ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by sventhebrit"
sventhebrit

Posted Mar 06, 2009 in: Due Date
Score: 0
Hi There,
I am using Toodledo, Toodledo iPhone app and the Outlook Sync tool.
I have noticed a strange issue with the due dates in relation to the Toodledo website and the Toodledo iPhone app.
I have approx 160 tasks in 6 folders. I have a number of task which are due on Mon 9th March and these are displayed on the website as Mar 09, 2009. On my iphone app, the date displayed is 8 Mar 2009(Sun).
This is the same for other tasks in the future too, all the dates are out by 1 day.
I updated a task (8 Mar 2009) on the iPhone and reset to the 9 Mar 2009 and it updated the main website correctly - so the sync is working. I then purged everything off my iPhone and downloaded all the tasks again -- the date remained correct on the website, but again it was now reset to a day earlier on the iPhone.
Tasks in the past and tasks occuring tomorrow seems to have the date set correctly on the website and the iPhone app.
Strange problem I know -- anyone else seeing it ?
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Mar 06, 2009 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
Posted by Vin Thomas:
I have been using Dial2Do mainly for my ToodleDo. It is great when I am driving and need to make sure my task gets recorded. It's like Jott, but free!

Me too - it works very well.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Feb 19, 2009 in: In iPhone app there is no context
There is
sventhebrit

Posted Feb 18, 2009 in: Context vs Tags
Score: 1
Example: Top Level Task - Design Website
For all my sub-task, I use a tag called "Design Website"

@Proximo - I like that idea.
Thanks
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Feb 16, 2009 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.4 is Available
Keef,
I tested the update this morning and I didn't receive any duplicates after the first sync.
All working well.
Thank you
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Feb 14, 2009 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.4 is Available
Thanks Keef,
I will try this on Monday when I am in the Office.

Can I just check something, to update I need to:
1) Perform a last sync, so my Outlook and ToodleDo Web are in sync with each other (I always export my tasks to XML as well just in case).
2) Closed down the Outlook Sync Tool
3) Remove the Outlook Sync Tool using Control Panel
4) Install the new version (v0.9.9.4)
5) Sync Again

The reason I ask is that occasionally I get duplicate tasks in the process. It isn't a major problem, but I wanted to make sure I was doing the upgrade correctly.

Thanks
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Feb 13, 2009 in: Date Stamp
@Sheep-Dog
Have you thought about using Autohotkey to do this. You can programme a hotstring so that when you type "dt" it would immediately transpose in to the current time
ie. 13 Feb 2009 10:26 PM

You can get details of the package from www.autohotkey.com and a sample script you could use would be

:*:dt::
FormatTime, CurrentDateTime,, dd MMM yyyy hh:mm tt
SendInput %CurrentDateTime%
return

It is a very useful tool. If you are thinking of taking a look, then check out http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm for a quick start. The script I included above was taken from the http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotstrings.htm webpage (I have modified it slightly).

Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Feb 07, 2009 in: can't create new task via email
Posted by tatsumi:
I set up secret email address on import menu, but I can't create new task via email. Any limitation of language or so?

I am having the same problem today -- it normally works fine. I dropped an email to the developer, so hopefully it will be sorted soon.
Steve

This message was edited Feb 07, 2009.
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 27, 2009 in: Adding a note
Ron,

To add a note from the Toodledo Website, click on the icon which is on the far right of the task (when viewing in Grid Format) -- the icon looks like a document with a + on it.

When there is a note, the icon changes to a slight darker icon with a orange line at the bottom

Steve
sventhebrit

Kurt,

There is already a Macro which does this, but unfortunately each time I post the link it gets corrupted. Search for Mark Grimes in the forum and it comes up.

It works reasonably well -- although I too fancied something more automated.

