Thanks Jake. Nice changes.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 12, 2010 in: Jott interoperability
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2010
  • Score: 0
Posted by zhava:
This is just my annual "Toodledo, I love ya but can't you please make Jott work better with you???" It's been a year and -- nothing. Does anyone read this forum?

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7757/0/taking-user-feedback-to-decide-the-next-feature-set.html
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2010
  • Score: 1
I was just searching the forums and stumbled over this thread from about a year ago:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/3436/0/feature-request-post.html

...which probably answers a few of the posts above and puts things in perspective in terms of what we can expect (or not expect).

Note that users Proximo and Vin Thomas have both left Toodledo (they're now using NirvanaHQ.com) and I haven't seen Claudio post anything in quite a while.

I still like Toodledo. But I really wish that some of the enhancements that get asked for over and over again would be addressed. But when reading forum posts like the thread linked above, I kinda feel like they never will. :(

This message was edited Oct 11, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 10, 2010 in: Server maintenance
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2010
Posted by Technocrap:
hmmm look how nice this is ... https://www.dropbox.com/votebox

These cartoon-style videos are quite effective. The one done by Smartytask is pretty cool too.

This message was edited Oct 10, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 10, 2010 in: Server maintenance
  • PeterW 
Posted by Toodledo:
Just wanted to let people know that we finished the maintenance, which involved updating software on all of our servers and rebooting them in sequence. We were able to do this with less than 5 minutes of cumulative downtime. The new software included some security patches as well as some enhancements to our monitoring software which should make Toodledo slightly more resilient to unforeseen issues in the future.

Thanks - I really appreciate the reliability of Toodledo.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 10, 2010 in: Can hotlist include stared items?
Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 2
PeterW 

Posted Oct 09, 2010 in: Problems importing and exporting
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2010
How about TaskAngel - a windows app that syncs with Toodledo?

http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/
PeterW 

Posted Oct 09, 2010 in: Decoupling the features and the columns
  • PeterW 
My suggestion is that you switch to multiline view - a lot less clutter and you can have as many fields activated as you wish.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Hi Kenny,

Writing this from the iPhone (am away for a long weekend) so apologies for the brevity of my reply.

It's not possible to keep sort order of subtasks synced between Todo and Toodledo as has been mentioned. I simply do this manually in each app and it hasn't been too much of a hardship. I'd suggest you post this as an enhancement request in Appigo's forum and I will do the same - much more likely they will consider this and do it than it ever happening here!

This message was edited Oct 09, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 06, 2010 in: Simple search fails
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2010
...and read this for an explanation: http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
PeterW 

Posted Oct 06, 2010 in: Simple search fails
  • PeterW 
This does work for me, so my guess is that you have the setting "Subtasks: Flattened-Hidden-Indented" set to either Hidden or Indented. Set them to Flattened and your filter will product results.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 06, 2010 in: Subtask Backup in CSV format
  • PeterW 
You can open XML files with Excel (2007 and 2010). As Toodledo does not provide a schema, Excel has to build one but it works well enough that you can edit the file if you need to.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 05, 2010 in: Locations: How do You use Them?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2010
@sweetbriarpatch - it sounds like you are using Locations the same as I would use Context (which in GTD-land denotes resource and/or location).

@Andrew A - I just don't have that many errand-type tasks that I need to be prompted about on a regular basis. I do a weekly review (and often a daily scan) so I already know what I need to do and plan accordingly.

While the idea of location-based awareness on the iPhone sounds cool, I'm starting to think that it's just a clever use of technology designed to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Just my $0.02.

This message was edited Oct 05, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 05, 2010 in: How do you handle subtasks?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2010
Hi,

There are probably many ways you could handle this, but here is a link to a recent post I made about how I handle subtasks. Note that this relates primarily to the website but a similar naming scheme would work OK on your iPhone/iPad.

Basically, put an abbreviation of your parent task name at the start of all subtasks.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/search.php?search=subtask+abbreviated+Brenda&fid=0&tid=0

This message was edited Oct 05, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 04, 2010 in: colorization
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2010
If you use FireFox or Chrome, you can install a Stylish theme that will do exactly that.

http://userstyles.org/styles/37231 - highlights text based on priority
http://userstyles.org/styles/25595 - changes text colour based on priority

They are just a few of mine - there are heaps others here:
http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo.com
...and you can either write your own or simply amend one of the existing scripts to make it what you want.

This message was edited Oct 04, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2010
I'd never noticed this before but fully agree - they way it currently works is not very useful.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2010
Posted by Andrew A:
I see no need for it (-1), and don't think it is particularly GTD since it adds complexity without a corresponding uptick in task simplicity...

Another GTD cloud-based system I tried provided sub-contexts which was kind of cool. The way they implemented this was such that it didn't complicate the system for those who didn't want to use them (e.g. me). If this could be achieved here then I'd have no problem with it being added.

However if the implementation was similar to the Tag field/cloud then I'd be dead against the change.

But you know this discussion is somewhat pointless - it's not like Toodledo would be giving much weight to requests such as this.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 30, 2010 in: Status: How do you use it?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2010
I don't use the status field any more - I tried but found it a chore to update. It's now turned off and I use folders to provide status.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 29, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2010
  • Score: -1
Hi Brenda,

Here is how I do it. This is my Project folder:

In this folder, I set subtasks to either 'Hidden' or 'Indented' so that they are viewed as you see them above (i.e. attached to their parent).

However in all other folders, I set subtasks to 'Flattened' so that they are displayed according to whatever filter or search is set. This ensures that they appear on their own and it's in this situation that having the '-' symbol and the abbreviated parent name helps me understand immediately what I am looking at without having to dig deeper.

Here is my Focus list (i.e. my version of a Hotlist). You can see that there is a subtask displayed:

Hope that helps. I hope one day that Toodledo will display the parent task name (or part of it) in small or reverse font alongside the subtask name so that this workaround isn't required. This is how I've seen it handled in other systems.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 29, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2010
  • Score: -1
Posted by Brenda:
Maybe this has been covered but what is the purpose of using the + symbol b4 projects in the setup?

The idea is to indicate a parent task with a + and a subtask with a - symbol. I also prepend sub-tasks with a brief summary of the parent task name to give 'context' to the subtask because Toodledo doesn't give any clear indication what the subtask belongs to.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next