ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mco"
mco

Score: 1
  • mco
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
  • Score: 1
Posted by Linda M:
Since there are infinite combinations of resources, I find the choice of a DROP DOWN very limiting in the ToodleDo implementation of Context.

Some people really want to be able to drill down to a list of things they can do if they have five minutes, high energy, a laptop and a gerbil (ok, I made up the gerbil). But for most of us, the limitations are simpler: some things I can only do at home, at work, or while out and about. And that's a good place to start. Ambiguities start to creep in because, e.g., people can now do the same things at home, work or maybe a coffeeshop. How you resolve these kinds of issues is something you might want to work out by testing.

The Simplicity Is Bliss website is testing/advocating contexts that reflect energy level and/or work type. I am playing around with this idea, but I think it is fair to say it is probably best for beginners to stick with a basic list to start.
mco

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • mco
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
  • Score: -1
A very nice, tasteful job. I'm in love. Please redesign the iOS app along the same lines, especially the emphasized date, priority and status fields.
mco

Posted Jun 17, 2011 in: Appigo Todo for Mac
Score: 0
  • mco
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2011
  • Score: 0
Just thought I would take a moment to say that I wasted my money on the Mac Appigo Todo app. It's pretty, but doesn't even have the functionality of the iPad/iPhone versions. There's no user forum on the Appigo web site and the on-line help is incomplete, so caveat emptor.

This message was edited Jun 17, 2011.
mco

• mco
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2011
Of course, you could email in one task

"add task in notes"

with the body of the email containing
the list of tasks. Then you could use
the multiple add feature of the web
version later- or just cut and paste.
mco

Posted Jun 09, 2011 in: notes query
  • mco
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2011
Works fine on my iPad. Did you push the edit button in the upper right-hand corner?
mco

Posted Apr 16, 2011 in: iPhone app recommendation
  • mco
  • Posted: Apr 16, 2011
Honestly, only Toodledo's own app supports all the features I want to use, like contexts and folders (you can use one or the other with 2do but not both) and start dates (not supported by Appigo Todo, for example). The only real fault I can find in the Toodledo app is that you cannot make an item a sub-item after it has been entered; you have to do it when you enter the sub-item. Of course, on the web site, you can move items in and out of other items with drag and drop.
mco

Posted Apr 10, 2011 in: Action Lists
Score: 1
  • mco
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2011
  • Score: 1
Posted by ccoleman:
Looked this over on your recommendation. Developer seems very responsive.

But unless I'm missing something, the program throws every "next action" into a single giant list that can only be filtered by the single criteria of "context." I have lots of NAs but only one or two contexts, so this isn't workable for me, unless I'm missing something.

No, it uses Folders as Projects, and you can look at your data that way. It uses a little trick to even get sub-projects.
mco

• mco
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2011
Yes, Appigo charges for their own sync (which I believe is to ICal, and has a beta web interface), and syncing to Toodledo is free. If you don't have a mac, then you can't sync to ical, so i think there is not much point for you to pay them this fee.I think it is a bit crazy, but they also charge for some "themes" for Todo iPad, which resembles a paper planner. I don't really get their revenue model. I also find their app less flexible than the app Toodledo has (which is also cheaper), but a lot of people like Appigo Todo.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2011.
mco

Posted Jan 14, 2011 in: Read about our latest batch of updates
  • mco
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2011
Toodledo, I love you, I love you, I love you. With shift+arrow to move around the screen with, what a wonderful world!
mco

Posted Dec 20, 2010 in: Calendar View on iphone/ipad app
  • mco
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Adding a calendar view on the iPhone app is on our to-do list.

