Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Mar 03, 2014 in: Future Tasks
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2014
  • Score: 0
Posted by Jim (Producer):
Hi, Could you please add some more choices to when a future task becomes visible? Maybe 1-day, 3-days, 1-week, 2-weeks?

If there's a task that needs to be completed every month it's back on the list as soon as you complete it. :(

Jim, many of us have found that the real power in TD is in the Saved Searches. The provided Hotlist has limited flexibility and the problem you're advancing is easily solved with your own customized Hotlist (call it whatever you like) wherein you use very specific criteria to control what appears on it and what doesn't.

For example, my Hotlist shows only tasks with these criteria (plus a few others that are specific to my data):

Completed Task|No
and
Due Date|before|tomorrow
or
Start Date|before|tomorrow

So any task that has only a Due Date today or earlier will show. If it has a Start Date, then it will show on that date.

So your task that you repeat won't re-display until it's Due Date, or it's Start Date if it has one.
Salgud

Posted Feb 24, 2014 in: Scheduling, Status, SMS
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2014
Posted by kieran_1311071366:
Hi,

I currently use the Free version of ToodleDo but I am thinking of upgrading to Gold version. I have a few questions.

Firstly, does the system currently have any functionality to schedule tasks into diaries (e.g. Google Calendar)? I have set up Tags to be for myself and the names of my two staff, but would really like to use these tags somehow to schedule work and continually reschedule work into each person's diary in some way. So for overdue tasks, allocate these into specific days in Google calendar and be able to move these to the following week in the diary if the task is not complete when originally included in the diary.

Unless someone has built a separate add-on that I haven't heard about, no.

Secondly, is it possible to change the options for the drop-down menu under "Status". I want to make this more specific to my business cycles/processes internally.

Customizing the Status list has been on "the list" for years. Isn't going to happen.

Finally, what is the SMS feature used for and how does it work? Can it be set up to send reminders to different clients for example.

You can only enter one SMS number, so it can only be used for one person, intended to be the subscriber, but I guess it could be someone else.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2014
Posted by Osaga:

Please note that Saved Searches do not accomplish this because you can't use sort by "Importance" with Saved Searched.

Thanks

I don't think this was true at the time of your original post,and it certainly isn't true today. Maybe you should rethink your strategy?

As to "Saved Views", which would include saved searches, as well as sort and filter options, I'm for it, but it's beating a long-dead horse at this point.
Salgud

Posted Feb 21, 2014 in: Organize by Focus?
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2014
  • Score: 1
Tags, Context or Folders could be used. Context is probably the most obvious/logical, unless you're already using it for something else.
Salgud

Posted Feb 18, 2014 in: Multiple environments
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2014
Yes, don't mix them up! I did, and I still have a tag from one that I can't remove from the other!
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2014
That would be frustrating, losing tasks like that. Just a friendly hint, new tasks like that default to today, so you should be able to find them easily.

You could also find them in the "Recently Added" list.

This message was edited Feb 13, 2014.
Salgud

Posted Feb 12, 2014 in: Poodledo & Perl Module
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2014
  • Score: 2
I just avoid stepping in Poodledo.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2014
If you're using Google calendar, or another that has all-day appts, you could create those, which wouldn't prevent viewing your other events for those days.
Salgud

Posted Feb 03, 2014 in: GPS - Location based alerts
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2014
Location Services have to be on for a geofence to work, otherwise,how would your phone know when you crossed that line?
Salgud

Posted Jan 28, 2014 in: Dependent Tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2014
IQTELL has it.
Salgud

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Dependent Tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2014
TD does not do dependencies, though this is an often and long-requested feature.
Salgud

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2014
Posted by aleding:

Really - so it's profit issue??? LAFF...yeah, it's such a profitable idea that all the other tech companies do the same thing - start-ups too!!!!

Try again chief...

So you're saying everyone's doing it because it's not profitable?

This message was edited Jan 27, 2014.
Salgud

Posted Jan 24, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2014
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."
Strother Martin as "Boss", "Cool Hand Luke"

It seems to me that there is a communications issue here, between some users and Jake about what the Priorities/Importance should be in TD's development. Many of us users would like to see more depth added to the task management part of TD. This would include features like Dependencies (aka sequencing), Saved Views (sort and filter settings save with Saved Search) and so forth. A lot of bug fixes fall in with these. Many of us would like to see these things attended to first.

