few other cloud-based task management solutions have a "quick add" field always in view, although you still need to click in it to start typing and as piyush_soni said, pressing 'N" will allow you to do the same thing anyway.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 15, 2010 in: Task Angel
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2010
Posted by Brian:
Is the only reason TD users use Task Angel is to have offline capability? If not, what justifies the $20?

Offline access would be one reason. The interface would be another.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 14, 2010 in: Political outlook of Toodledo users
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 14, 2010
It used to be that way. It hasn't affected Australia this time around for a few reasons, e.g:
- stable national banks that are regulated to prevent the kind of excess experienced in the USA
- an economy that has had about 25 years of consistent reform (e.g. tax, reduction in industry protection)
- and probably most profoundly, a booming China that is hungry for natural resources (iron ore and coal). Australia has a lot of that to dig up and sell.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 09, 2010 in: Timezone changed
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2010
I've kept an eye on it the rest of the day. The time in the menu bar has not been updated since 10:39am this morning so it looks to me that only certain events update this, e.g. a full browser page refresh, clicking on the date/time itself, etc. Other events such as adding/updating tasks and switching tabs has no effect.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Yes, the left-hand menu.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I've been keeping a close eye on it this morning and have more info if you're interested.

I'm not so sure now that it is the time in the account settings that is changing - what I've been looking at is the time at the bottom of the menu bar, which I assume should be the same thing.

After your post above I looked at the time and it was my correct local time, 10:08am. I then hid the menu bar and kept working. About half an hour later I opened the menu bar and the time said 9:23am. It should have been about 10:35am so it definitely went backwards.

While keeping an eye on the time on the menu, I clicked on Account Settings and it immediately updated to the correct time.

I've noticed that the time on the menu does not keep pace with actual (computer) time either.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 09, 2010 in: Windows Phone 7 sync
  • PeterW 
Posted by Andrew A:
What? OMG... what are they, Apple? Really, MS doesn't deserve any part of the mobile market.

Very surprising. Guess they see Android as the biggest threat.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 08, 2010 in: Timezone changed
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2010
I've just noticed that my Toodledo time has dropped back by one hour again this morning. After syncing from Todo, it went forward an hour to the correct time. Is this going to be what I have to do every day for the next 5 months?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2010
Could you maybe switch your computer to US date format temporarily then export your data? Once that's done you can put the date format back to what it was.
PeterW 

Posted Nov 07, 2010 in: Reminders not being received
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2010
I just did a test and it worked OK for me - i.e. Toodledo sent an SMS to me. I don't use the Toodledo iPhone app so I don't know if push is working.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next