ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2012
  • Score: 0
Yes, you can do that, but turning off the alarms is not the same as disabling sounds for alarms.
It's like the difference between putting your phone in "Airplane mode" vs. turning off the ringer.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 06, 2012 in: Thinking of upgrading to pro version
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2012
Stats, Scheduler, Collaboration/Sharing, Goal Progress.
Also, Files if you go to Pro Plus.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 05, 2012 in: Archived Folder?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2012
Or you can go to Organize in the menu across the top and choose Folders and then click on "Show Archived Folders".
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2012
On your iPhone, go to Settings, Notifications, and select Toodledo in the list of apps.
Set Sounds Off.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 04, 2012 in: My Toodledo Quick Start Guide
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2012
Posted by R.Welsh:
FYI - I've made a few changes to the way I use status for task processing. You can see it in the updated version of my Start Up Guide which I just posted:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22284932/Toodledo%20Quick%20Start%20Guide.docx.
Richard, you've created an incredibly complicated system and, from your most recent post, it seems that you want to make it even more complicated. Are you actually working your system as documented?

You've added a lot of extra layers to Toodledo:
• Numbers added to the names of Folders and Contexts to indicate "Categories"
• Numbers added to the task name to indicate days of the week
• Status to indicate various time frames
• Using Star based on task duration and Due Date
• #, !, and ~ to identify Difficult, Next, and Pending tasks
• "Perm*" to identify "Permanent" tasks

That's a lot of additional parameters and conflated variables. Toodledo already has 19 fields. Apple's Reminders app has 6, Google Tasks has 5. I suggest that you're headed in the wrong direction. For a simpler approach, take a look at Master Your Workday Now. This is the system I use. Take a look at the Toodledo setup: https://www.toodledo.com/systems.php
Or re-read David Allen's books.

You don't mention Saved Searches. Do you use this feature? It is very powerful and allows you to create customized lists that can be selected from one place rather than bouncing around the various Views and Tabs. The main limitation, though, is that you can't specify a separate sort order for each Search.

Anyway, I suggest that you simplify your system. As it is now, there are far too many fields to edit, far too many parameters to track. Remember the trees/forest thing, and it might be a good idea to burn the underbrush. ;)

Good luck.

This message was edited Oct 04, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 03, 2012 in: Automated backups?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2012
Sorry, that sounds strange to me. Are there other websites that provide automatic backups to Dropbox or SkyDrive for each individual user's data?

Seems to be more difficult and error-prone compared to implementing a new backup service using Toodledo's servers.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 03, 2012 in: Automated backups?
  • Purveyor
Posted by ChristianDiscer:
The ability to store backup files to online storage services (e.g. dropbox, sky drive, etc.)
Not sure what you mean here.

You have this ability now, don't you? Just save the backup file to a Dropbox folder or SkyDrive folder on your computer.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Same with me.
iPhone 5, "Lock Portrait Rotation" does not work.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 03, 2012 in: Repeat weekdays only
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 1
In the Repeat field, click on Advanced Options and type "Every weekday".
Purveyor

Posted Oct 02, 2012 in: GTD projects in Toodledo
Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2012
  • Score: 2
Posted by pjlewis:
I seem to be stuck, so thought I'd ask you guys for help, advice and inspiration! Any ideas? How are you addressing this issue?
I think the issue here is that Toodledo is a great tool but it can't do everything.

You identify Toodledo as your "core trusted system" and that's a great way of viewing it -- it is the core of a system that includes other tools. Toodledo plays the same role in my system but I also use Gmail, Evernote, Dropbox, and various other software.

One piece of software that I like is Outliner by CarbonFin. I use it to create outlines for some of my more complex projects. There are no dates, but it offers an unlimited number of levels, it is very easy to move tasks, and it provides a nice overview of the various steps. It is available for the iPhone and iPad and it can be accessed online with a free account. Unfortunately, you can't create a link to a particular outline or to an item in an outline so that you can access it directly in Toodledo.

BTW, I like your idea of writing the Project title "as if it has been already been completed." GTD is, of course, about getting things done, but one of the challenges is identifying what "done" is. I've noticed that the more clearly defined the project outcome is, the more likely it will be completed, and the more clearly defined the Next Action is, the more likely it will get started. ;)

This message was edited Oct 03, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 29, 2012 in: Auto Syncing App w/Online account
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2012
Posted by jsbutterfly:
This would be a seamless integration of the iPhone native reminders app and Pocket Informant. The only step that we can't get to happen is step 3.
Seamless? :-|

How are Steps 2 and 4 happening automatically? You still have to open Toodledo and Pocket Informant, don't you?

When do you want the Toodledo app to sync with the online account?

My opinion: There are too many steps and it's very likely that, at some point, something will go wrong with one of the steps and your wife will miss an important task.
Better to go with a simpler setup.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 26, 2012 in: Restore File Size Limit
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 26, 2012
How many tasks do you have?
I have about 1000 tasks (completed and uncompleted) and my backup file is about 700kB.

I agree, though, that the 4MB limit seems small.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 25, 2012 in: Summarizing Methods for Time Management
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2012
Purveyor

Posted Sep 25, 2012 in: All my notes are expanded?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2012
In the dark blue top menu, between the third sort and "Close dividers", there is an icon for "Show Details".
Click it and your Notes will be hidden.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 24, 2012 in: Siri & Reminders
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2012
Posted by joe:
Reason I would like it to import as Top priority is because as soon as I get to work I want to see the task so I can set it to proper priority.
You can view your Recently Entered tasks here: https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php#main_1 and then make the necessary changes.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 24, 2012 in: Siri & Reminders
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2012
  • Score: 1
Reminders can connect to Outlook Tasks through Exchange Server. (A simple choice when setting up an Exchange Server email account on iOS devices.)

Having Toodledo sync with Reminders means that Toodledo would sync with Outlook Tasks for anyone in a corporate environment that uses Exchange Server.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2012
The iPhone 4 doesn't support Siri, but there's still an option in Toodledo for "Siri & Reminders".
Purveyor

Posted Sep 22, 2012 in: Mass editing
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2012
In Toodledo, you can't select a bunch of tasks and then edit one or more fields for all the selected tasks. But, you can Search tasks that have something in common (e.g. Due Date in the past) and then edit all those tasks by using the the Multi-Edit tool.

Take a look at this: Explanation of Search and Multi-Edit.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 17, 2012 in: iPad - increase text size
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2012
You can try the iPad settings. (Not the Toodledo settings.)

Go to Settings, General, and scroll down to choose Accessibility.
Try Zoom, but read the instructions first. Double-tap with three fingers to Zoom in or out.

BTW, does your mother use Toodledo for anything besides getting reminders to take her medication? Wondering how she deals with small fonts in other apps.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2012
Does it work if you create an email, or if you create a note in an appointment, or if you create a contact, or ... anywhere else besides Toodledo?

What voice recognition software are you using?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next