Purveyor

Posted Sep 15, 2012 in: My Toodledo Quick Start Guide
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2012
  • Score: 0
Richard, it looks very good!

Wondering about a few things:
1. How long have you been using your system?
2. What benefits have you noticed in using your system?
3. Have you seen this article at Quote Investigator?

This message was edited Sep 15, 2012.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2012
Take a look at this Help topic:
Sharing and Collaboration.

Subtasks are viewable only if the user has a Pro subscription. Otherwise, they just show up as tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 14, 2012 in: Automated backup ?
  • Purveyor
Take a look at this previous topic on Automated backups.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 14, 2012 in: You've Done Everything In This Tab
  • Purveyor
Hi Saso.

Take a look at this Help topic: Where are my completed tasks?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2012
Hi Brian! :)

Unfortunately, you can't manually sort subtasks in the Toodledo iPhone app.

Also, there is no way of converting multiple tasks to subtasks, on the website or in the iPhone app.

Sorry. No good news.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Hmmm ... okay.

I don't use the Quick Search very often but I've never noticed a big delay, whether I'm using my "ancient" 6-year old computer, or my much newer, more powerful computer.
Also, right now (on my older computer) I tried a search with 500 tasks visible (about 4 seconds) and then with 50 tasks visible, 2 seconds.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Posted by Glenn Huther:
I can't imagine how bad this would be on a slower machine!
Huh??

The search is not happening on your computer. It is on Toodledo's server. You are accessing a website, right? The tasks are not stored on your computer.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 13, 2012 in: Manual Sorting Emulated
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: -1
Brian, it's time for the pot to stop calling the kettle black. Your approach is full of smug condescension.

What is your intention in your three posts? If it is to demonstrate your naive approach to solving problems, then you have succeeded. Of course, you haven't actually solved any problems -- you are just saying that the problems are easy to solve.

If your intention is to criticize and patronize anyone who doesn't understand your insights, you win again.

If you want to demonstrate your ability to be vague and inconsistent, then pat yourself on the back.

If, though, your intention is to be helpful, then you have failed miserably.

Please examine your approach. You haven't received any positive feedback about your posts. Of course, you'll think that there can't possibly be anything wrong with your approach. Think again.

Edited: Toned down the sarcasm, a bit ...

This message was edited Sep 13, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 10, 2012 in: Manual Sorting Emulated
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2012
Brian, are you a programmer, a website developer, or a database expert?

If yes, then please provide a way to do this: "Optional Manual saves that sort order into a separate folder/context/whatever allowing manual sort, disabling any further sorting categories."

Specifically, what you do you mean by "whatever"?

This message was edited Sep 11, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 07, 2012 in: Hi Jake!
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2012
  • Score: 1
I see that Jake, the Toodledo owner/administrator, is now posting with his name instead of as "Toodledo". Nice! :-)

All of the previous posts reflect the change but the list of topics still shows "Toodledo" as the author. This is also the case if you search for posts by "Jake".

And, of course, all previous quotes of what Jake posted still show "Posted by Toodledo" but this is something that is completely impractical to fix, nor is it necessary to do so, as long as everyone realizes that "Jake" and "Toodledo" are the same person.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 04, 2012 in: Scale of the Universe
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 04, 2012
Thanks for the link ...
Here's something that is very similar: Scale of the Universe.
Purveyor

Posted Aug 30, 2012 in: How would I form this search?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2012
At the top of the Search, choose "Match Any of the following criteria".
You'll then be able to create a Search that has two sets of "AND" statements with an "OR" in between.
Purveyor

Posted Aug 30, 2012 in: sort tasks in folder
  • Purveyor
Ciao Roberto!

Take a look at Account Settings, Subtasks:
https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=19

Select "Sort nested subtasks automatically by the same criteria as the main list."
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 1
Posted by Dave:
Great new feature! Gmail users will love this since each email has its own URL and the bookmarklet works perfect for adding the email link to the task. Thanks
Yes, except for one thing: When I click on the URL link in Notes, it takes me away from Toodledo.

When I am working in my task list, I don't want my task list to disappear when I click on a link. I want Toodledo to be open all the time, and I want the link to open in a new tab. Yes, I can right-mouse click and choose "Open in a new tab", or I can Ctrl-click or cmd-click, but why?

Take a look at how it works in Gmail and in Yahoo Mail and in RTM and in the Outlook Web App. In all of those apps, clicking on a link opens it in another tab. Toodledo should be consistent with those apps, unless it's a good thing to be different for the sake of being different ...
Purveyor

Posted Aug 30, 2012 in: Change past due activities to today?
  • Purveyor
Use the Search and Multi-Edit feature.

Create a Search with "Date Due is before Today" and then use Multi-Edit to change the Due Date to today.

Also, if you often have many tasks that are "overdue", you might want to re-evaluate your use of "Date Due". Does the task actually have to be completed on that day? If not, then do you really need to specify a Date Due? Anyway, something to consider.
Purveyor

Posted Aug 28, 2012 in: Sub-SubTasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2012
Here's a previous response:
Multiple levels of subtasks is something that is on our to-do list, but it is unlikely that we will do this soon. We are still trying to work out usability issues with 1 level of subtask, and we have not figured out a way to do multiple levels of subtasks without adding tremendous complexity to the website. We don't want to add this feature unless we can do it right, and we don't know how to do it right yet.

We may get a flash of insight, but right now it is likely that this will sit on our to-do list while we do other things that we know how to do. I am sorry to those of you who are disappointed by this news.
From Add subtask to subtask.
Purveyor

Posted Aug 24, 2012 in: sync to outlook or outlook exchange
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2012
Check out Tools, 3rd Party Tools, Desktop.
http://www.toodledo.com/tools/directory.php
Purveyor

Posted Aug 23, 2012 in: Upgrade Purchases
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2012
How did you upgrade your Toodledo account on your iPhone?
I don't see any way of doing this in the Toodledo app.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Actually, not sure why there are two tasks instead of the one exercise that was completed that day.

If the intent is to track "Exercise" overall, then use a field like Folder or Goal.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
It would not be "very difficult to create" another email address. But, how do you suggest having "the ability to set default context, status, etc, etc per address"?

Right now, anyone who has your secret email address can send a task to your Toodledo account. Any of those senders can specify any of the fields using the Toodledo syntax explained here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

What is missing?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next