ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mark_1337909683"
mark_1337909683

Posted Sep 26, 2013 in: Task alarm bug
Score: 0
Tasks are edited either device or Outlook--never website. What u describe is possible but, IMHO, improbable--at least for my condition. The device was synced numerous times between time change and bad alarm. I'll come back if the problem reoccurs--

Thanks--

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Sep 24, 2013 in: Task alarm bug
I know you all are looking into some instances of tasks with alarms invoking odd behavior.

Though I've run into the following problem on and off over the past month or 2, it wasn't until today that I could say with certainty that I've confirmed an instance of a wayward task alarm.

The task is Costco. It is originated on my desktop Outlook and sync'd to you using Gsyncit. The Task had initially been set for today, Tuesday. I changed the due date from Tuesday to Thursday either the end of last week or this past weekend. I'm not sure what iPhone calls it but my phone displayed your task alarm up through the blank timed out screen (I wasn't using the device).

I checked your website just now and the Costco task correctly shows Thursday.

There are 2 common denominators to similar instances of this problem. 1st, it only occurs on a task with an alarm that I've changed the due date. 2nd, the alarm always shows ~1 minute before. I always change the (in this instance) Costco dates in Outlook--Outlook does not have an ~1 minute, just you. Also, the alarm went off this p.m. and I always set the Outlook task alarm to the my preset default of 8 a.m.

Hope this helps--

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Sep 09, 2013 in: Sync stall
I'm not sure what you mean by alarms that 'come from device'. I frequently have alarms associated with tasks. ~95% of the time, the alarms are set in Outlook and synced to you. Even if the alarm were to be set on the app, it would still be syncd back to outlook and later sync back to you.

For example, excluding today (I've addressed the 2 tasks with today alarms) there are 2 tasks up to including Thursday that have alarms.

I would guess that during a given week I have 2-4 alarms set at any given time within a 7 day window. There are a lot more if you were to include all tasks--some of which may alarm a year or 3 out.

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Sep 06, 2013 in: Sync stall
There have been ~2 updates since I first posted this issue. If you are still working the problem--fine.

In the event you all think it's fixed, I'm advising that (from my end) it remains problematic.

Whenever I open the application with sync on no work can be performed until sync has completed.

When sync is set to off, there still remains a stall period--just not as time significant as the previous.

Mark

This message was edited Sep 07, 2013.
mark_1337909683

Posted Aug 06, 2013 in: Suggestion
There's one other related possible problem that I'd like to report given that my earlier post in this thread appeared to possibly make sense.

I'd swear that the 'time to sync' has significantly increased seemingly as a function of a recent iPhone app update.

When the sync bar goes solid and the text says 'complete' the solid bar will sit there for at least 5 seconds (I haven't gone so far as timing it so the time is a gut impression).

EDIT: Please disregard this post. I checked the sync at home adjacent to the WiFi router and the sync performed correctly. The problem I referred to must be location related.

Mark

This message was edited Aug 06, 2013.
mark_1337909683

Posted Aug 06, 2013 in: Suggestion
The cellphone that I'm currently using is the iPhone 4.
mark_1337909683

Posted Aug 05, 2013 in: Suggestion
FYI--the app is unresponsive during sync (that's why I turn same off at the gym). But I presumed the app couldn't do both sync and perform at the same time so I didn't mention this in my post.

If sync is on and I can Add a Task before sync starts then the typing will stall and type ahead characters will be held in the buffer until sync is complete otherwise if sync had started before and I hit the button and then attempt the button, the button is unresponsive until after sync completion.

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Aug 02, 2013 in: Suggestion
Win7-->gSyncit-->iOS

When at the gym and on an aerobic machine, the > blood flow to my brain seems to stimulate thinking. IOWs I'm constantly coming up with new tasks, task modifications and web snippets--so I turn sync off to allow for my constant open, closing and task change within the app.

With sync off I would expect there to be no app hesitation in allowing a New Task upon opening the app. However, it seems that the app, with sync off, wants to check back with you before allowing the New Task button to work--or at least that's the impression I get for the app not immediately responding to the button.

In summary, if all sync is turned off, shouldn't access to the New Task button (or the settings button) be instantaneous?

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Jul 04, 2013 in: iPhone Task/Note sync off stall?
When I'm at the gym, on a machine, with a profusion of 02--I generally come up with a steady stream of ideas to add to tasks. For this reason I turn off sync.

However, each time I open the app there's a couple of second stall (no where near as long as required for sync) before the app will allow me to Add a task.

