Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Aug 30, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2010
  • Score: 2
Posted by Toodledo:
One thing to keep in mind is that only about 3% of our users have ever set foot in the forums, and an even smaller fraction have posted a comment. So, what you read in the forums shouldn't really be used as a general barometer for the desires of the entire user base.

Posted by Salgud:
I don't know a lot about such things, but if I were a developer and I had user forums for my product, I'd certainly take their forum user's recommendations with a grain of salt. Maybe a salt-lick! :)

I have to say that I find these comments a bit depressing.

My opinion is that forums often attract power users - those who use the system heavily, test out almost all of the features, who are savvy with what's available in the marketplace - and whose comments therefore would be quite valuable for a developer.

What you're saying is that these comments and requests are completely unrepresentative and not worthy of any consideration.

Please don't take this as an attack. I'm a big fan of Toodledo. But I'm not going to waste any more time posting requests that count for nothing.

So I will join the silent majority. Can someone just let me know how this large group makes feature requests?
PeterW 

Posted Aug 30, 2010 in: Toodledo alternate web interface
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 0
Chris,

I tried it out. Here are my brief comments:

1. Once I'd used the popup to enter a date, I was unable to manually remove a date and go back to blank.

2. In terms of the interface, I didn't find having all the fields one under the other down the page easy to use, and am not a fan of needing to input a code into a field to display tasks, etc. I guess I am used to TD's tabbed interface which is quite effective for me.

3. I like the style/look/feel that you've used, i.e. the popups and field labels and text are all more modern than TD. Which just goes to show that it can't be too difficult for the standard TD interface to be modernised.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 30, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
  • PeterW 
Posted by Toodledo:

Keyboard shortcuts
We have added three more keyboard shortcuts for those of you with keyboard shortcuts enabled in your account settings.
1) Control+Command+* will now toggle the star when adding a new task.
2) ESC will now cancel a quick-search.
3) X will now take you to the new location view.

Jake - I've just noticed that these new shortcuts haven't been included in the tip window yet.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 27, 2010 in: Add a subtask: auto due date
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2010
Same applies to other fields, e.g. context, tag, etc.

A workaround I've been using is to 'clone' the parent task so it picks up all of the fields and then drag it onto the parent so that it becomes a sub-task.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 26, 2010 in: How long can I store a task?
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2010
  • Score: 1

Retention of Completed Tasks - You can set when old completed tasks are purged from your account. With a subscription, you can extend the retention period.

Free account: Up to 6 months
Pro subscription: Up to 2 Years
Pro-plus subscription: Up to forever
PeterW 

Posted Aug 26, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
  • PeterW 
Posted by Linden:
Wow, so much hate! There actually HAD been a focused clammer for location-aware tasks for a while, and those users were polite enough to trust it was on the todo list and not hammer the forum with repeated requests.

Hi Linden,

I didn't read any of the above posts as "hate" but rather as disappointment because the maps didn't seem to be on the radar.

I was expecting this update to be a revamp of the collaboration & sharing features which get talked about a lot here (albeit something else I don't really need).

The things I am really hanging out for are:
* UI overhaul (drag & drop, manual sorting, nicer look)
* Task counts on search tabs
* More granular control over the Hotlist
* Additional options for parent-task/sub-task handling

I'm glad that there was a fix for the SMS message problem - it's the one thing I found useful in this update. I hope that there are more minor fixes on the way - sometimes a bunch of small improvements can make a lot of difference.

I don't use the TD iPhone app so I hope the website gets a good share of Toodledo's development resources over the next 6 months.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 26, 2010 in: Good grief
  • PeterW 
Have you checked out the Help file? It's located here http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php and will answer many questions.

You might need to tell us what you want to achieve, e.g. a simple list in a single folder, or do you need to split your tasks into multiple folders? Do you need to use contexts and tags to further define your tasks?

Do you have existing tasks in another system that you need to import?
PeterW 

Posted Aug 26, 2010 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
  • PeterW 
FireFox has been working fine for me.

I guess just try the usual, i.e. empty your browser cache and try again to see if that helps.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2010
If you are new to Toodledo, I'd suggest you read this page to get a better understanding of how subtasks work:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
PeterW 

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
  • PeterW 
Posted by Toodledo:
Bug fixes / Improvements
2) SMS reminders will no longer be missing the task name for some cell phone carriers that had previously been omitting it.