I created a Outlook Form and Macro that runs within Outlook. If you select a mailnote and then click on the macro button, it pops up a form very similar to the Firefox "add task form". You can then pre-fill in various fields - Next Action, folder, status, context, tag, days to remind, etc - and it creates the task in Outlook for you. You can then use the outlook sync tool to sync with the main website -- it creates fields called tdcontext and tdtag, so it interfaces quite well with Toodledo.

It was my first attempt at a Outlook Custom Form and Macro -- I pulled lots of code from the web and patched it all together, but I can share the code if anyone is interested (I also need to work out how to share the form)

Thanks
Steve

This message was edited Jan 23, 2009.
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 22, 2009 in: Tasks repeating themselves!
Just an idea -- if the problem is with tasks which you have specified repeats, and you are using Outlook with the Chromatic Dragan sync app -- make sure that you only specify "repeats" either in Outlook or on the Toodledo site - not both.

I personally prefer setting any repeat tasks on the Toodledo Site.

Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 17, 2009 in: MS Office Pop up on Sync
Add an 'l' to the end of the link making it "html" at the end.
I tried re-posting the full link, but each time it posts it seems to distort it by adding a space.

Steve

This message was edited Jan 17, 2009.
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 11, 2009 in: Contexts on the iTouch
Score: 1
Hi There,
Go into Settings > Fields and Defaults. Click on Reorder and then drag the Context field from Unused to Used. To drag, use the symbol on the right that appears when you click on Reorder. Click done when you are finished.
Hope this helps
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 10, 2009 in: Using Add a Task
Looking closer, it only loses the default folder (which I have set to @ To be Processed).

I can replicate the problem -- If I am in "View by Folder" and I have the "All Tasks" tab selected. I click on add a task -- it has my defaults pre-filled in. If I then add another task, it loses the default for the folder.

Also is I click "Add Task" and then select cancel and then click "Add Task" again, my folder default dissapears then too.

I will check with IE in the office on Monday.

Steve
sventhebrit

Not sure if this will help, but I remember seeing somewhere that the Firefox plugin on the Firefox addins site was outdated (I think it says it in the comments for the plugin) -- this affected Firefox for the PC, so could be a similar problem for the Mac too.

You can download the latest version from http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php

If it doesn't fix the problem, then it will be helpful to know what version of Firefox you are using.

Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 10, 2009 in: Using Add a Task
Hi There,

If I am viewing my Task list and I click on the the link at the top to add task - the options are prefilled in to the values I have specified in my account settings (New task defaults)

If I then add another task by clicking on the add task link (whilst the task I just added is still in green at the top), I don't have any defaults anymore. If I refresh my task list, then the defaults work again.

Not a big issue, but maybe you can take a look if working on that part of the website.

For info, I am using Firefox v3.05 on XP SP3.

Thanks
Steve

This message was edited Jan 10, 2009.
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 09, 2009 in: deleting repeating tasks
You can do this.
Goto your account settings and enable Trashcan. This puts a trashcan over to the right of the screen next to each task. Click on the Trashcan to delete the task for good.
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 09, 2009 in: Filtering on multiple contexts
You can do this using the Search option. I have a custom search that is titled "Not Personal" and shows all details from all my other folders --- it omits my personal folder. You can do exactly the same with Contexts.

See this for details ... https://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

Regards
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 05, 2009 in: change multiple tasks
This is already available. See ...
http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

All the info you need should be on this link, but basically you use a search to identify all the tasks you want to edit and then use a tool called Multi Edit.

Regards
Steve
sventhebrit

Posted Jan 05, 2009 in: Inconsistent synchronization
Great that it is working now, but I have a couple of hundred tasks all syncing perfectly between the Toodledo Website and my iPhone. I can add and delete from the main site and the iPhone and they have always remained in sync -- so let hope your teething problems are now sorted.

In terms of syncing your calendar, I did come across this site - http://www.nuevasync.com/ - it sounds interesting, but I have never tried it. It states that it will sync the iPhone/iTouch with Google Calendar so this may be another option for you.

Steve
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next