Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: Feels Faster?
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2010
  • Score: 0
Posted by Andrew A:
there was a "broadcast" message across the top of the screen yesterday saying there was going to be some maintenance around 10pm CST. It was red and right below the menu choices (show/hide details) and before the main content area.

Gotta tell you, I almost missed it myself. Sort have trained myself not to see red since everyone else has always got an emergency going! LOL! Hot Pink. It should have been hot pink.

Thanks. That would have been around 1:00pm in my time zone but I didn't see it either, but was working on something else around that time so probably explains it.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: Set Default "Due ON"
  • PeterW 
But I don't think there is a way to set the default to "Due on" as opposed to "Due by". Guess that's an enhancement request.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: Feels Faster?
  • PeterW 
What maintenance are you referring to? I must have missed a memo.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2010
You can find more information here:
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_csv.php
PeterW 

Posted Aug 10, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
We decided to bite off a big feature, so it is taking longer than usual between updates, but we are getting close to having a release which will include the big thing and a handful of small things as well.

Thanks for the update. I've been hanging out for some improvements to the website so really looking forward to the release.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 09, 2010 in: Implement an inbox folder
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2010
Posted by apastuszak:
Is that something that is planned for the future?

Yes - this specific request has been made a number of times although it is not apparently a high priority.

For example: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/4671/-24883/inbox-request-option-to-rename-no-folder.html

These days I run Toodledo mainly off the Search tab where I have created my own "Inbox". I just wish there were task counts on the search page.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 07, 2010 in: Worth buying the ap?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2010
@schneyer - the answer is no. Toodledo does not provide any direct means to sync tasks with Outlook.

As mentioned above, there is a third-party utility (named Chromatic Dragon) that can sync Outlook tasks with Toodledo.com. Toodledo's iPhone app syncs with Toodledo.com so you can keep your iPhone and Outlook sychronised albeit via this free middleware.

One other iPhone task management app that syncs with Outlook is Appigo Todo - they have their own sync utility (Appigo Sync) so if you have their iPhone app, you can sync with Outlook directly. Note that this is wifi based, not internet or cable-based so you are syncing with your own local copy of Outlook, not with Exchange. And Todo syncs with Toodledo. Find more info here: http://www.appigo.com/appigo-sync

If you're looking to sync tasks from your iPhone to Exchange (as you can do with a Windows Mobile device) then not much exists to my knowledge. Guess it's because the iPhone is part of the Apple ecosystem.

I'm a Windows user at home and work so faced a similar problem. However I never much cared for Outlook tasks so was happy to embrace an alternative. I simply use Appigo Todo synced with Toodledo.com. Outlook is still used for email and calendar.

This message was edited Aug 07, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 07, 2010 in: Using Recurring Tasks as Shopping List
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2010
I'm using Appigo Todo on my iPhone and use the 'Checklist' function for shopping lists. As you check off each item they drop to the bottom of the list. Rather than try to set my list via context, I simply use a manual sort to put everything in the order that I will find it at my local supermarket.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 05, 2010 in: iPhone App Default Alert
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 05, 2010
Yes - you need to set this in your Account Settings - New Task Defaults.

http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=18
PeterW 

Posted Aug 05, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 05, 2010
  • Score: -1
Posted by edjose:
I've used nearly every task manager on the App Store, and was a long-time Remember the Milk user. I skipped over Toodledo many times because of the UI. I finally took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and am VERY impressed with the depth of the app. I do think there's room for UI improvement, if for no other reason than to make the app more attractive to first-time users.

Yes, I fully agree. An updated UI would probably keep new users longer and expanding the user base will be good for all of us.

Given that your newish to Toodledo, you might not have noticed that there are some free user scripts available that can dress up the website and make it more appealing. For these to be used you have to be using FireFox with the free Stylish add-in or Chrome. Check out this web page: http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo.com and the two I would recommend are "Toodledoish" and "Toodledo Me Too".

And there is a user who has setup something similar for IE - search the forums for "Toodledo Distraction Free".
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2010
Actually, this is by design.

Appigo Todo automatically puts sub-tasks into the same folder as the parent task - you can't change folder. So if you've moved sub-tasks to a different folder on Toodledo.com, the next sync with Todo will move them back. Nothing you can do about this - it's how Todo works.

I put all of my multi-step tasks into a "projects" folder to avoid this problem.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 04, 2010 in: Getting IE error message
  • PeterW 
I sometimes get a similar message using FireFox (I get the message about resending data, not the bit about billing) and wondered why. It seems to happen on the Search tab more than anything else and I'm not using the shortcut to refresh but simply using the refresh button on the browser.

I have no clue why but would be nice if it stopped.
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
Hi there,

For notifications to work, you must have an account setup on Toodledo.com and have set your iPhone to sync with it.

Check out these instructions:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85
PeterW 

Posted Aug 03, 2010 in: How do I move mutiple tasks to folder
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2010
Have you tried the Multi-Edit feature on the search tab?
PeterW 

Posted Aug 02, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
Score: 3
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2010
  • Score: 3
Hi,

Search tabs do not show task counts like all other tabs do.

Can we have this added please? It would make a big difference to those of us who use search tabs for their Hotlist, Inbox, etc.

Thanks.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 01, 2010 in: Forum Feature Request
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2010
@kcrugby4:

Note that the original poster was asking about the forums area rather than Toodledo itself.

But to answer your question, yes - hover your mouse over a task's checkbox and you will see a popup showing when and how the task was added.

And you can sort any view by 'Date Added' which then shows that field.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by etanafinkler:
So If I am on my Touch, not near wifi, I should only work in either ToDo or Toodledo, not both, until I can get to somewhere where I can sync?

Yes, unless you can be certain that you won't be working on the same task on both devices. Might be a bit tricky!
PeterW 

Posted Aug 01, 2010 in: Show time in task display
  • PeterW 
Sorry, I don't know - hopefully Toodledo will answer.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 01, 2010 in: Organizing and using a calendar
  • PeterW 
@Etana - I've posted an answer to your other thread here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7023/0/how-to-get-more-levels-under-a-project-organizing-projects.h tml
which might help with the post above.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Hi Etana,

First up - yes, you can use both Todo and Toodledo on your iPhone both syncing with one Toodledo account. Just be aware that you should sync either app before closing it and going to use another or the website to make sure everything is up to date.

Second, regarding "projects within projects": Toodledo provides three levels of organisation: folders, tasks and subtasks. So for example you could create a folder for each project, then within each folder have tasks that would be your sub-projects (projects within projects) and each tasks can have subtasks.

Regarding the rest of your post and the other thread you started on a similar topic, these are things that only you can answer depending on how you want to structure your workflow. There is no right or wrong answer and Toodledo is quite flexible so can be setup to work in a variety of ways.

One thing I would suggest given the many questions you pose is that you read David Allen's book "Getting Things Done". It can provide some structure to how you might go about setting up your personal workflow and that in turn might give you some guidance on how to go about setting up an organisational system such as Toodledo or Todo.

I'd also suggest looking at some of the "setup" threads in the GTD section of the forums - lots of good info there. One recent post I made described (briefly) my own setup:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6945/-36287/how-do-you-use-folderscontextstags.html and you can see some screenshots of my setup here:
http://www.davidco.com/forum/showthread.php?11316-Recommendation-needed-for-Task-Management-please!& p=80276#post80276
(you might need to sign up to the DavidCo forums to see this post).

But as I mentioned, what I am doing is just one of many many possible ways you can use Toodledo.

This message was edited Aug 01, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next