Purveyor

Posted May 10, 2012 in: Good design for Task sharing and mobile
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 10, 2012
  • Score: 0
From November 30, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
Sharing on iOS is our number one request, so you can be sure that we are working on it. It is a very complex and time consuming feature to add, so I cannot comment on a delivery date, but it is being worked on.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/10539/-64098/read.html

As for "why don't you just copy Wunderkit?", that question is as meaningful as asking "Why don't you (carlos) just use Wunderkit to share tasks?"

This message was edited May 10, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted May 09, 2012 in: Colander in iPad?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 09, 2012
There's no calendar in the iPad version of Toodledo.

You can sync Toodledo with Google Calendar or Apple's iCal and then view your tasks in the iPad Calendar. See http://www.toodledo.com/tools/sync_ical.php

Also, there's no colander. The developer sifted through all the choices but it was too much of a strain ...
;-)
Purveyor

Posted May 09, 2012 in: Possible improvements and new features
Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 2
Some slightly more ambitious possibilities:

1. Integration with a contact list
Various mobile task apps already have this functionality but that's a bit easier because there's only one place to look for contacts. Linking to contacts through a website app would require configuring the source, e.g. Google Contacts, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. Many of my tasks are related to people and companies in my Gmail Contacts. It would be nice to have an easy way of linking tasks to the relevant contact.

2. From #1 above, the ability to use a contact address as a Location. This is already available in various mobile apps.

3. Multiple Locations per task. This is useful when shopping for an item that it is available at several stores.

4. A better alternative to the Grid and Multi-Line formats. Something like the Views in Outlook where you can specify the columns displayed but still have access to all the fields when editing the task.

5. Show more icons at the bottom of the iPhone/iPad app and customize which icons appear. This is a function that is available in several iOS apps.
Purveyor

Posted May 09, 2012 in: Import from Evernote?
  • Purveyor
Okay, sounds good.
How have you used Outlook to import Evernote data?
Purveyor

Posted May 09, 2012 in: Import from Evernote?
  • Purveyor
That would be quite a trick ... ;)

mlsphd, do you realize that the Toodledo Notebook will import data as unformatted text and that all attached files (images, files, voice notes) will be ignored? And you will lose whatever structure you created in Evernote, e.g. Notebooks, Stacks, Tags, Saved Searches.

Seems like a big step backwards.

Of course, it's possible that all of your Evernote notes are unformatted text and you don't use Tags or Notebooks.
Purveyor

Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: -1
Posted by thinkingliberally:
However, for people who have all of their folders private and do not collaborate, the diamonds are really annoying and make the screen much more cluttered
If you do not collaborate, why do you have folders that are private?
Purveyor

Posted May 07, 2012 in: New User
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 07, 2012
Outlook is a desktop application. Toodledo is a web-based application.

There's an official Toodledo Firefox Addon: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php

And there's a Chrome extension:
http://www.toodledo.com/tools/directory_item.php?appid=placeholderToodleChrome

This message was edited May 07, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted May 07, 2012 in: Possible improvements and new features
Score: 5
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 07, 2012
  • Score: 5
For the Toodledo website:
View shared tasks along with non-shared tasks
Save sort order in Search
Save sort order within the various Views
Make a task a subtask without dragging it
Multiple levels of subtasks
Use different colors for folders, contexts, etc.
Edit multiple tasks without search
Choose different fields for various Views
Rich text format in task notes and Notebook
Ability to move Tasks to Notebook and vice versa
Edit completion date
Sync with Outlook

For iPhone/iPad app:
Saved Searches
Sharing and collaboration
File attachments

And, an official Android app.

What else?
Purveyor

Posted May 06, 2012 in: How does parent and sub task repeat?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 06, 2012
Posted by tariqbamadhaj:
Does that mean any due date I have set for those child tasks (which I didn't complete) will be marked as completed and repeated based on their frequency?

