ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Duo

Posted Jul 17, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 0
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2019
  • Score: 0
Posted by jsmail63-reg:
[...]

One thing I really don't like about ToDoIst is it's history. In Toodledo, I can check off a task, and that task remains in the search history for as long as my subscription level supports it.

In ToDoIst, you check off the task, and far as I know, it's no longer searchable. Sure, it shows up for a WHILE (I think 2 weeks?) in the 'completed tasks' section say, of a particular folder, but after that - it's not directly searchable.

[...]

@jsmail63-reg,

I know of three ways to see completed tasks going back to the beginning of your usage. However, I have a Premium subscription and unfortunately I don't remember how Todoist handles completed tasks without one.

1) In Todoist if you search for a task by name using the 'Quick Search' bar you will then be given the option to search completed tasks (and comments). I just tested this and I was able to find a task from 2013.

The thing is though, that you do need to be able to remember a word from the title or comments.

2) If you are in a project you can click on 'Show completed tasks' which will show the first 30 completed tasks in that project. At the bottom should be a 'Fetch more...' button, which will fetch the next 30 tasks and so on.

3) If you click on the Karma you will have the option to 'View all completed tasks'. This will initially show you the completed tasks from this week and last week or the last 30 completed tasks if 30 or more tasks have been completed in the period.

You then need to click on the 'Load more history...' link at the bottom of the page to load the next 30 tasks or the next week's history.

I think that if you have more than 30 tasks in a weekly period it will just load 30 tasks every time but if you have 30 or less tasks in a weekly period it will load one week at a time.

At the top you can select the project, the collaborator to search for and the task status including 'Added tasks' and 'Updated tasks'.

Hope this helps.

This message was edited Jul 17, 2019.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2019
Posted by Taap Ohnm:
[...]
EDIT: Please ignore this question. The three-level hierarchy is working fine now just as it did previously. Thank you.

Outlines should have unlimited levels of hierarchy, not just three. Try adding more than three to see if you can.
Duo

Posted May 20, 2019 in: Dangerous Bug
  • Duo
  • Posted: May 20, 2019
I think that this has been reported by other users on these forums and I think that some people raised support tickets (although I'm not certain).

If you search you may find the relevant posts.

I consider it to be a critical bug. I can only hope that Toodledo are aware of it and are working on it as a top priority.
Duo

Posted May 15, 2019 in: Subtasks and emailing tasks
  • Duo
  • Posted: May 15, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Duo

Posted May 12, 2019 in: Hiding Future Tasks
  • Duo
  • Posted: May 12, 2019
I said filters in my reply but I meant Smart Lists.

I had a quick try with my RTM account and a query like:

startBefore:Today OR start:never OR start: Today

should list all tasks that have a start date of today or earlier or no start date at all.

Posted by Michael_49:
TickTick doesn't hide tasks. You have to use "Smart Lists" (I even reached out to their admin team to verify). In my opinion, as soon as I have to rely on filters I'll have another layer of complexity and visual clutter.

Are you confirming that TickTick can also do it with Smart Lists?
Duo

Posted May 12, 2019 in: Hiding Future Tasks
  • Duo
Can't you hide them using Start Dates and filters with RTM?

Possibly also the same way with TickTick but I never had a premium subscription to test this.
Duo

Posted May 12, 2019 in: Subtasks and emailing tasks
Score: 1
  • Duo
  • Score: 1
Posted by Larry2:
I can't speak with any authority but I would assume subtasks should become tasks. I say should but I could also see them disappearing. I suggest you contact tech support about that. I'd appreciate you posting back with what you find.

When Jake was in charge subtasks would become tasks - I changed my subscription status a few times over the years and saw this happen more than once.

However, with the changes made by the new owners, who knows? So as Larry2 said, ask.

Posted by Larry2:

As far as email, from all reports I've seen there is no grandfathering. The level is what it is and yes you need the plus level to email tasks. I'd go ahead and ask for grandfathering but I doubt you'll get a favorable answer. If you do, a lot of us would want to be grandfathered too.

Going by what they had posted here in the forums before, the new owners didn't (and maybe still don't) know what grandfathering means in the context of existing users, pricing plans and features but it's worth a try.
Duo

Posted May 10, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 2
  • Duo
  • Posted: May 10, 2019
  • Score: 2
Posted by AA:

I just don't think Jake would have slapped his loyal customers with double the subscription price all of a sudden. What does that tell us? If such desperate measures are required (?) here, it can only tell us this may be the last-ditch attempt to save Toodledo from extinction. How can you expect "good vibes" from that?

The introduction of advertising for free users (so far), the large price increases for new and existing users, the moving of relied upon features from one tier to the next for new and existing users, the shoddy development practices, the poor management of the changes around pricing, features and privacy, the lack of understanding of the product, the product space and its users, long-time users abandoning ship... I don't think this story is moving towards "Happily ever after" but I hope I'm wrong.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: May 08, 2019
Yes, I see this on the free version.
Duo

• Duo
Duo

• Duo
Since when has this been a thing?