OTOH, Jake wants to maximize profits on TD, like any intelligent small business owner. It appears to me, though Jake may not want to say so outright, that he has decided the best way to increase profits is to expand TD horizontally rather than vertically, which means adding entirely new features, like Lists and Outlines, alongside TD's already considerably extensive task management features, and give relatively little effort to adding depth.

While I would much prefer the other route, Jake stubbornly :) continues to want to make money out of his business. I can relate to this as I have had a few businesses and I wanted to make money from them too. Having added new features, development efforts appear to be going more to giving some depth and better integration of these new features than to development of the task management side, and it will remain this way for the foreseeable future.

I'm not happy about this, as now that I've found what is one of the best task managers available, I've found it just as its maturation has ceased. It is my perception that in the few years I have before I retire and no longer need a powerful, high end task manager, I'll won't see most, if any, of the features I most desire and need. Certainly a disappointment, though not up there with never being an NFL starting quarterback, and never having dated Bridgett Bardot (google her pic, youngsters!)

Nonetheless, railing at Jake seems pointless to me. I doubt that Jake's head will be turned by my threatening to desert TD, or even taking with me the legions of friends who will immediately subscribe at the Platinum level if he will bend to my will. ;)

I fear that Jake is one stubborn so-and-so, and will keep his eye steadily on the prize, just as any smart entrepreneur would do.
Salgud

Posted Jan 17, 2014 in: Task Sequencing?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2014
I just go to my Saved Search, "Projects", and select the appropriate project (Do a Permanent Link if I'm going to edit more things), expand to see all subtasks, mark the one done and make the next one Next Action. If it's already on my Saved Search "Hotlist" (custom one, not the TD one), I don't even have to go to my Projects view.
Salgud

Posted Jan 13, 2014 in: The sorting is not saved
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2014
This is a long, long, requested feature.
Salgud

Posted Jan 09, 2014 in: Open Links in New Page
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2014
Posted by john:

I know that I can do this myself if I remember to use the right combination of command/ctrl/option/meta/cokebottle keys + mouse buttons, or some magic extension on each machine (and machine type) I use. But which one was that again on this one?

I understand that some users may like the current brain-dead behavior ;-), so it's OK if you don't want to force it on everybody. But I really, really want to change it by default. So how about making it settable?
Thanks.

It may be a while before this option gets added, so from one brain-dead user to another, it's not quite that complicated. Look down at your mouse. You'll note 2 buttons (ok, maybe 3), one to the right, one to the left (and maybe one in the center). If you're right-handed, and normally click on the left button, then point to the link and click on the right button (aka, "right clicking"), and select "open in new tab".
If you're left handed, let me know and I'll send detailed instructions.:)
Salgud

Posted Jan 08, 2014 in: Long time user, 4 current needs
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2014
Posted by krsnet:
Jake - thanks for reading and replying.

(1e) - The saved search selections are a little hokey... To get what I needed, I had to have "Start date-was in the last-100 days", "Start Date-is in the next-0 days", "Due date-was in the last 100 days", or "Due date-is in the next 0 days" to make the list work. There has to be a simpler way to define "today or earlier".

Not sure what "hokey" means in this context, but have you tried "Due Date|is before|tomorrow"?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2014
Funny, dozens of my friends have said that without saved views, they won't use it! ;)

This message was edited Jan 08, 2014.
Salgud

Posted Jan 07, 2014 in: Filtering for Repeating tasks problem
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2014
So kind of you to remind me that my memory isn't getting any better as I age! :)
Salgud

Posted Jan 07, 2014 in: Task Sequencing?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2014
Posted by tophyd:
Agreed. I'd love it if it did. I just have to keep reminding myself how many more functions Toodledo has than the paper todo list I was using 15 years ago, which also didn't do task dependencies. :-)

I guess some may choose to compare TD to paper and pencil, or even stone and chisel, but I compare it to what else is available on the market. :)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next