Don't you mean your Todoodle list? :)
mco

Posted Oct 01, 2010 in: Toodledo Syn Error--Please Help
  • mco
  • Posted: Oct 01, 2010
Sorry, I should have been more explicit. You are likely to get useful help only from Chromatic Dragon. Even if Microsoft broke Chromatic Dragon's sync tool, it is still going to be up to Chromatic Dragon to make it work again. The text about not posting the trace logs to the forum is from Chromatic Dragon, but I don't know why the history or motivation for the message. It is very likely that they want you to contact them directly about your issue.
mco

Posted Oct 01, 2010 in: Toodledo Syn Error--Please Help
  • mco
  • Posted: Oct 01, 2010
Um, I noticed

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : Please do not post these trace logs to the Toodledo Forums

in your trace log. You do know that the problem is very likely somewhere between Microsoft and Chromatic Dragon, in which case Toodledo is not responsible, right?
mco

• mco
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Well, it's out. I downloaded it. The dmg file turned itself into a folder instead of automounting, but no harm done. It reminds me a little of the splashdata desktop software, but not that bad, maybe a little rough and un-mac-like. It does not, alas, seem better than the Toodledo web interface.
mco

Posted Sep 29, 2010 in: Appigo has announced Todo v4
  • mco
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
I'm a big fan of Appigo Todo - in my opinion they provide a nice balance between power, ease of use and the iPhone "fun factor". I've no doubt that the web interface will succeed.

I keep looking at Appigo because of sunk costs, I guess. I suppose people who do straight-ahead priority and due date may like it, but it just doesn't have the power and flexibility of Toodledo for me. And I absolutely hate the iPad "paper planner" interface.
mco

Posted Sep 28, 2010 in: Appigo has announced Todo v4
  • mco
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2010
Posted by PeterW:

It's out. The big new feature is it can sync to Todo Online, a $20/year OTA sync service. Syncs Appigo Todo and ical, with an alpha web browser interface. No screenshots of web browser, no details on features. There's a 14-day free trial.

Leaving aside the question as to whether this new service is a good value compared to, say, Toodledo, the lack of detailed information, the brief free trial, the known difficulty of providing robust syncing, and the alpha browser interface tell me that one should think twice, and then twice more, about chasing this one.
mco

Posted Aug 12, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • mco
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2010
Posted by rickg.chicago:
Second, how about a "hide completed" option? I'm one of those clean desktop people. I like to have no distractions - just what I'm working on visible. Which in tis case is either the list or a specific task. Thanks,

You can do that already... it's my default.
mco

Posted Aug 12, 2010 in: GTD Electronic book
  • mco
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2010
Posted by Claudio:
Seems that Allen has forced all of the e-book vendors to remove his books from electronic distribution.

Remember that authors are largely bit players in the book distribution business.
mco

Posted Jul 28, 2010 in: The predictability of unpredictablity
  • mco
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2010
Posted by Salieri:
How do we carve out time whilst bring up a young family? You can't predict or plan for what happens with children. Yet, you need regular time to get things done. Any thoughts?

You need to be able to do small bits or less important things while your main focus is on the children. When you have blocks of time available (naps?), you have to know what the best things to do are, and do them. Try using contexts to differentiate.
mco

Posted Jun 06, 2010 in: Help! GTD and my master's thesis
Score: 2
  • mco
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2010
  • Score: 2
As a university professor who uses gtd and supervises Ph.D. students, I have some advice for you:

1) no thesis looks like what was originally planned.

2) work on your thesis on a regular basis. You might want to read "How to write a lot" by Silva. It's fine to jump around. Up to a point, work each day on what feels right to do next.

3) Put the organization of your thesis work in some external format like a mindmap or outline. Be prepared to revise it regularlyor throw it away and start a new version. Do not put this material in your list manager.

4) Put the next actions for your thesis work in your list manager. A project management program is overkill and will not work. Keep hard due dates visible but don't set up artificial deadlines. Good organization of notes of all kinds is essential. I use Evernote.

Good Luck!
mco

Posted Mar 29, 2010 in: Toodledo and iPad?
  • mco
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2010
I realize that answering questions about compatibility with an unreleased product can be hazardous, but can you say anything about Toodledo on the iPad?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next