ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2013
  • Score: 1
It seems that since the big webapp redesign, TD webapp development has been more horizontal than vertical. Features like bookmarklet and outlines and social network connections as opposed to Saved Views (capability to save not just search criteria, but sort order and filter settings) and dependencies have been implemented.

I admit to being somewhat frustrated with the general direction of your development, Jake, over the past 2 years.

I would like to know what the plan is for the near future. Is there going to be more new, largely unrequested features, or is there going to be more "working on the list" kind of stuff (the stuff your users have been requesting for years in many cases)? I'm not asking for a detailed list, only some indication of the general direction in the next 6 months to a year. Should I hold out hope for some of these basic features, or are you going to continue to add more unconnected "stuff"? Or maybe work on getting outlines more in concert with tasks?
Salgud

Posted Jun 06, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
Score: 12
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2013
  • Score: 12
Well, I for one am very disappointed. Once again entirely new functionality has been added rather than improving on what has been here for a while that needs enhancements. It's obvious from the comments so far that many are pleased. But I would have much preferred you had added dependencies or saved views (with filter and sort setting preserved) or search and replace. Instead, we get outlines. I might use this feature somewhere down the line, but not nearly as much as I would use the ones I've mentioned and a dozen others that we've been clamoring for for YEARS! Outlining is available other places, and since, as yet, your outlines don't even link to tasks or notes, why would we need it here?

I really, really wish you'd get back to improving the functionality of what is already one of the best task management systems available. As good as it is, it definitely needs improvement, not bells and whistles that add little to it's basic function as a task manager. It's beginning to feel to me like you've lost your way, Jake. I sincerely hope not.
Salgud

Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 10, 2013
  • Score: 0
Thanks, Jake
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: May 09, 2013
A couple of days ago, I started noticing some of the words I have in my task and notes lists were highlighted in blue and underlined, and have been made into links to advertising somehow. Anybody else experiencing this? What is this about?
Salgud

Posted May 08, 2013 in: TD been wonky since yesterday
  • Salgud
  • Posted: May 08, 2013
I've been having problems with TD since yesterday. When I click on Organize, or Tools, or Help, the submenu doesn't show, and the view changes to the Main view in the last subview I was looking at there. I even had to open another tab to get here to post this, because the Help menu is unavailable. This started yesterday and has been off and on since.
Salgud

Posted Apr 22, 2013 in: Standard GTD + Searches == Heaven
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2013
  • Score: 1
Posted by christopher.millward:

How do you deal with situations where you look at your list and decide that you'd rather have a beer and lounge in the back yard than tackle any of it? It seems like prescribed amounts of time for each goal each week would introduce a little residual guilt for willingly deciding *not* to do anything?

I don't know about how Chris handles this, but I believe that leisure time is as much a priority as anything on your list. Without it, everything else just falls apart, and pretty quickly. Of course, you could schedule in some downtime, but I would suggest that if your life is so tightly scheduled that you have to schedule some down time, you should rethink you're whole approach. For me at least, life is too short to be confined to a task list, no matter how sophisticated.
Salgud

Posted Apr 22, 2013 in: How can i made this with td?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2013
TD does not have the ability to click and drag tasks on the calendar. Since tasks are only dots, which one would you click?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 16, 2013
You may have to go into Settings, Fields Used and turn on these features. They are included in the free version.
Salgud

Posted Apr 15, 2013 in: Help to find some features.
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2013
Posted by mooskagh:
Last year I bought a year subscription of both pro version of toodledo and nirvanahq. I end up choosing only nirvana for the year, but now as subscriptions are expiring I would like to take another try with toodledo to decide what of them to extend.

Toodledo is a pretty complicated one, so there are some features which I was unable to find:

1. Sequential tasks.
If task contains several subtasks, I'd like it to be possible that only the first uncompleted task of the list is listed in views like "hotlist".
And I don't want to manually mark the first subtask of the task with star or something.

TD does not currently have this feature. It is on "the list". I do what you say you don't want to have to do, select the next subtask in the list manually.

2. Task (with subtasks) template. The FAQ says I can use priority -1 for such tasks. But subtasks still have higher priorities and are shown in views.
If I make all subtasks priority -1, then when I clone the template, I need to set all of them different priority manually (and I have a template with 67 subtasks, so it's quite time consuming).

I think what the FAQ means is that template tasks (usually projects) can have a -1 priority to prevent them from showing up in views of active tasks. You can change that when you create the actual project from the template as described below.

3. I try to use folders for nirvana's "Next", "Later", "Someday" categories (is that a valid usage?). The problem is again with tasks containing subtasks... If I move the task from "Later" to "Next", for example, subtasks are still in "Later".

The best way I know to handle sub tasks is described somewhere in the FAQ, but I don't remember where, so I'll briefly describe it here.