I'm curious why there's the stall if the sync is turned off.
mark_1337909683

Posted Jun 26, 2013 in: Notes--Heads up
Per yesterday's iOS update my notes folders are now syncing correctly.

Thanks,

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted May 08, 2013 in: Missing (carriage) return key?
Sorry for the incorrect information.

I'm used to Outlook notes that do not have a title and, not looking at the top of the screen, simply assumed I was typing in the body as in Outlook.

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted May 08, 2013 in: A folder question
FYI

As of your today's app update, note folders still do not sync.
mark_1337909683

Posted Apr 27, 2013 in: Missing (carriage) return key?
No--

Return as in an Enter Key, Return Key, key that inserts a hard return in the text used for creating a new paragraph.
mark_1337909683

Posted Apr 25, 2013 in: Missing (carriage) return key?
I started syncing Outlook Notes with the intent of using TD Notes vs. OL-->iPhone Notes. When the current folder syncing problem is fixed, I'll continue doing so.

However, yesterday I needed to paste some data into a new Note and I tried, for the first time, using the TD Note to create new and realized a problem.

Whereas the iPhone Note editor has a dedicated (hard) Return key, the TD editor keyboard does not.

Absent the iPhone Return key, how does one insert hard returns while editing a new note (creating paragraphs)?

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Mar 30, 2013 in: A folder question
I added Note folders on the website. I then assigned all my notes to the appropriate folder on the website. If I now click on the Folder tab on the notes page all the notes indicate an associated folder.

However, when I view notes on the iPhone although all the folder names display the folders all say 0--the folders are empty.

If I view not by folder, all the notes are correctly listed.

Why ok on the website and not the phone?
mark_1337909683

Posted Mar 03, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 1
In terms of layout and appearance the new interface works well except for the color of action labels such as Done, Edit (New Note being off white changing with contact works)--they are grey to the point of almost appearing 'greyed out' (not functioning). When I press a button the color does not change and I'm never certain the app has received the command--particularly in light of the delayed response. I'm still usually 'looking' for the 'add a note' every time I wish to do so with it not being clear to me but that's something that would likely become familiar with use.

More importantly is the performance. Although not suffering the extreme sluggishness of the original revised version, this version is still markedly slow to respond compared to the interface you are replacing.

I've found this problem throughout Tasks. The Add Task button will not respond until after the app syncs and the sync does not occur immediately upon open (compared to the traditional interface). Attempting to search across Tasks is really awfully slow with the first letter of a search term not appearing after typing for a couple of seconds and then a slightly quicker but still delayed response on each successive typed letter.

Hope this helps--

Mark

This message was edited Mar 03, 2013.
mark_1337909683

Posted Dec 02, 2012 in: Revisit rich text formatting?
I searched the forum and saw that there was a thread on this subject with no apparent answer from the developers.

From what I understand, syncing Outlook tasks via gSycnit converts text fields to plain text for compatibility with Toodledo plain text.

I'm curious, is there a steep technical hurdle for Toodledo to allow as an option text areas to be either plain or rich text?

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Dec 02, 2012 in: Type text during sync--app stalls
I guess the subject sounds like a reasonable app action during a sync process. However, after the latest version, the stall is noticeable by its presence vs. non-presence during previous versions.

To be clear, I can Add a Task and start typing before the app commences a sync and then at some point while typing the app ability to type ceases until the sync that had started at some point (the start/finish of which is not noticeable since I'm in the text area screen)completes. If I've tried typing during the typing suspension once the sync is complete several characters from the buffer appear.

Remembering I was the user reporting sync failures in areas of poor reception, I'm now wondering if the condition that I'm now reporting has more to do with my specifics than the general. You all fixed the problem that I previously reported. However, there are 2 residuals: 1) understandably and even under the previous version, the time that Toodledo takes to negotiate a yes/no on connection takes a bit longer than areas of good reception. 2) on this new version after a successful sync the sync bar remains in place for a second or two. I'm wondering if these condition in conjunction with some associative change in the new version impacts my subject point?

Mark

This message was edited Dec 02, 2012.
mark_1337909683

Posted Dec 01, 2012 in: Change point size?
Regarding tasks that have been synced from Outlook to the iPhone 4--

With particular regard to the most recent Toodledo version, I have not found a way to Decrease the point size on the Toodledo task subject line or Increase the point size of the Task notes area.

Is it possible to regulate the font size in either of these instances?

Thanks,

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Nov 10, 2012 in: Keep copy of data
I'd like to thank you guys for taking my problem seriously and fixing the software so that it behaves properly absent a signal.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next