ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Posted Jun 09, 2019 in: Adding multiple tasks but using /
Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2019
  • Score: 0
Is it possible use "Smart Add" reliably on "add multiple" tasks, to give each line/task that you're adding a different tag or start date or folder?

"Smart Add Tip: Prefix the name of a /folder, /context or /tag with a slash to quickly add details to your task. You can even use plain language to add dates like /tomorrow or set tasks to repeat by typing /every fri."
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2019
These forums used to be a lot more helpful! I'd get a response no matter how silly, small or stupid my question was.
M

• M
  • Posted: May 14, 2019
... to a few others? I have lots of tasks set up as M,T,W,R,F, repeat from Completion.

I have to Click Repeating > click Advanced > paste > click From Completion.

Can't do this through batch edit?
M

Posted Apr 04, 2019 in: Toodledo Feature Requests Update
Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2019
  • Score: 1
I visit the Feature Requests page, after a long absence from my Toodledo account, and try to log in to comment on a feature -- and cannot. The page says "Redirecting to Toodledo Roadmap" when I click the sign in button, but it never signs me in (I'm already logged into TD) and it gives me no place where I can enter my sign in info.

I need to ask for an anticipated delivery date on a new IOS app, before I close my TD account and switch to TickTick.
M

• M
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2018
Things that always bring me back to Toodledo are the flexible recurrences, and the pretty-powerful search. And the ability to export which, unfortunately, is probably going to be what I do: export and build an Excel workbook with macros that will let me complete/reschedule, and filter as I choose, without being at the whim of another task list provider (with the exception of Microsoft but, I suppose, if Excel ever sucks I'll have a problem again). I want to do SQL, but can't find a free database hosting service.
M

Score: 8
  • M
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
  • Score: 8
Eight-plus-year subscriber who has used TD for much longer than that, and I'll be pulling my data and going elsewhere if they don't grandfather us "longtimers" into a lower price plan. Very sad, as TD and I have been friends for a long time. Also a little nervous, because short of writing my own cloud-based SQL database for my tasks, I'm not sure what I can use. And disappointed -- because I don't use a lot of the features, and really do think the new price is just too damned high.
M

Posted Aug 16, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • M
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2018
I have chimed in here earlier, and also apologize for not reading the 6+ pages that have been added since I had time to do so.

I'm back today to ask the new owners to PLEASE revert in some "keyboard-user friendliness." I used to be able to get into a dropdown field via mouse click or tab, then press HOME to get to (in the Status field, for example) the top entry in the list. That no longer works.

I used to be able to get into the Goals field and type just the first letter of my goal, and it would be selected. That no longer works.

I hate the mouse. I hate the touchpad even more. My first job with "computers" was word processing (yes, I'm old) - and I'm fast on the keyboard. Let me be fast. Put keyboard functionality BACK into the Tasks interface.

Thanks
M

Posted Jul 08, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2018
In reading all the posts, I realized 3 things:

1) I didn't thank Jake enough. Jake, I can't thank you enough. You have no clue how your tool helped this OCD task hoarder not go (too) crazy for many many years. And you did it with not enough financial incentive, and far too much flack from your sometimes-spoiled users.

2) I am probably not being fair to the new team. You see the theme of pessimism through our posts -- if you've been in or used technology for any length of time at all, you can probably relate to this. Please be kind to us. Please stay true to the tone of your introduction post. I'm betting that long-time Toodledo users will give you a chance to please us -- but we'll be the first to let you know when you're making moves that make us unhappy, too. It sounds like you intend to use that feedback in a productive way -- I really hope that you do!

3) I really want the ability to do advanced searches and then mass update based on other fields (e.g., set the start date on this subset of tasks to the current start date + 30 days); and I really want better handling of attachments through IOS. If I got the latter, I'd upgrade my subscription to include attachments, which are of no use to me without mobile access, but which could be of great use to me.

Staying tuned eagerly and trying to let optimism win over pessimism... and wondering if you now are having second thoughts about what you've gotten yourselves into!

LATE EDIT: Not all of us have or want LinkedIn accounts, so some of those profile links don't tell us much. Sam, as an ex-Harley rider, I'm much impressed by your motorcycle trip!

This message was edited Jul 08, 2018.
M

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 4
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2018
  • Score: 4
I could swear I posted right after I saw the announcement, but now I don't see (or remember!) my comment - and it's been largely covered by others, anyway.

