• Score: 0
Only 27 purchases... doesn't seem much
jzamoras

Posted Aug 24, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2019
  • Score: 1
I'm really tempted to get a subcription, but my silver account is good for another year but I really don't know how much time is toodledo going to last. It also bothers me why don't offer lifetime membership between current customer base first! looks like a fast money grab before shut down
jzamoras

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 0
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2019
Posted by Scott Florack:
Posted by KBC1-Gold-Standby:
You must use the same email as you have in ToodleDo to make the purchase.

That's actually not true. I have my own domain and used two separate email addresses: one to purchase from Android Central Digital Offers (aka StackSocial) and another one for my Toodledo account (which I've had for 7-8 years).

You receive a gift code from StackSocial and just add it to your Toodledo account. I think the people are only having issues when they already have a paid account and the system doesn't know how to handle upgrades or extensions.

you upgraded a free account?
jzamoras

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
Posted by Larry2:
Ok. So I spent the $40 but when I try to add it a new free account coupon code when I upgrade I get Invalid Coupon Code. I created a new free account to try this and also did try to upgrade my current Silver plan subscription. Same response both tries.

Am I missing something?

ups, please keep us posted. I want to buy it too.
jzamoras

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • jzamoras
Posted by KBC1-Gold-Standby:
LONG TIME USER... 10 YEARS...

Okay, so I spent a good part of today reading this forum and browsing the Web. Without going too deep, ToodleDo Gold or Plus is the best solution for me. Priacta rates it the highest in the class, and I have been using it so long we are like an old married couple. I looked at a bunch of alternatives and none of those is optimum for me. I am set in my habits and don't want to export 2,000 tasks and notes and learn a new system. None of the alternatives is exactly like ToodleDo.

My Gold subscription runs into next year, and I just bought a lifetime plus subscription from StackSocial for $40 that supposedly is good for five years. After that, I have to contact support at StackSocial to have it renewed, apparently at no cost. But if it turns out to be another $40 no big deal. ToodleDo is worth that. Here is the deal -->> https://stacksocial.com/sales/toodledo-plus-lifetime-subscription

I am running the two subscriptions in parallel, backing up one weekly and copying it to the other. When the Gold expires, I will simply delete that and continue with the 5-Year Plus. I like ToodleDo as is, and if they never make a change or feature enhancement, I will be satisfied with that. I also use the iOS app on an iPad Pro, and that is fine too. As long as the current owner, or StackSocial, or someone else keeps the ToodleDo server running for ten years or so, I will be happy. Let's hope that happens.

People complaining and asking for more features and making life difficult for the new developers won't help save ToodleDo. Use what we have, be glad we have it, and hope that the server stays up. And make lots of local backups in case it does not -- including CSV. I do this weekly like doing my wash and it takes just a few seconds. It is the first task on my calendar every Saturday morning.

Those who switch to Milk Remembering or ToDoist or Marvin or whatever are wished well. But I like ToodleDo and that's my story.

the lifetime subscription does it work over a current silver one?
jzamoras

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2019
Posted by Larry2:
Posted by Scott Florack:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/toodledo-plus-lifetime-subscription

You receive a code and redeem it in Toodledo. Subscription needs to be manually renewed by CS every 5 years.

Wow. I'm insulted. They're offering Plus for basically Standard pricing with no Standard special pricing.

That's aside from whether they'll be around in a year. I suspect they will be though but it wouldn't surprise me if they changed ownership and pricing structures.

last year I would bought lifetime subscription in no time... but now I wonder how much time are they going to last...

This message was edited Aug 22, 2019.
jzamoras

Posted Aug 19, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2019
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakeolefsky/

http://www.jakeo.com/contact.php

This message was edited Aug 19, 2019.
jzamoras

Posted Aug 19, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2019
why dont just sell it back to Jake? at discount of course
jzamoras

• jzamoras
  • Posted: Jul 23, 2019
Posted by Duo:
Posted by Larry2:
I could be wrong but I think it's available only for Business level. When I googled it I found a setup instructions page but the Business tab was highlighted.

Was it previously available for other levels and removed? I never paid attention to that so I don't know.

It was available for everyone before.

