• Score: -1
I'm not seeing a picture...
ben

Posted Sep 15, 2011 in: Backups using wget on windows
Score: 1
  • ben
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2011
  • Score: 1
Is anyone automatically backing up their Toodledo data?

If so, how?

Thanks,
-Ben
ben

Posted Aug 25, 2011 in: Falling off the (GTD) Wagon
Score: 0
  • ben
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2011
  • Score: 0
Kevin,

See this post...

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/4/12035/0/traps-that-can-be-avoided.html

I've recently fallen into the trap of assigning too many due dates that are arbitrary. The "out of the blue" stuff that you reference comes up forcing me to adjust dates.

-Ben
ben

Posted Aug 20, 2011 in: Hiding from Work!
Score: -1
  • ben
  • Posted: Aug 20, 2011
I set TD up using Proximo's framework (see thread this forum) and use context to filter personal, work, and several other "high level" contexts that are meaningful to me. My folders are then context filtered to flip between work, personal, etc.

For people I have them in my action folder with a P- at the beginning of the entry to keep them blocked. For each item that I need to talk to someone about I add a subtask.

Unfortunately I have to carry 2 phones, one for work and one personal. Fortunately, both are Android and I am running a TD client on each with preset filters for Work and Personal.

-Ben
ben

Posted Aug 19, 2011 in: Backups using wget on windows
  • ben
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2011
I'm trying to implement the backup scheme from this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/2227/-12359/back-up-your-toodledo-data-with-wget.html#end

with this code:

@rem export Toodledo XML
set filename=%DATE:~10,4%%DATE:~4,2%%DATE:~7,2%-toodledo

@rem sign in and get cookie

wget --quiet --no-check-certificate --save-cookies=cookies.txt --post-data "[email protected]&&pass=password" https://www.toodledo.com/signin.php > null.txt

@rem get tasks, notes, activity history
pause

wget -O %filename%-tasks.xml --quiet --load-cookies=cookies.txt http://www.toodledo.com/tools/xml.php > null.txt
wget -O %filename%-notes.csv --quiet --load-cookies=cookies.txt https://www.toodledo.com/tools/csv_notes.php > null.txt
wget -O %filename%-activity.html --quiet --load-cookies=cookies.txt https://www.toodledo.com/activity.php > null.txt

@rem get rid of the cookies and null files
del cookies.txt
del null.txt

I'm getting a cookie just fine but after that wget is not able to cause the exports as intended, I end up with a file containing the main screen php code and an export file with 0 bytes. My intent is to back up on a nightly basis as I am experimenting with a new smartphone application and don't want to dork my data up. Help please!

Thanks,
-Ben

This message was edited Aug 19, 2011.
ben

• ben
  • Posted: Aug 13, 2011
Posted by ben:
Posted by Toodledo:
This should be fixed now. Can you please try again and let us know?

Confirmed fixed on Chrome and IE9, will validate on IE7 at work tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick response!
-Ben

Confirmed on IE7 as well.
ben

• ben
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
This should be fixed now. Can you please try again and let us know?

Confirmed fixed on Chrome and IE9, will validate on IE7 at work tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick response!
-Ben
ben

• ben
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2011
I have Star set to off for new tasks (defaults settings) yet when I enter a new task it comes up starred. I am on IE7 currently (not by choice mind you) when this occurs.

I believe this behavior started after the last update.

Thanks,
-Ben
ben

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Please fix the left sidebar!
  • ben
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2011
I am one of the 5% that collapsed the left side to gain back screen real-estate. However I was able to regain enough space with the new layout by shrinking the width of several columns. Of course depening on how many columns you have selected to be active YMMV as to whether you can get back to one screen wide without needing to scroll.

I am not put off by what is on the left now and based on my use of folders I would no longer be colapsing anyway.

Thanks,
-Ben
ben

• ben
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2011
Please consider defaulting the context of a subtask to the parent when adding a new entry. Usage scenario, I have my system set up with the "Proximo design methodology" so whenever I enter subtasks the folder is picked up but the context is pulled from the default setting. Perhaps this can be a configuration flag, populate default, populate parent?

Thank you for your consideration on this request and more importantly thank you for your outstanding support!!!

I really like the new layout!!!

-Ben
ben

Posted Jul 30, 2011 in: Android Easy Task/Note Entry
  • ben
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2011
Posted by android_1311784418:
This sounds neat! Who's the publisher of this app? It looks like there are at least two apps on the Android market called 'Voice Search', and neither one of them claims to support command-and-control type functionality.

Voice Search by Google aka Voice Actions requires 2.2 of Android or greater and your phone must be set to English.

http://www.google.com/mobile/voice-actions/
ben

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • ben
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2011
Posted by robert.lynch:
Posted by Sirrick:
my question is: how do you decide your next actions for that day, and sorry if this is an easy question, but I don't know yet how to solve it.

I've just recently listened to all the free podcasts at davidco.com, so I have an answer from David Allen Himself about this.

