ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2010
  • Score: 0
Posted by mco:
It does not, alas, seem better than the Toodledo web interface.

Good grief - that bad?
PeterW 

Posted Sep 28, 2010 in: Mouse pointer different on date field?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the extra info. We now know where the problem is.

Thanks - looks to be fixed now.
PeterW 

Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 2
And don't forget:

Posted by Toodledo:
One thing to keep in mind is that only about 3% of our users have ever set foot in the forums, and an even smaller fraction have posted a comment. So, what you read in the forums shouldn't really be used as a general barometer for the desires of the entire user base.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 28, 2010 in: Appigo has announced Todo v4
  • PeterW 
I was on the beta team and trialled Todo Online as part of the program.

Syncing is very reliable - no problems at all and the new version is very smooth indeed on the iPhone.

As you've noted, the Todo Online web interface is still in alpha but shows a lot of promise. I'm a big fan of Appigo Todo - in my opinion they provide a nice balance between power, ease of use and the iPhone "fun factor". I've no doubt that the web interface will succeed.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 27, 2010 in: Behaviour of subtask icon
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2010
With subtasks set to 'flattened', clicking on a subtask's icon causes the parent task to be displayed above the subtask. This is helpful given that subtasks do not show any relationship to their parent (which is a feature request I've made in another thread).

With the subtask now indented under its parent you no longer see the subtask's icon, so if you click on the parent task's icon expecting it to be hidden again, it isn't - instead, the subtask gets hidden leaving the parent displayed in the list - where it shouldn't really be displayed.

I think it would be better if clicking on the parent task in this situation caused the parent to be hidden again and the subtask to remain visible (i.e. returning the list to its previous state).

The workaround is to click the current tab to force the entire list to be reloaded, but that's not very intuitive.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 26, 2010
I've posted a reply in your other thread and think it is worth linking it here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/4363/-39949/read.html
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I'd suggest you read the following recent thread in the News forum:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/7343/0/locations-reverse-sort-and-more.html

...and particularly one of the posts from Toodledo:
Posted by Toodledo:
One thing to keep in mind is that only about 3% of our users have ever set foot in the forums, and an even smaller fraction have posted a comment. So, what you read in the forums shouldn't really be used as a general barometer for the desires of the entire user base.

It's a very instructive thread in terms of feature requests and expectations.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 26, 2010 in: Setting reminders on tasks
  • PeterW 
You also need to set the due time. If you can't see this field, you will need to enable it in your account settings.
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
Agreed - and it would be better if you could set this view to be sorted by date added so that field is visible without affecting all other tabs on the Main view.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2010
Posted by davidlmontgomery:
Something else that would improve the "add subtasks" layer for me: if it did not appear immediately over where the current subtask list is (when that list is shown with the "Indented" display option.

When I am adding subtasks, especially adding multiple subtasks, I want to be able to view the current subtask list. It reminds me of things I want to enter, and seeing it I'm less likely to enter something that is already there.

Yes, I agree. On the Stylish theme I was using, this broke things for me - the popup appeared at the bottom of the screen and there was a large blank space at the top where the add task window normally opens.

I'd like an option to put the add subtask window at the top where the add task window normally displays.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 24, 2010 in: Mouse pointer different on date field?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2010
Here you go:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pjmm1960/ScreenCap-cursor.png

I rebooted my PC to see if this helped but it didn't.

But I just tried something else and seem to have found the culprit: I have turned on the new scroll feature. When it's on, I don't the get the pointer and when it's off I do.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 24, 2010 in: Mouse pointer different on date field?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2010
When I hover my mouse pointer over the due date field, it changes to what I'd call a "text insert" cursor, i.e. a vertical line. I feel sure that it used to change to a hand pointer as it does on the other fields in Toodledo.

I've tried FireFox 3.6.10 (with & without Stylish running), IE8 and Chrome 6.0.472.63 - it's the same in all of them. Or has it always been this way and I've only just noticed???
PeterW 

Posted Sep 23, 2010 in: Locations: How do You use Them?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2010
I am in the same boat as you - it seems like a duplication of the context feature, at least in terms of the way I use Toodledo. I turned it on but don't bother with it.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2010
Is there any way I can control the position of the "add subtask" window with my Stylish script?

On my current script it pops up at the bottom of the screen with most of the window hidden.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2010
FireFox 3.6.8 at work running on WinXP SP3. I tried a number of times, refreshed the page etc but it wasn't there.

I've just tried it at home, FireFox 3.6.8 on Win7 and the red line is there.

I'll dump the cache when I get to work tomorrow and see if that fixes it.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 01, 2010 in: Improvements to Locations and Sorting
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2010
  • Score: 1
Fair enough, and apologies for the wisecrack. ;-)
PeterW 

Posted Aug 31, 2010 in: Improvements to Locations and Sorting
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Well I guess that will be helpful when I get my helicopter.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for reporting this bug. It should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's kind of fixed. While I can manually sort, the red line that indicated where you want to drop the task is not displayed any more so it's now easy to inadvertently drop a sub-task outside the zone and turn it into a standalone task.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 31, 2010 in: Improvements to Locations and Sorting
  • PeterW 
I think there is a problem with the distance calculation of the locations feature.

I've set home and work locations. The closest possible route between the two points according to Google Maps is 30.8km. Toodledo is reporting a distance of 25.7km.

How can this be?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Yep, it's broken for me.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next