I switched to the new layout to double-check something before answering a question someone asked and to my surprise there were adverts in the sidebar.

I am from the EU and I certainly didn't specifically opt into the sharing of my data with or agree to accept cookies from third parties for the purpose of advertising, as the GDRP legislation requires.

Also, I remember Aaron saying this last year,

"We are not adding advertising to Toodledo. We strongly believe the existing subscription model is the best model for us and our users"

when replying in a thread about a change in the privacy policy that seemed to allow advertising.

So, when did he go back on this and start selling his users to advertisers?

The content of Aaron's reply from last year is below:

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26265/-117915/new-privacy-policy-advertisements.html
New Privacy Policy: Advertisements

Posted: Oct 25, 2018

"Hi everyone,

I want to set the record straight. We’re updating our Policies to reflect changes in data privacy laws. We’ve added details about your ability to manage the information you share with us, and the new tools we’ve created to help you do that.

This updated Policy will give you more control over your information and more clearly explains how we use it. Our core commitments regarding your privacy haven’t changed.

+ We are not adding advertising to Toodledo. We strongly believe the existing subscription model is the best model for us and our users
+ We are using paid acquisition to grow our new user base, which includes advertising to our target audience. We’ve mentioned this in the past here and here. The new language covers the tools we use to target and track conversion and ROI of these marketing efforts.

Thanks,
Aaron"
Duo

• Duo
Posted by SirLouen:
Same apply for birthdays for example? Setting Start Date to the birthday date and then setting repeat to Anually?

If you set it to repeat Yearly or every 1 Year, if using the new layout, (from the due date) this should work.
Duo

Posted May 07, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Duo
  • Posted: May 07, 2019
Posted by anders:

[...]

-- Convert completed tasks, not via checbox in Toodledo, but via giving them a context called "Completed-task". Thus keeping my historical tasks, and keeping them out of my way, since i view tasks by context anyway.

[...]

- Anders

You may also be able to add completed tasks to a Google Sheet or a text file in dropbox using IFTTT for easy reference.
Duo

Score: 4
  • Duo
  • Posted: May 04, 2019
  • Score: 4
Set the Start Date and / or the Due Date to the 15th and set repeat to "Monthly"
Duo

Posted May 03, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Duo
  • Posted: May 03, 2019
Posted by GSP1963:

Looking at Nirvana, Remember the Milk, and TickTick.

Please don't bother with Nirvana. It was effectively abandoned many years ago.

They update the look of the website every now and then and maybe even make a small app change every 12-18 months and they have also just changed the prices from the $39/yr I paid in 2016 when I subscribed to $29/yr and $49/forever now.

However, as I said above, this is basically abandonware and the new $49/forever pricing doesn't fill me with confidence since it is not much more than many others (e.g. RTM) charge for a year.
Duo

Posted Mar 21, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Duo
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2019
@jzamoras Did they reply? If not it may be worth posting on the Help forum, which you can reach from the web app (and maybe the mobile app), they usually interact with people there.

My personal experience in the past is that they have added a significant new feature that I and others have asked for, although it wasn't a bug fix so it took a little while.

Posted by jzamoras:
Posted by Duo:
@jzamoras are the TickTick developers aware of this?

Posted by jzamoras:
I'm waiting for full import in ticktick to jump ship.

I raised the import bug few weeks ago, I haven't tried it again. The bug is about repeating tasks and subtasks.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2019
I found ClickUp in December, thanks to members of these forums being driven to discuss alternatives to Toodledo.

I trailed it extensively and at the time I thought it needed several more months of work to be really useful to me.

Well, the web version 2.0 is going to be released shortly and the Android mobile version 2.0 should be released soon after that.

They add new features to the software every week and have added a number of significant new features since I started using it, not just minor updates.

I'm looking forward to version 2.0.
Duo

Posted Feb 23, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Duo
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2019
@jzamoras are the TickTick developers aware of this?

Posted by jzamoras:
I'm waiting for full import in ticktick to jump ship.
Duo

Posted Feb 23, 2019 in: Toodledo on Apple Watch 4
  • Duo
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2019
Have a look at Remember The Milk and TickTick.

Posted by rc_1336054333:
Hi, I just bought an Apple Watch and sad to find out I can’t use Toodledo on it? I tried switching to 2Do but it’s interface is too confusing. Are there any other GTD apps with saved searches and start dates that do work with Apple Watch? I’ve been a long time Toodledo user but it might be time to look elsewhere if it’s not being updated and I paid for a subscription.
Duo

Posted Feb 18, 2019 in: Tag cloud sort has reversed...
  • Duo
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2019
From the January Blog post

https://blog.toodledo.com/january-2019-monthly-update/

"What next?
In internal QA right now are new tag features (color, tag organization) and the new WatchOS app, which we’re excited to share soon. After that, we’ll pick up a slew of collaboration upgrades (notably admin features)."

So I guess they are making changes to this.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next