I have it activated... now I cant disable it, lol
jzamoras

• jzamoras
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2019
they removed it...

https://pasteboard.co/IohWq5i.png

greedy b*****s!!
jzamoras

• jzamoras
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2019
you are right, I cant find it anymore. Are they removing features to paying customers?
jzamoras

Posted Jul 15, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2019
  • Score: 2
Posted by cornfuzeled:
I'll also be leaving... found a competitor with competitor with comparable functionality, strong track record of delivering on their roadmap/commitments the last year and at a much more reasonable price.

which one?
jzamoras

Posted Jun 08, 2019 in: Very quiet here and No News
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2019
my advice is backup tasks every week, just in case
jzamoras

• jzamoras
  • Posted: May 08, 2019
what about using an ad blocker?
jzamoras

• jzamoras
  • Posted: May 08, 2019
Duo, can you post a screenshot? I'm seeing anything
jzamoras

Posted May 05, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: May 05, 2019
Posted by GSP1963:
@jzamoras

You wrote: "can ticktick display indented subtasks like toodledo?"

Sort of. TickTick's subtasks aren't as robust as Toodledo's or Remember the Milk's. TickTick's subtasks are more like checklist items that you attach to a task. Each checklist can have a reminder associated with it, but as far as I can see, they don't have the full functionality of the tasks themselves. And I don't see any way that subtasks can be converted directly into tasks. To see the subtasks on TickTick's web version, you have to select the task and view its details in a side panel. On the mobile version, you have to touch on the task, which brings up its details, including the subtasks (which appear in checklist format beneath the task description).

Thanks for the question. I hadn't noticed TickTick's limited subtask design until you asked. This actually nudges me a bit closer to Remember the Milk.

Note to anyone reading this who's looking for a Toodledo replacement: Check the "Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo" board in the Questions section of the forums. That's where you'll find the most helpful information.

you're welcome, I noticed this when I tried it a few months ago
jzamoras

Posted May 05, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: May 05, 2019
Posted by GSP1963:
@Purveyor and @Duo:

Thanks for your comments. A brief update on my evaluation of todo apps follows. I should mention at the start that I am looking for a todo app for my own individual use -- not for team use -- and I like to use the same todo app for keeping track of both work and personal tasks.

1. Clickup. I took a look at this and found it a bit much for my needs. There was an awful lot going on designed for teams that I had no use for, so it didn't feel like a good fit. I may take another peek and see if I have a different impression second time around.

2. Nirvana. Thanks for the info, Duo. I've used Nirvana off and on for a few years. I wasn't aware that it had effectively been abandoned, but you may indeed be right. Little seems to be happening in terms of new functionality over there and the $49 for forever deal is a bit worrisome, now that you bring my attention to it. I like this app, but your comments are making me wary. I don't want to leave one sinking ship, so to speak, only to get on another.

3. Remember the Milk. I've used this for awhile and found it fairly good. I like the active community of users who trade tips on how they use the app. The design is simple and logical. Some things struck me as awkward: I don't like having to click a checkbox on an item in order to access a menu that includes a button to click in order to mark an item as done. Also, completed tasks are not shown below your current list (a design I prefer), but are displayed in a separate view. I also am mildly bothered by the childish moo-cow logo and the inability of a product called "Remember the Milk" to create a good shopping list. Still, those are relatively minor complaints. The RTM development team seems to be active and doing good work and the Pro price of $40/year is on the high side, but not unreasonable.

4. TickTick. TickTick is very good and, at just $28/year, very affordable. The iPhone app is great. Most of the time, however, I prefer to work on the web and I have one major complaint of the web version. This may seem trivial to some, but the designers have made the completed tasks list appear in light-light-gray on white. The completed tasks are so light they are virtually illegible. (I've tried adjusting my monitor's brightness and contrast settings; doesn't help.) I really despise light-light-gray on white designs and I wish designers would exercise more common sense. I find TickTick's illegibility such a problem it may actually be a dealbreaker for me.

TLDR: I like Nirvana, but Duo's comments have me concerned. Remember the Milk seems to have the best combination of good features, a not unreasonable price, and developers and owners who are on the ball. Ergo, leaning toward RTM.

can ticktick display indented subtasks like toodledo?
jzamoras

Score: -2
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: May 04, 2019
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
jzamoras

Posted May 02, 2019 in: Blog vs Forum
Score: 2
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: May 02, 2019
  • Score: 2
Posted by Purveyor:
No, you're not the only one ... ;-)

Easier to compose a monthly blog entry (with a lot of repetition from the previous month) rather than address issues in the Forums.

And what's with the Silicon Valley bizspeak?
In the March blog entry there was:
"These learnings will help us learn iteratively before we approach the entire task dashboard."
"We’re iterating on usability in alpha mode right now".

In the most recent entry, there's: "QAing", "fast follow features", "low-fidelity designs", "we'll iterate on those". Really??

And still waiting for an updated version of the iOS app.

you nailed it
jzamoras

Posted Mar 27, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Mar 27, 2019
2do app is working on a web app. It's really cool because is what I use in android.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next