ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Larry2"
Larry2

Posted Jan 01, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2019
  • Score: 0
I'm disappointed they kept the 3 tier pricing. The features in the paid versions all point to business applications. What about individuals or families. I for one have no need for Habits, Graphs, Outlines, or Scheduler. Collaborators is good, unlimited tasks and sub-tasks and Custom Alarms and even only 1 year of history. For that I'd love to see a 4th tier for individuals ("Steel"?) at around $30 per year. Then at least they could aim for more than just business sales. My 2 cents.

Having been in business myself I know it's difficult for a new owner on a number of fronts. Depending on financing and cash equity a new owner may need to start charging a lot more to cover expenses and finance debt. I've seen a number of companies run into that problem.

I really want the new Toodledo to succeed but I have a hunch Aaron is in over his head and hasn't been able to pull everything together yet. Or maybe not. Maybe as you say, he's determined what he wants to charge and goes forward not matter what.

I still have hopes the pricing tiers will change. 200% increases for both the plans will prevent many to subscribe and force more to leave. It's too crowded a market with similar features and lower prices.

This message was edited Jan 01, 2019.
Larry2

Posted Dec 31, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2018
Well, I guess I'm gone. I just checked the pricing starting Jan 1 and now there are 3 plans. Free, Silver, Gold. Same names but wow, the prices.
Old Silver plan (the one I"m on) is now $60/yr where it was $20/yr. 200% increase.

This message was edited Dec 31, 2018.
Larry2

Posted Dec 31, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: November 2018
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2018
edit for latest info.

New prices and plans have been posted. Basic, Silver, Gold. But the Silver, which I'm on, has gone to $60/year from $20.
It's been good, Toodledo. But no way......

Old post:

I'm hoping we'll see an update for December today.

I currently am a Silver subscriber and so that type level is my focus.

Are the prices now set? As of a few minutes ago the old plan was showing with no mention that prices go up Jan 1.

What about third party integration? I don't use the native Toodledo app on my iphone but rather a better one that meets my needs. Will it work in the future? How long will history be kept?

This message was edited Dec 31, 2018.
Larry2

Posted Dec 11, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2018
@J.O.D. Do you know what he means by the third party integration changes? Does that mean other todo apps that integrate with Toodledo will no longer work? I'm thinking of such apps as TaskAngel, 2do, Informant, etc?
Larry2

Posted Dec 07, 2018 in: IFTTT and Toodledo
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2018
I've had problems lately with with IFTTT/Amazon/Toodledo.

I have an Amazon IFTTT applet that I use Alexa to add an item to my shopping list and in the past the applet runs and sends the item to my Toodledo account and proper list. Lately though it has not worked.

Today I went to IFTTT and tried to verity Toodledo service but received a message "Could not connect to service" when trying to verify.

Anyone else having problems?

Has Toodledo tweaked something that prevents IFTTT integration?
Larry2

Posted Nov 18, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2018
While I don't use Toodledo's native apps (iOS is lousy in my view) I do use Task Angel that has a good iOS and Windows app that syncs well with my Silver level Toodledo.

I'm curious about the new pricing structures. The info sent doesn't cover the following. Anyone know the answers?

1. How many items per list? I would hope the standard has the same as the current silver.
2. Are the alarms and reminders in the Standard the same as Silver?
3. What is user provisioning? Not shown under old plan and I suppose those of you in business use understand the value and why that seems to be a good thing but I don't.

Like everyone else, I don't like not being able to email tasks and a lousy 1 week history.

As far as price. Going from $20 to $36, while may be somewhat in line with competition, seems extravagant since there are removed/reduced features and no progress on apps. A better business plan would have been to make some substantial improvements and then announce increases. Then at least the user would have a better idea whether it's worth it. The roadmap doesn't really tell me anything useful. Thankfully I have until August 2019 to make a decision.

That's my 2 cents.....
Larry2

Posted Oct 18, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 4
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
  • Score: 4
Add at least one more tier. From $20 to $60 is unreasonable for a lot of people and I'm one of them. I don't need it for business or anything heavy. Just something to for my grocery list, to dos, projects, etc. that sync across multiple platforms. The Basic is too basic (first shock was no 3rd party integration) and Individual has too many "features" I would never use. Current Silver is good for my needs. Another tier at say $30 which would be about par with Silver seems fair to me.

I'm sorry to be rude but it looks to me like your are wanting 2 things. 1. Generate more money with fewer customer and 2. Aim for business and heavy users. Those of us on the lower use or needs are not your target customers. In other words, not me.

I can't imagine an individual trying out the Basic and then be will to pay for the Individual who only needs to share lists with family members or friends.

I think too you missed the boat. You should have announced some firm plans and features before announcing the increase. You may have been able to generate a discussion on the value of the added features in line with your prices (but $60 is still too high for me).

I haven't checked the forum for comments but, as an example, how about an update on the iOS app? You want to raise prices and haven't generated anything new except for maybe some web stuff.
Larry2

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 1
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
  • Score: 1
Am I reading it right that the Basic ($0) does not have 3rd party integration? I use another app on my iPhone that syncs with my Toodledo account and am currently in the Silver plan. The Basic shows an "-" by third party apps/integration. If that means I have to pay $60 (Individual) to be able to use my other app then I'm out of Toodledo.
Larry2

Posted Jan 08, 2018 in: Folders only in Notes and not Tasks
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2018
Is there a way to have some folders appear only in Notes and not Tasks? Right now all my notes are in the Inbox but being able to break them down to different folders would be helpful as creating a folder puts that folder in both Tasks and Notes. It would be nice if the folders could be marked to be included in either Tasks or Notes or both.
Larry2

Posted May 26, 2015 in: Two email reminders?
  • Larry2
  • Posted: May 26, 2015
For the last week or so I've been receiving two reminder emails each day. I have set up to email reminders of my hotlist and each email is the same.

I can't find any setting that would say send 2 to the same email address. Is this an issue with Toodledo?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3