I will add my two cents that the anonymity (not so much individual names, but the omission of past company affiliations leaves me wanting) is a little disturbing, esp. in light of what I, personally, saw as a fairly blatant drop in interest by Jake in recent months. I could feel Toodledo fading away, so this doesn't surprise me. This is not meant as any kind of insult against Jake - I can't tell you how many times I've thought, over my 8+ years of using Toodledo, "How does he do it??" The product is great, despite our continual "feature" requests, and that's all him. But there was a clear drop-off in postings and updates lately, so I've been researching alternatives for a while in desperation.

And, as others have said - for most Toodledo users, there is no alternative.

I answered your survey. But I'd also like to put in a request for "Toodledo Legacy" on the web to be left alone, as you develop whatever "Toodledo 2.0" becomes. Leave us and our data on the familiar standard, and then let us decide if we want to move to the new platform/version, when you have it ready.

And, as also already requested - don't let pricing get far from where we are now. Features of Toodledo are the driving factor in my staying with it, but pricing played a HUGE role in that, also.
M

Posted Jun 15, 2018 in: Filter options on Saved Searches
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2018
So Jake's answer on 3/1 was wrong? I can save sorts, but not filters?
M

Posted Jun 14, 2018 in: Filter options on Saved Searches
  • M
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2018
This remains a problem, after 3+ months. Am I the only one? I have to reset my filters every time I switch to a different search.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2018
As others have mentioned in other topics, heavy keyboard user, here, having trouble adjusting to the loss of keyboard navigation in the old layout (which I believe I was advised to stay in, having some synch issues) and changes to keyboard navigation in the new layout.

My field order is Folder | Due Date | Repeat | Start Date | Task | Status | Goal | Tag

My habit is to start at the far right, editing new tasks in my "Inbox" folder, to edit the tag, goal, status, and then Folder (which acts as my priority).

I click once in tag and am adjusting to how to edit that without a mouse. Then I back-tab to the other fields. However, when I get to Task and back tab - it jumps me over all the other fields to the left and the cursor ends up on the "Note" icon.

I really hate mice, and I hate touchpads even more, so life is difficult enough for me these days. Some of us "old-timers" just want to stick to the keyboard, where we used to be able to get damned near everything done.

Any idea why I cannot reliably back-tab through ALL of the fields?
M

Posted Mar 24, 2018 in: Filter options on Saved Searches
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2018
This remains a problem.
M

Posted Mar 16, 2018 in: Amazing Marvin
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2018
Sorry -- just realized that this isn't the right forum for my post... Can it be moved?
M

Posted Mar 15, 2018 in: Amazing Marvin
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2018
Has anyone taken a look at, or tried, "Amazing Marvin" (amazingmarvin.com) ?

Expensive, but intriguing... I'm not sure that 30 days is enough for me to know if it'd work for me.
M

Posted Mar 07, 2018 in: Filter options on Saved Searches
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2018
I did try the test in the new section - same (bad) results there, unfortunately.
M

Posted Mar 06, 2018 in: Filter options on Saved Searches
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2018
Jake, sorry for the delay. I believe I was in "classic" tasks.

I select a search, click Modify, click Search, change my filters, click Save Changes.

I select a different search, go thru the same steps (but changing to DIFFERENT filters).

I go back to the first search, and check the filters -- they are set as I set the SECOND search.

I just tested the corresponding steps on the "new" tasks section, and get the same results.
M

Posted Mar 01, 2018 in: Filter options on Saved Searches
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2018
Criminy - I take it back. I swear I switched back and forth and it seemed to hold my filter options (NOT sorting, tag selection, hiding of future, etc.).

Now, however, I changed the settings on a search, went to the OTHER search, and the 2nd search had the filter settings of the first.

So - still a problem, for me.
M

Posted Mar 01, 2018 in: Filter options on Saved Searches
  • M
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2018
Already on, and has been on.

I modified my searches, change the filters to wrong and then right again, then re-saved my search, and it seems to be sticking.

Thanks
M

Posted Feb 28, 2018 in: Filter options on Saved Searches
  • M
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2018
I know this has been discussed, but I don't know if it's been resolved (I did search the forums, but couldn't find the specific answer I want).

Can I save the FILTER OPTIONS (which tags, hide future, etc.) with a SAVED SEARCH?

It seems that the filter options are always whatever-I-set-them-to-last. So, if I'm just viewing tasks and am messing with my filters, then I switch over to a saved search -- any filters that were in effect when I saved my search are NOT necessarily in use.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next