ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Dave"
Dave

Score: 0
  • Dave
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2012
  • Score: 0
Great new feature! Gmail users will love this since each email has its own URL and the bookmarklet works perfect for adding the email link to the task. Thanks
Dave

Posted Aug 08, 2012 in: My Trusted System
  • Dave
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2012
Thanks for posting your system. I have been using folders for my AOR for awhile now and it works well for me as well. Since I am looking at my NA during my work times, I just use the context "project" for parent tasks and then review projects in my weekly review. I also use a context "checklists" for simple lists that aren't tasks. Saved searches are what I work off of on a daily basis for my NAs, since it is easier to group NA and areas of responsibility for quick viewing.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2012
Looks like we have had a similar experience. I want to use Due Today since I like the layout and widget more, but UTDL just has much more functionality. I use Toodletask as my capture tool as well. Let me know if you settle on a setup for it. If one of them finally gets Evernote links that will be the decision maker. I have emailed both developers in hopes of getting that capability.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2012
Thanks ben, Currently I put day specific events as all day on my calendar, but was getting tired of typing the same thing in twice. What settings to you have the UTDL widget on now that you find useful?
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2012
I have noticed a lot of folks here use Ultimate Todo list for syncing with Android. Do you guys use a 3rd party calendar widget to see your tasks and events. I have found two that support UTDL which are Pure Calendar and Agenda Widget for Android. Anyone have some feedback on these or others? Thanks
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2012
Toodledo isn't designed to be a GTD focused app. Just a great tasks app that people can use for GTD and other methodologies. I am happy about this since many of the GTD apps don't work well for me and how I use GTD. David Allen has been very reluctant to recommend apps since his focus is the method not technology. Once you understand the method you can use it with most apps.
Dave

Posted Jul 02, 2012 in: Collaboration Improvements
  • Dave
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2012
Wow huge update! Thanks for your work. I have been waiting for joint tasks AND Evernote links (heck that could be a post itself). You guys are excellent about keeping a constant stream of updates. Great service!
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2012
Posted by zamir.javer:
I use Toodledo App in iphone , along with GTD paid app from Net Centrics on multiple PCs.

They all synch together and create a seamless task list which is accessible from anywhere.

works well.

How do you sync Toodledo and Outlook in your setup?
Dave

Posted Apr 18, 2012 in: Still no native android app?
  • Dave
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2012
@kevin.ponds - Due Today does the best job on emailing tasks since it includes the most info from the task itself. DGT GTD has this features as well. UTD is getting it pretty soon I believe.
Dave

Score: 1
  • Dave
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2012
  • Score: 1
Great to see everyone talking about DA's newsletter. I have been a big fan of a projects list for awhile now. This was after reading the book a few times and looking over his old Palm system he used. I have a context of "project" and then use a saved search to see them in a list. Most folks who don't use a projects list haven't fully "dumped" everything from their head and don't fully rely on their system (IMHO). DA consistently writes about folks with 175 NA and 50+ Projects while maintaining a "mind like water" perspective. I am not there yet, but at that level a projects list is essential.
Dave

Posted Apr 04, 2012 in: Keeping it simple
Score: -1
  • Dave
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2012
  • Score: -1
I just have a search for tasks without a folder, context, or status and name it inbox. Works for me.
Dave

Posted Apr 04, 2012 in: Keeping it simple
  • Dave
Best way to keep things simple is to understand that GTD is a methodology and way of thinking. David Allen always talks about it being a mental martial art. When you take that approach you can adjust your system by getting rid of the necessary. It is crucial to the longevity of your system and mental clarity. It is waaaaay to easy to get wrapped up on how to use the tool after you have chosen "the one"

One mental switch that has made my life much easier is that you don't need to use every available field for each task. Many tasks that are in projects that aren't next actions have nothing identified within them (context, status, etc.). I figure that once I finish what is next I will identify that. For a long time when I would drop in a task I would force myself to add it to a folder, status, and context. It can stressful to have to do that for each one if it isn't the next action. I use Toodledo to keep checklists in certain folders too. There I might use the start date and due date for ticklers or items like that. I brew Kombucha tea at home and use the start date for when I start a new batch so I can remember. I don't use start dates for my GTD tasks though. An easy way to ignore fields you don't use is to move the "note" icon to the left right next to the checkbox. Now I don't have to scan to the right much in order to classify tasks or add notes.
Dave

• Dave
Agree, I think most folks (myself included for a long time) have way too many contexts. Errands is probably all you need for stuff you need to pick up. If you have more than 30 items from different places (meaning not just a grocery list but many non related items) then maybe you can have more than one errands context. Otherwise just check your Errands list before heading out. It isn't hard to scan 30 items.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2012
I use Toodledo on its own with Gmail and Google calendar.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2012
Ditto on paper, it is very underrated. RTM doesn't make sense for me since you can't do it without a lot of custom searches which get very annoying and require too much thinking to do. Please don't sweat the tool so much. Focus on getting things done.

David Allen published a pdf on his website on how to use GTD with Outlook 2010. Very good.

This message was edited Mar 31, 2012.
Dave

Posted Mar 31, 2012 in: Keeping it simple
Score: 2
  • Dave
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2012
  • Score: 2
Agreed. I have been thinking about this a lot lately with my system. Unfortunately there is no GTD app that will make you productive without setting time aside to think. Sorry. You can't set your contexts on auto pilot and your tech will handle it. People keep looking at the tool even that David Allen says in EVERY interview that the tool isn't that big of a deal. This is why reading the book is so important, and not just some blog entries. You need to figure out what works for you, but not trying to fill up the standard contexts. I think one of the best posts in the forums was from Lance a couple of years ago when he linked to a DA article in Wired. Highly recommend reading this post and bookmarking it. http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/3797/-20391/getting-things-web-done.html
Dave

Posted Mar 30, 2012 in: When will Evernote integration happen?
  • Dave
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2012
Since the Toodledo iOS clients recognize the Evernote Note links in the Notes section, then I am assuming that will be the first step on the website as well. That is all the integration that I need. Not sure what Nozbe is able to do.
Dave

Posted Mar 29, 2012 in: Pocket Informant without google?
  • Dave
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2012
I would contact webis directly, but from the looks of their site you can sync with the iOS calendar, and I remember they launched a desktop sync for Outlook. Here is their support page - http://webis.net/support.php
Dave

Posted Mar 29, 2012 in: Pocket Informant without google?
  • Dave
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2012
What mobile OS are you using?

PI on iOS and Android works great with Toodledo. Don't think Android supports tags yet. Projects are Toodledo folders.
Dave

Score: -1
  • Dave
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2012
  • Score: -1
No prob. Whatever works for you, go for it.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next