ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by TheGriff"
TheGriff_2

Posted Jul 13, 2010 in: Tasks or Folders for Projects?
Score: 0
Posted by Jeff:
Thanks TheGriff, I'm not sure I see any difference in your method from what I was going to set up. A Client is basically a Project in our business so using a Folder for a Project would be the same as a Client no? Not sure I understand. Can you clarify? Also, the folders down the side would be no big deal. The sharing and delegating is where I can't see how multiple folders will work for a small business with many projects going on at once.

You have it exactly. For you a Project is a client. Each Project will then have smaller sub-projects (i.e. prewire) and then each sub-project will have tasks (i.e. repair wire).
TheGriff_2

It can get complex when you have many folders that you have to view. Once you've taken up the space along the top of your screen, folders will begin to populate a drop-down style menu to the right of the last displayable folder. Some people find this to be an issue.

I tend to reserve tags for information that helps to describe a task. For example on an Agenda task I might put the name of the person I need to talk to as the tag. I also use tags to track my billable vs. non-billable time.

In your case I might use the tag to indicate who is responsible for the task.

I strongly encourage using my approach...of course I am biased but I think you'll find it simplest in the long run. ;-)
TheGriff_2

So I guess I see that you need to organize two different levels of "Projects". On the one hand you consider each home a project but I am sure each of those homes has many different projects that need completing.

As a consultant I use Folders to keep track of my clients. Then within those folders I use tasks as my projects and subtasks as items to complete those projects.

I might suggest thinking of each individual house as a client and then using tasks as projects for each of those clients/houses.
TheGriff_2

Posted Jul 09, 2010 in: Notes folders don't sync
You must go into each note to be moved, edit the note and then choose the correct folder from the drop down. Don't forget to then save the edit.
TheGriff_2

Go to the main view->folder and then select the folder. You'll likely have to click on 'Filter' and choose 'Show completed tasks'.
TheGriff_2

Posted Jun 30, 2010 in: A little fire underneath your seat
Score: 4
Posted by Transisto:
I don't think a 3 employee company has to be that secretive about what they're working on.

No matter how many feature is being added to Toodledo, if step #1 (the user interface) is broken it will get rejected by most people.
Toodledo is the very opposite of how apple OS attract customers yet it put lots of energy targeting the iPhone users.

I've been keeping quiet for a while now but it's finally time to ask you why you continue to use Toodledo. Just about every post you make is negative. I think everyone who reads these forums understands you feel the user interface is broken and in need of a redesign. While I agree that'd be nice I have NO problems keeping track of my entire day including multiple clients within Toodledo.

While I am all for providing feedback I would hope you might back off just a bit. Your concerns have been heard and repeating them just serves to be annoying to me and I would bet a bunch of other people in this forum.

That said, congrats to Jake and Toodledo! Third place isn't bad but it's good that you still have progress to make. Maybe next year you'll be number 1!
TheGriff_2

Posted Jun 23, 2010 in: Task-Subtask Relationship
It's a good idea but I'd need this configurable. I don't want to check off any parent task (use them as projects) before reviewing that task to ensure it really is complete.
TheGriff_2

Posted Jun 23, 2010 in: Hover on subtaskdisplays parent task
I've seen a few feature requests kicking around for various ways to help people know what the parent task is for any subtask.

What I'd like to see is a hove method put into place. In my mind it'd be nice if one could hover over the subtask icon and the name of its parent task would show in the hover area.

This reduces the need for additional screen real estate needed by other requests while still allowing one to quickly put any subtask "into context".
TheGriff_2

I cannot reproduce this error. Was able to edit a note w/in Chrome just fine.
TheGriff_2

Posted Jun 16, 2010 in: why is there a new "actions" icon?
Part of the update was to allow you to reposition the note icon to the left of the screen. You do this from within your list settings under the settings menu.
TheGriff_2

Posted Jun 16, 2010 in: December 31, 4000
Interesting...I do use a couple of third party iPhone apps. I'll have to check it out.
TheGriff_2

For that matter it might be nice to have a lock for the whole application, not just the notebooks.
TheGriff_2

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: December 31, 4000
I have one task with a completion date of December 31, 4000. How would that happen?
TheGriff_2

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: Bug with repeating subtasks?
I must have been doing something wrong earlier. I was testing this with completed tasks and I think my parent lost it's repeat setting. Seems to be working now.

To be clear though, I can check off child tasks as I do them and then they'll regenerate when I check off the parent, right?
TheGriff_2

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: Bug with repeating subtasks?
Maybe I don't understand how subtasks are meant to repeat, maybe it's not clear or maybe it's a bug.

I setup a Weekly cleaning task with several subtasks. The weekly task has start and due dates. The subtasks have repeat with parent set and no start or due dates.

According to the help when I check off the parent task my subtasks should regenerate under the parent.

I'm not seeing this happen. What does happen is the parent gets regenerated with no subtasks.

Am I doing something wrong here?
TheGriff_2

Posted Jun 08, 2010 in: I predict an update today...
Anyone notice the sudden addition of what looks like a square Lego that says "Click for Actions" when hovered over?
TheGriff_2

Posted May 19, 2010 in: Time tracking
I might suggest using subtasks for those items that take longer than a day.
TheGriff_2

Posted May 11, 2010 in: Timer for iPhone App
Any chance you could at least let us manually update the field and sync (as with any change) after update?
TheGriff_2

Posted Jan 22, 2010 in: iPhone Section on the Forums
Would we then have a section for BB, Droid, etc?

I like the idea...but perhaps a Mobile Devices section might be better?
TheGriff_2

Posted Jan 22, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
True...but I've always considered the priority of a GTD item to be non-defined. In a paper system I wouldn't go through placing numeric priority on items.

I've always brought priority in at time of determining what to do now. For example the call to my doctor might has a higher priority over the call to Mom because the discussion is more urgent.

Posted by cjuzda:
Not exactly correct according to GTD. Priority is one of the four key components for choosing "Actions in the Moment" so it is certainly acknowledged by GTD that some things are more important (Bigger Rocks?) than others.

Posted by TheGriff:
What do you mean "big rock"? I think you're trying to bring Covey into GTD. ;-)

If something must be done today it should have a date to make it so...otherwise all the rocks are the same when it comes to GTD.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next