Confirmed that this is now working for me (in Australia using www.smsglobal.com's email-2-SMS gateway to my iPhone which is on the Telstra network).

Thanks!
PeterW 

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: Couple of points about the map feature
  • PeterW 
Hi Jake,

I've created a few locations (e.g. home & work), turned on the Location field in my account settings, and have set location for a few of my tasks.

One issue I've noticed is that if I view the map for a 'home' task, then close the map window and switch to my 'work' tab and open the map window again, it is still set at my 'home' location. If I click on the work tab to refresh the page, the map is then updated to show the correct location. It looks like the map refresh is not triggering when you switch tabs.

Second thing, in location settings it is reporting distance in miles. Most of the rest of the world uses kilometers. I figured this might be a Google Maps setting but can't find anything. Can anything be done on the Toodledo side to allow users to set metric distance?

Thanks.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
@brent.bolton & @judson2020,

There have been many requests here in the forums for changes and enhancements to the parent-task/sub-task features in Toodledo. No-one knows what will be changed or when.

So in the meantime, I've found that adjusting my approach to suit how Toodledo is currently designed to be helpful.

Parent tasks are best considered "containers" for sub-tasks. They are simply a way of collecting a group of tasks that achieve a desired outcome. As I won't be taking action on a parent task itself, but rather will be doing each of the sub-tasks, I leave parent tasks set with a default low priority and I do not set a due date.

Sub-tasks are the actual things I have to take action on, so they are given a start date, due date, priority and perhaps a star if appropriate for the situation. And I leave sub-tasks set to 'flattened' in all but one of my folders so that they will always appear in my lists. You've probably already noticed that if you set sub-tasks to 'nested' they won't appear in your lists. The only place I show sub-tasks nested is in my Project folder, and this is so I can review an entire 'project' with all sub-tasks together.

I've found that working this way is pretty neat and solves the 'problem' of not having the due date and priority to filter up to the parent task. Given that sub-tasks can be a variety of different actions, seeing the parent task in my list is actually not all that helpful.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: Confused about Hiding Future Tasks
  • PeterW 
Just a suggestion...

Toodledo has a Context field, so use that for contexts. Use the folders for your GTD lists (which denote status), e.g. Next, Project, Waiting for, Someday.

Like many others here, I am using Toodledo for GTD very successfully. Look at the forum threads and ask more questions. We're happy to help.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: Regular Reminder
  • PeterW 
You can set tasks to repeat. Have a look at the Help file for more information:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=2

You can also set reminders for these tasks. More info here:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=46
PeterW 

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: iPhone App Search Sync Wanted
  • PeterW 
Appigo Todo's search feature includes notes.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2010
@Salgud,

There are a few ways...

1. If you hover your mouse over the checkbox of a completed task, the popup window will display the completion date.

2. You can sort completed tasks by 'date completed' and when you do, this field will be displayed on your screen (in grid view).

EDIT: Re #2, the completion date also appears in multi-line mode.

This message was edited Aug 24, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 23, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2010
Excellent!

BTW this request came about becuase of your response to this thread:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6719/0/add-star-as-criteria-for-hotlist.html
...so if improvements to the Hotlist filter are made, this would be less important although I think would improve Toodledo in terms of UI consistency.

Thanks.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 23, 2010 in: Folders on the Side for Multi-line
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2010
@andrew.yeh.10 -

I'm on Windows. WinXP at work and Win7 at home (both 32-bit). In both environments I'm using FireFox 3.6.8 and Stylish 1.0.11. There is plenty of space between the task name and the due date field on the right.

Here is a screenshot: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pjmm1960/Folders.png
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2010
Your original account labels you as a good samaritan and the "Transisto (Banned)" account labels you as "Neutral". So if you're officially banned, how are you still posting?

I've always found voting/rating/reputation systems on user forums to be unfairly harsh. I like using the voting system on this site to hide spam posts but as for voting against another user's posts, it seems a bit childish.

Just my $0.02.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 22, 2010 in: Folders on the Side for Multi-line
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2010
Not exactly sure what you mean. I use Toodledo in multi-line mode and I use Toodeldo Me Too style and it works great for me.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next