Repeat projects are kept as templates, which I keep in a Templates folder. They all have -1 priority. When I wish to create a new project from one of these, I click on the parent's arrow icon and select "Clone this task". The clone will appear immediately below the original (template) in the task list. I go to that new parent task and click on the arrow icon, this time selecting "Permanent Link". This isolates the new project and includes all subtasks from the template. I then modify the name of the parent task to differentiate it from the template. Finally, I do a Multi-edit of all of the task, and change whatever fields I want to change collectively, including Priority, setting it to the appropriate priority for that project. I can also move the project to another folder at this point if I wish. This way, I don't have to edit the priority individually.

Hope this helps.
Salgud

Posted Apr 15, 2013 in: Repeating tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2013
Posted by ftinker:
Is there a way for tasks to repeat/roll forward daily until completed

See if this helps:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
Salgud

Posted Apr 12, 2013 in: Cannot Delet Tag
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 12, 2013
It is not unusual for a tag to "hang around" in TD for a while after it is no longer assigned to a task. Check again in a day or two, it should be gone.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2013
I don't believe anyone here can help you, unless you get lucky and find someone else who uses 2Day. You might have better luck if posting to their forum, if they have one.
Salgud

Posted Apr 09, 2013 in: Standard GTD + Searches == Heaven
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2013
Nuts, I've been fighting with that comment form forever... Guh...

D'you mind if I copy+paste that comment into the blog, those are some kind words :)

Thanks!

Not at all. Go right ahead.
Salgud

Posted Apr 08, 2013 in: Iphone Sync problems
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2013
Thanks, Jake, I know how these intermittent problems can be.
Salgud

Posted Apr 08, 2013 in: Iphone Sync problems
  • Salgud
I can't get my Notes to sync with my iPhone. I edited a note early this morning, a couple of hours ago, and I've synced 6 or 7 times since, but the old version of the Note is still on the iPhone. It appears that my tasks are synced, since I have the same number on both. The total number of Notes also is the same on both.

As a test, I added a new Note, which updated immediately! So why can't it update the old note? I changed the new test note on my computer, and re-synced, and it updated right away. So what is happening with that one note?

Edit: I decided to try deleting the note that refused to update, after copying it's content. Then I recreated that note, pasted in the contents from the old one, and re-synced. It updated immediately.

Finally, I changed the name of the new note, just like I had done with the old stubborn one, and it updated as soon as I re-synced. Very odd.

This message was edited Apr 08, 2013.
Salgud

Posted Apr 08, 2013 in: Standard GTD + Searches == Heaven
  • Salgud
Hello!

I wanted to share how I GTD above and beyond the usual set of contexts and priorities by using searches and tags, so I wrote a way-too-long blog about it.

I'd love to hear feedback from other people in the community to see what could be made better / faster (/ stronger ?)

http://www.millwardesque.com/blogs/christopher-millward/getting-things-done-toodledo

Christopher Millward

Chris,

I tried to post the following at your blog, but couldn't convince it I was human! :) Not to worry, some of the people who've known me for years still aren't convinced I'm human.

"I've been using TD as my task manager for about two and a half years now, and would find it hard to change over. While I am not a GTDer, the above is an excellent tutorial for anyone wanting to set up a GTD system in TD. While there are lot's of ways to do this, many of which are in TD's "GTD" forum, this is a very good starting point, very well explained. Even for those who are not GTDers, this explanation would be helpful in understanding one user's application of TD from which another could learn enough to build their own.

Thanks for taking the time, Chris! "

This message was edited Apr 08, 2013.
Salgud

Posted Apr 02, 2013 in: Toodledo Toosdays: Bookmarklet
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 02, 2013
Very useful feature, I use it often. One thing - If I click in the link to gmail, it replaces TD in the browser. I've gotten into the habit of right-clicking on the link to the email, and opening it in a new tab.

This message was edited Apr 02, 2013.
Salgud

Posted Apr 02, 2013 in: 2 requests for saved searches
  • Salgud
Posted by dsolomon000:
Two requests for saved searches: be able to change the order of the saved searches (seems fixed at alphabetical).

You can change the order in which they appear a couple of ways. The simplest is just to put a number in front of the name of the search. Of course, as you add/delete Saved Searches, you have to renumber others. Of course, you can use spaced out numbers to add flexibility. E.g. you can use 2,4,6,8 so you can add at least one Saved Search and put it between two others. Of course, if you need to put another between them...

Or you can use a combination of letters and symbols to place them. I use ! in front of ones I want at the top of the list, and z in front of Searches I want at the end of the list, the ones I use less frequently. Admittedly, a bit of a kludge, but it works.
Salgud

Posted Apr 02, 2013 in: Delete Off Topics forum
  • Salgud
Seems that the Off Topics forum has been taken over by spammers, and there is no remedy. Have you considered just deleting it since it now serves no useful purpose?
Salgud

Posted Apr 02, 2013 in: 2 requests for saved searches
  • Salgud
Posted by dsolomon000:
Two requests for saved searches: be able to change the order of the saved searches (seems fixed at alphabetical).

Sort works the same on Saved Searches as with any other view.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next