Or will they just be carried over to the newly created parent tasks with their original due dates I had set?
I don't know the answers to your questions but have you tried creating some sample tasks to see what happens?
Purveyor

Posted May 05, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 05, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Like I said before, this was a contractor's side project and did not take our time away from our more important priorities.
The contractor got paid, right? Whether it is time, money or effort, there is a cost for everything. In this particular case, you decided that the benefit was worth the cost. Others in this thread disagree with you.

This message was edited May 05, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted May 05, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 05, 2012
  • Score: 1
Posted by Mark.M:
I've seen comments in the past from TD administrators that indicate that they do not want to be 'pressured' by their customers to deliver, by making any commitments of any specific future development roadmap. And when I see those comments, I wonder if I shouldn't be looking for another task management support, because that doesn't sound like a business philosophy at all. Will I wake up one day and find that the operation has 'folded up' and gone away?
Actually, it is not the "TD administrators". It is one guy: Jake Olefsky, the owner, developer and administrator of Toodledo, but there is no info on the Toodledo site about him or his team.

Remember the Milk has eleven people: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/about/
Omni Group (makers of OmniFocus) has 24: http://www.omnigroup.com/company/people/
Nozbe is primarily Michael Sliwinski with a team of 8: Apivision.
Appigo (makers of Todo) has a team of 7 guys.
The most powerful task management that I've seen was developed primarily by one guy, Andrey Tkachuk, but there is no info about him on this website: http://www.mylifeorganized.net/

Jake is a very smart guy and he has done a lot of things right with Toodledo. His basic approach has been to throw in a lot of features and make those features available at an attractive price. In some ways it his "pet project" but I'm sure that Jake wants Toodledo to succeed as a business, and, I think that, as far as he is concerned, Jake has succeeded. It is clear, though, that he doesn't have the money and resources to take Toodledo to the next level.
One day, a competitor of TD may build an equally strong 'core' product and win us all away for good.
I agree. But, so far, companies like Google and Apple haven't come close to developing a product that beats Toodledo.

This message was edited May 05, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted May 03, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 03, 2012
Posted by garyo:
I just tried it, and for me at least the Completion Time graph has a bunch of tasks with negative completion times. What does that mean (or is it a bug)?
I have the same issue.

I think that it is because a few weeks ago I deleted all my tasks and then imported them from a backup. All my old tasks have a "Date added" equal to the date of the import but most of them were completed before that date. Makes the graph pretty much useless.

This message was edited May 03, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted May 02, 2012 in: Charging for Sub Tasks a bit naughty
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 02, 2012
Posted by computer:
Sorry, but I paid what I consider quite a substantial amount of money for a TINY improvement in the product. That was shameless of the company to do that. Embarrassing.
What world do you live in where $15 is "quite a substantial amount of money"?

As for "TINY" improvement, there are at least 14 additional benefits with the Pro subscription.
See http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php

And, yes, what you said is embarrassing, but we won't hold it against you. ;)
Purveyor

Posted May 02, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 02, 2012
Jake, these graphs are really cool but it is not obvious how they can be useful.

Please let us know how you use them when managing your tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 27, 2012 in: Really need a bulk notes delete
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2012
JPR answered your question:

Posted by JPR:
From the Settings page (the very bottom) you can delete all your notebooks, and then repeat your last import. Done.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 23, 2012 in: MYN system Training Videos
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 23, 2012
MayBe it's beCause MiChael LinenBerger's vidEeos are for ToodleDo and not for Toodledo ... ;-)
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2012
  • Score: 1
Posted by Toodledo:
It is essentially the same as Dropbox.
Except that with Dropbox you can:
1. Update files automatically, instead of having to manually upload any changes.
2. Automatically save multiple versions of a file.
3. Not worry about overwriting a file on the website.
4. Use subfolders.
5. Share files with other users.
6. Access files from an iOS or Android device.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 19, 2012 in: Adding notes in grid view
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2012
Try scrolling to display more of your screen to the right.
Can you see the Trashcan icon at the far right?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44      Next