ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 20, 2010
  • Score: 0
Hi,

The Outlook sync tool (Chromatic Dragon) is a third-party application so you will have to contact them for any assistance.

Email: [email protected]
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Products.aspx#ToodledoSync
PeterW 

Posted Aug 19, 2010 in: View By Sorting
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2010
@stephanie.wei,

On the main toolbar you will see a link named "Sort". Click on this to display the Sorting toolbar. From there you can sort each view on a number of criteria. Toodledo will remember your sort settings.

And you don't need to sort view to match the category - you can use any criteria you want, so for example in the Context view you might sort by alphabetical and in the Tag view you might sort by due date.

This message was edited Aug 19, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 19, 2010 in: TIP: Create a List of Common Tags
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2010
That is very cool! Thanks for the tip.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 18, 2010 in: problem printing booklet
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2010
The booklet is working fine for me in FireFox.

Browser: FireFox 3.6.8

Plug in details:
 Adobe Acrobat 9.3.3.177
 Adobe PDF Plug-In for FireFox and Netscape "9.3.3"

When I click the link, it opens a new tab named pdfA4.php. If I right-click and save-as, the file is downloaded as PocketToodledo.pdf.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 18, 2010 in: Start Date, Due date & hotlist
  • PeterW 
Sounds like this might be a bug with the Hotlist. I just tried it and was able to replicate the problem. Toggling hide/show future tasks had no effect.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 18, 2010 in: Start Date, Due date & hotlist
  • PeterW 
On the filters toolbar, you need to click on "Show future tasks".
PeterW 

Posted Aug 16, 2010 in: Tooredo web interface
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2010
Thanks Chris. I took a quick look... as you've said, it's still a very early alpha version but it just goes to show that UI improvements can be made to the existing system.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
@TheGriff,

I made the original post in this thread and asked for it to be an optional feature, so expect this is what we will get if Jake decides to implement this.

I'm currently working off the Search view and have created my own 'Inbox' tab, although the problem is that Search tabs don't display task counts, and these are important on the Inbox so you can see if anything needs processing. So I've now asked for this to be provided.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7043/0/task-counts-on-search-tabs.html
PeterW 

Posted Aug 16, 2010 in: Show future dates
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
It sounds like you need to set a Start Date for these tasks.

Here is a link to the Help file on this topic:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=77
PeterW 

Posted Aug 16, 2010 in: Toodledo Website Bug
  • PeterW 
Perhaps also consider flushing out your cache, and checking that other browser add-ons aren't interfering.

I used Chrome for a while but found it randomly sluggish. I went back to FireFox which I feel is more solid.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 15, 2010 in: Reminders: what's the best way?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2010
Posted by Mark Ottaway:
PS. Unfortunately an iPhone calendar sync'd with Exchange doesn't allow a second alert as Exchange doesn't support this. SO that option ... which would be soooo handy ... is not available for everyone.

I hadn't noticed that! I have three calendars going on my iPhone, one is my work Exchange cal, the other two are personal and synced via MobileMe. Only the latter allow two alerts to be set. Never realised!

It sure would be nice if Apple and Micro$oft ensured that their respective calendar ecosystems worked better together. Unfortunately both seem to think their way is right.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 15, 2010 in: Tooredo web interface
  • PeterW 
@Chris - I am interested. Please let me know more about it. Do you need an email address or happy to share here?
PeterW 

Posted Aug 15, 2010 in: Reminders: what's the best way?
  • PeterW 
Hi Mark.

I've been using iPhone for almost a year now but prior to that was in the same boat as you, having used WinMo devices for a number of years and various PIMs on the PC.

I don't know if there is any solution for the issues you've raised. I had the very same problems and have had to reduce reliance on my handheld poking me and instead proactively look at what's coming up each day, which is probably a good thing. GTD methodology helps in this regard.

One thing I do on the iPhone for calendar items is to set two reminders - one at 2-hours before and the other at 1-hour before which I find helpful.

One of my favourite apps on WinMo was PocketBreeze, which combined calendar and task items in one view on the Today screen with the ability to reschedule, copy, etc. I really miss that app. Apple has nothing similar although with the calendar database now accessible on iOS4, I am hoping someone will come up with something similar.

I just found a new iPhone app named iKoyumi that provides what I feel is a better monthly calendar view of your data so you can see what's coming up. This helps a bit.

I'm interested to hear if others have found some solutions that help with these issues.

This message was edited Aug 15, 2010.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
If I edit the due time on a task and push it back so that it's overdue, when that field is saved it immediately displays overdue, i.e. reverse red highlight, which is how the theme I am using displays overdue items.

However if I refresh the page, this highlight disappears and it goes back to looking like it's not overdue.

I think this might be a bug although given I am using a Stylish theme it's possibly a scripting problem. Hopefully Jake can clarify?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2010
I saw that Toodledo was just down for maintenance so perhaps it just has something to do with that?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I use several methods to collect tasks / brain dump.

I have a small notepad & pen in a few key locations, e.g. at home where I keep my keys & wallet, in my car, in my wife's car, on my desk at work.

I almost always have my iPhone with me and use Appigo Todo. It has a 'quick add' function that works well - you just type the task name and it goes straight to the Inbox. If I don't process it later on the iPhone, I will do so in Toodledo after syncing.

At my desk or on my laptop at home I use Toodledo. For single thoughts that come up I just click add, type the description and let it go to the inbox (no folder) when I'm busy and process it later. If I have a bunch of pages from my notepad or have a number of things swimming around in my head, I will use Toodledo's bulk add feature which works great for me.

I also have a spiral-bound A4-size note book that I use for work, e.g. in group meetings or one-on-one conversations with the CEO. I use this so I can take detailed notes. These often lead to the generation of new tasks so I will usually photocopy the page(s) and put this in my tray for later entry.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by ddvaughn:
I am trying to understand how to get the most out of the useful app

So each day, do you look at both your calendar AND the toodledo list, or do you sync them together and look at only iCal/Outlook. I do not see a way to see the todo list on the iphone...I do see it on the mac iCal.

Yes, I look at both. I don't try to sync them and can't as far as I'm aware anyway without cobbling together some intermediate stuff which would just make life difficult.

I have to use the Outlook calendar for work and as I'm a GTD guy, not many of my tasks are date-driven anyway.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I'm just a user so please understand that others may use Toodledo differently.

I do not add holidays or birthdays to Toodledo, nor any set-time appointments (e.g. work meetings, personal appts, etc). They all go onto my calendar.

At work I have an Outlook calendar (Exchange-based) and at home I have an Outlook calendar on my personal PC. The latter syncs to the cloud via MobileMe. Both calendars sync to my iPhone and can be viewed separately or together (overlaid).

While I agree that tasks and scheduling overlap, and would love to see both in the one view, I operate with tools that don't talk directly to one another. So my calendar and tasks are separate.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2010
Toodledo (both website and iPhone app) is a task manager, not a calendar/scheduler. The system is designed for you to create tasks and check them off when complete.

While it provides a start date field and due date field with due time, these are purely for task management purposes and this is not the same as a calendar solution that would provide start date and time and also end date and time with a calculated duration.

Many Toodledo users would use a separate calendar solution (e.g. Outlook, iCal, MobileMe, etc) along with Toodledo. They are really two different things.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2010
The sidebar menu on this site has a link to the Help/News page. Here is a direct link: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php

If you're talking about the iPhone/iPad app, Help is accessible via the Settings page.

You can create single day events without reminders - just don't set the reminder field.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next