ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Aug 08, 2012 in: Task Keeps Repeating
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2012
  • Score: 0
If you are using the official Toodledo iPhone app, then you probably have Synchronization set to "Sync on Edit". If you turn this to "OFF", you won't see the new task after you complete the original task.

Also, are you sure the new task has the same day, month and year?
Purveyor

Posted Aug 08, 2012 in: URL To Improvements
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2012
Purveyor

Posted Aug 03, 2012 in: changing from subtask to regular task
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2012
  • Score: 1
Take a look at the Help topic Explanation of Subtasks and go to "Creating and Moving Subtasks". You'll find this:
To remove a subtask from its parent task, just drag it out and drop it off to the top, bottom or side.
Purveyor

Posted Aug 02, 2012 in: Hide based on time
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2012
So, if we request it several times, then you'll get around to it? :-)

Given that you already allow filtering out future Start Dates, doesn't it make it sense to add the ability to filter out future Start Times?

Or, maybe you need a Round Tuit.
;-)
Purveyor

Posted Aug 02, 2012 in: Hide based on time
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2012
This is a strange one, though.

Databases have fields that store date and time, e.g. DATE, DATETIME, and TIMESTAMP in MySQL.
There are several Date and Time functions that can be used to filter by date and time.
Toodledo already has a setting for Time Zone.

Given that tasks can be filtered by Start Date, it seems that it would be easy to filter by Start Time. Unless the database structure is highly unusual.

Also, it makes sense to filter out tasks that have a Start Date/Time in the future. There are tasks that I can't start until the late afternoon or evening and I don't need to see them on my list throughout the day.

This message was edited Aug 02, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Aug 01, 2012 in: View Completed Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2012
Well, you're not the only one who can't find completed tasks.

Take a look at this:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/14822/-71506/cant-find-completed-tasks.html

And here's the answer: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=126

This message was edited Aug 01, 2012.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2012
Purveyor

Posted Jul 28, 2012 in: Subtask Display
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2012
Purveyor

Posted Jul 27, 2012 in: Add subfolders, please!
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2012
  • Score: -1
Yes, it is possible, but ... not likely.

From July 6, 2008:
I too spent some time looking for a subfolders feature... would it really be so bad to have subfolders? "Subtasks" dont really do what subfolders would do, it seems to me. Subfolders are a 'heading' to help the user organize the relationships between different realms in their lives (into which particular tasks & subtasks would go). Also that way we could see the subfolders in folder view.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 26, 2012 in: Mac OS App/ Notification Center
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2012
Good response, Jake! :)

Better than "We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation." :-(

And it is okay to occasionally split infinitives ...
Purveyor

Posted Jul 26, 2012 in: Question on repeating tasks
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 1
A task with a Due Date of 15 June 2012 will show up as "Due in the past" (given that today is July 26, 2012) if the current view is sorted by Due Date. When you complete the task, it stays in your list until you refresh the screen, or go to another View and come back. There is no option to have a task disappear from your list as soon as you complete it.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2012.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
The official Toodledo iPad app does not allow you to change the parent task.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 24, 2012 in: Produce Read-only link
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2012
Tools, More, Publishing:
https://www.toodledo.com/tools/publish.php

All non-private folders, not a specific folder.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 24, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2012
Post deleted by user.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 23, 2012 in: limitations of GTD
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 23, 2012
  • Score: -1
Posted by petec_:
This thread has me coming to the conclusion that the only limitations of GTD are those imposed by the user and his/her pre-conceptions.
I agree. ;)

There's something else: In discussions about GTD, there's rarely any indication of how effective a person is at getting things done. To me, this is a bit like discussing how to play golf, but nobody knows each other's handicap. Or, discussing how to train for a marathon, but nobody knows whether the participants have ever completed a marathon, and if they have, nobody knows each other's time.

GTD is a skill, and like all skills, it takes conscientious practice to become proficient at it. My practice has been sporadic so my proficiency is average. My GTD "handicap" is about 25, my "marathon time" is about 4 hours.

David Allen has been effective in designing and implementing systems that many people use. It's easy to criticize what he has done but it's hard to deny that he has accomplished a lot. We are all effective in our own ways but, just as in golf and in running marathons, some people are better than others. When I want to learn to be more effective, I pay attention to those people who have demonstrated above-average results. Allen is one those people. Most other people serve as examples of what not to do ...

One more thing: Discussions about GTD are a bit like the blind men and an elephant. There are many different perspectives. The subtitle of Getting Things Done is "The Art of Stress-Free Productivity". I suggest that's the "elephant".

This message was edited Jul 23, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 22, 2012 in: Context problem
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 22, 2012
Which app are you using on your iPhone? It seems that you are not using the official Toodledo app: http://www.toodledo.com/info/iphone.php

Have you contacted the developer of the app?
Purveyor

Posted Jul 21, 2012 in: Seeing completed tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2012
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2012
There was a request in March 2009:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1558/-6951/sort-function-in-search.html

Here's what Jake said recently:
This is something that is on our to-do list, but the main purpose of this idea is to save 2-6 mouse clicks. While this is certainly important, it is not what we would call a critical feature, so we have been focusing more on things that cannot be done at all, like mobile access and sharing. We will get to it eventually.
From: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/14778/-71460/read.html

This message was edited Jul 18, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 18, 2012 in: limitations of GTD
Score: -2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2012
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal

This message was edited Jul 18, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 17, 2012 in: To create result areas.
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2012
Toodledo has several choices for "drawers": Folders, Contexts, Goals, and Tags.
You can take a look at the fields that are available here: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=8
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next