Search results for "Posted by c5000nc"
c5000nc

Posted Sep 26, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: 0
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Sep 26, 2015
  • Score: 0
Posted by Jake:
Yes, we have a vision for making searching much easier and more powerful.

Thanks Jake.
c5000nc

Posted Sep 25, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2015
SIMPLE NEW FEATURE: Add 'New Search' to the drop down menu under the new Action Menu, on the right side of the Breadcrumb Bar.

The Breadcrumb Bar is great, but it has become a real nuisance to do the following every time I want to search for something AND see the right side scroll bar:
- open the Ribbon
- click on Search
- click on New Search and do the search
- click to close the Ribbon so I can see the right side scroll bar

Much easier if we could simply click the Action Menu and click on New Search.

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Sep 22, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
Score: 2
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2015
  • Score: 2
It would be GREAT if you could add New Search to this new Action Menu.

This would allow us to do a detailed search without having to open up the ribbon details, click on Search and then New Search, go back to where we were, and close the ribbon details if we need to do so to see the right side scroll bar.

Thanks!
c5000nc

Posted Sep 17, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2015
ADD 'NEW SEARCH' BUTTON TO RIGHT SIDE OF BREADCRUMB BAR

It would bring up the full New Search, not the very limited Quick Search, and there is plenty of unused space on the Breadcrumb Bar.

It would be very useful to execute a New Search without having to click on the Search button on the Ribbon, then Expand the Ribbon to bring up New Search. For many of us, this Ribbon then has to be closed to see the right side scroll bar.

Much easier to have one button on the Breadcrumb Bar to conduct a New Search.

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Sep 16, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2015
Posted by Acustk:
Posted by c5000nc:
I really like the bread crumb bar, but would suggest one minor enhancement:

At each stage from left to right, add a Refresh button between the item and the arrow. This would allow us to refresh with one click instead of two (clicking on the item, then again on that same item on the pull down menu). This currently is especially cumbersome if there are a lot of items on the pull down menu (like Folders), requiring us to also scroll to refresh it.

I frequently change the date or other column of a To-Do, and like to refresh the view. It would be nice to have one click for that with the left side closed.

Thanks.

For me, clicking the "Tasks" link (the one at the very top of the page) does the refresh that you are asking for.

Thanks! I see that now.
c5000nc

Posted Sep 15, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
Score: 1
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2015
  • Score: 1
I really like the bread crumb bar, but would suggest one minor enhancement:

At each stage from left to right, add a Refresh button between the item and the arrow. This would allow us to refresh with one click instead of two (clicking on the item, then again on that same item on the pull down menu). This currently is especially cumbersome if there are a lot of items on the pull down menu (like Folders), requiring us to also scroll to refresh it.

I frequently change the date or other column of a To-Do, and like to refresh the view. It would be nice to have one click for that with the left side closed.

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Aug 31, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2015
Within Tasks, Notes are now MUCH narrower on my 12" laptop, only covering a little over half the width of the laptop. They wee never narrow before. This makes it much harder to work with my Notes within Tasks. Please fix!
THANKS
c5000nc

Posted Aug 27, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2015
Posted by Jake:
We are planning to allow the ribbon icons to be reordered.

We are planning to add a breadcrumb bar that will show you where you are without opening the sidebar.

It would also be helpful to have a second Collapse arrow on the ribbon just below the icons, in addition to above them. Less distance to move the cursor with the arrow in two places.

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Aug 27, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2015
TASK NOTE EDITING IS NOW MORE CUMBERSOME
:
It now seems that when the left sidebar is open, and a Task Note is opened to edit, we have to now close the sidebar to see the Task Note right side scroll bar. This seems to be because the Task Note is now wider.

This means you've created an extra unnecessary step every single time we want to edit a Task Note.

Further, when opened to edit, the Task Note is also longer, so it no longer fully fits on a 12" laptop screen top to bottom. This makes the Task Note right side scroll bar even more important.

A wider and longer Task Note when editing makes it more cumbersome to edit them than before.