He is okay with setting up a "hotlist" of things you actually intend to work on for a given day. If you want to make sure you deal with 5 or 10 of your 100 actions, feel free to break them out into a separate list to focus on.

When you're done with that, you can then look on the larger list and see what else you want to tackle.

That was a great relief for me to hear, because I've been using Toodledo's due dates to create that kind of focus and stage things for future dates.

If I have a list of 5 things, I'll work my way down the list. If I have 15 things, I end up dithering in an attempt to optimize.

Instead of making a new list or moving stuff around I star items that I want to work on and then filter on stared items.

-Ben
ben

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Still no native android app?
Score: -1
  • ben
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Posted by Dave:
They have announced they are working on a native app, but no timeline given. Not sure why people are upset, the apps available are very good. Probably better than the first release of a native app. I keep coming back to Due Today, but there are a few very good ones (Ultimate todo and DGT)

I've been very satisfied with Due Today. The developer is pretty responsive. There are some improvements in the works that should take the widget to the next level.

-Ben
ben

• ben
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2011
Posted by Qrystal:
Hmm, maybe now I'll find something I can customize just a little bit more, instead of just waiting for an update that allows removal of fields I don't use...and allowing me to ACTUALLY SEE my subtasks, which Got to Do couldn't. Ultimate To-Do looks like it will be awesome, if slightly less good-looking.

Due Today can also display subtasks, suggest you check it out as well.
ben

• ben
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2011
Posted by mamoooth:
.. and I've seen some comments that 3rd. apps could have problems with synchronization. If this is the case, this makes them no option. Because obviously I need something that I fully trust :) i.e., I shouldn't worry about any tasks which are not synced properly or anything like that.

The world we live in is complicated. Paper and pencil has its own pitfalls. Toodledo as a service has experience its own sets of issues on occasion, we learn, we pick up the pieces, we improve and we move on. To expect 100% trustworthy perfection is asking for disappointment. I agree with your sentament that our productivity tools should be reliable however i'm also realistic that things do happen.

When trying new tools / methods you might consider backing your data up prior to trying the new software. This is exactly the approach I took when I installed Due Today last week. So far so good, doesn't mean I won't experience issues in the future but at least now I have a working scrollable widget on my Evo (soon to have Pure Calendra integration) and it works on my Xoom as well. (oh and I learne dhow to export my data from Toodledo) 4 steps forward...

BTW the author of Due Today, Chris, appears to be very responsive to enhancement requests, I have not had the experience personally but watching his interaction with other folks lead me to believe that he is interested making his product as viable as possible for as many people as possible.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2011.
ben

• ben
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2011
Posted by Hartl:
+1

I'm very interested. My current Pro Plus subscription will expire in September. And if there is still no Toodledo Android App available I will not extend my subscription any more.

Hartl, there are several Toodledo sync capable Android apps. I am using Due Today, I have a coworker friend that is using Ultimate Todo list. I started out with GotToDo, it was the first, and was sad to see the posting about not being continued. I jumped on Due Today as they are now working on integration with Pure Calendar Widget (highly recommend, aggregates all of the calendars you choose into one comprehensive view) which allows calendar events to show up from toodle do in my calendar list.

I'm not sure threatening to abandon a paid subscription (how your post comes accross to me) is very motivating. Toodledo is a wonderful tool, it is also a business. Android is making great strides in market penetration but when you comare to what is available to iOS, phone, touch, pad, the numbers really don't add up. Application development costs money, doing it well takes time and talent. I would much rather see continued development in the core of Toodledo cloud service and continued partnerships with 3rd parties for the various platforms, it's a win win. Just my 2 cents.
ben

Posted Sep 21, 2010 in: My Got To Do GTD Set-up
  • ben
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2010
+1 on Pure Calendar Widget, one of the best convergence apps I have ever seen, developer is super responsive!
ben

Posted Sep 02, 2009 in: Plugin for ActiveWords
  • ben
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2009
Buzz thanks for your help yesterday, the Toodledo plugin installation issue was addressed by upgrading to v1.95, yay!

Fantastic support for an excellent product! I'll report back next week once I've had some time to play with this.

-Ben
ben

Posted Sep 01, 2009 in: Plugin for ActiveWords
  • ben
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2009
I also thought about combining AW with this...

http://toodledo.rubyforge.org/toodledo/

Anyone implemented this ruby API for ToodleDo on windows for command line entry?

-Ben
ben

Posted Sep 01, 2009 in: Plugin for ActiveWords
  • ben
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2009
Buzz I've been an ActiveWords user for years and am very excited about the ToodleDo plugin. However when I try to install it gives me the error "The WordBase you are trying to insert is intended for use only with ActiveWords SE" I am running ActiveWords Plus v1.9 What's up with this?

ActiveWords Plug - If you are a Windows user Get it!!! I saw David Allen many years ago at a GTD seminar and this is one of the productivity tools he talked about. The mouse is a horribly inefficient time suck, keyboard as much as you can, AW is your path, extremely powerful!

Thanks
-Ben

update: corresponding directly with Buzz via email, will update with solution once we work it out.

This message was edited Sep 01, 2009.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next