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2015
Posted by Jake:
The maximum size of the columns has been greatly increased, so you can now make your task columns wider to take advantage of all the extra space you have now with the collapsible sidebar.

Thank you Jake!
c5000nc

• c5000nc
And yes, I could make the Task column wider if I close the left sidebar, but I use that sidebar frequently. A wider Task column would force me to use the bottom scroll bar to get to the right scroll bar.
Thanks.
c5000nc

• c5000nc
Yes, we have lost usable real estate with this change.

I have about 30% less Task verbiage available to me at a glance if I want to use TD optimally by keeping the left sidebar visible, and not having to use the bottom scroll bar to get to the right scroll bar.

This is because I have to keep about 3/4" of wasted space to the right to avoid the bottom scroll bar, and because the font was made arbitrarily larger with no ability to adjust it smaller.

This is a significant degradation of ToodleDo as a productivity tool.

I'm really not that interested in waiting some unknown number of months for ToodleDo to work on column resizing "in a future update" to fix a problem they just created. It is very disappointing to lose functionality for a cleaner interface.

Thank you.
c5000nc

• c5000nc
Another issue with column and font resizing in the tasks section: With the larger font, less verbiage shows up, regardless the column.

And, even when all the columns show fully, there is still space to the right that forces one to use the bottom scroll bar to see the side scroll bar. The solution is to collapse the sidebar. But we can no longer see the sidebar and right scroll bar (thus eliminating the bottom scroll bar) without leaving a lot of white space to the right.

Thanks.
c5000nc

• c5000nc
Thanks Jake.
c5000nc

• c5000nc
Since you didn't increase our ability to make the Task column wider, I'm not sure what was gained by being able to collapse the sidebar. You said it was to make more screen space available for tasks, but that isn't really so.

As such, depending on how many columns there are, there is now empty, useless screen space with the sidebar collapsed. It would be hugely helpful if we could make the Task column wider that before, to see more of the full Task verbiage.

I understand how to do that with the Multiline format, but that is inconvenient if one wants to change a column entry. The Grid format with a wider Task column is the better solution.

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted May 19, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: May 19, 2015
Thanks Jake. That would do the trick. As you know, Ultimate To Do List calls them My Views.
c5000nc

Posted May 19, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
Score: 1
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: May 19, 2015
  • Score: 1
In Tasks with the Android app, how can I create my own customized lists of To Do's? for example,
- all To Do's due today
- all due one day out
- all due two days out, etc.

I need to be able to see what is due today (sorted how I want), tomorrow, the next day, etc. The online app is great for this (I created them as saved Searches), but the Android app is not.

Ultimate To Do List does a great job with this but I can't seem to find a way to do this with the ToodleDo Android app, making it essentially useless.

It gives me the option of Hotlist from the online app, which can't really be customized at all.
c5000nc

• c5000nc
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2015
Thanks Jake. It has been an ongoing problem for a while.
c5000nc

Posted Mar 18, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2015
Lenoret is correct.

Overall, it would be extremely useful to have 3 or 4 'pull-down menu' Fields we can call whatever we want for whatever we want, and 3 or 4 free-form Fields like Tags, again where we can call them what we want. This flexibility would allow us to more easily adapt ToodleDo to our specific jobs and lives.

For example, I use Locations for Hours each day (a-08, a-09, etc.), so I can use a pull-down menu to assign Tasks to specific hours. They start out in a-1800, to put them at the end of the work day, for me to move to the hour I will work on them. Using the pull-down menu of Hours like this is much faster and easier than entering and un-entering specific Start Times.

Posted by lenoret:
Posted by Jake:
We are considering it. You mentioned "Locations". We have a dedicated field for that already that you may want to use.

I thinkc5000nc was asking for more fields like the Locations field, where we can add our own pre-set values to access from a pull-down menu.
c5000nc

Posted Mar 13, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2015
Any chance of allowing more than one column where we can enter whatever value we want, like Tags allows? And maybe a couple of more with pull-down menus where we can add pre-set values, like Locations? This would provide tremendously greater flexibility.
Posted by Jake:
Try using tags. You can make the first tag something like "P0001", "P0002". etc
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next