ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by SRhyse"
SRhyse

Posted Aug 02, 2010 in: Customed View
Score: 0
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2010
  • Score: 0
You can also check and uncheck which contexts are and aren't shown in any view on both the iPhone and Webapp.

Webapp side, it's under Filters, Contexts.

iPhone side, click on the bar near the top of a task page, then the contexts tab, checking/unchecking which ones you'd like to see/hide at the time.
SRhyse

Posted Aug 01, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2010
  • Score: 1
Posted by Transisto:
It's never been about whether it look nice or not to me or you,

Parts of the UI is "Obviously WRONG" not "Obviously Ugly"

It's about humans understanding how it work without cringing.

You were replying to :
The UI is a very key part of the functionality. Without it getting better the other features/functionality get lost in the mix.

Your opinion being :
Posted by Scott:
Seriously - I don't understand the issue with the UI.

READ THE F..... WHOLE THING !

If there are specific changes you'd like to be made to the UI, and have specific ways you think they could be implemented in such short spans of time as you've predicted, why not go into detail with them in this thread?

Why not draw them up, host 'em on image shack and post them in this thread for reference and inspiration? Why not just write up the specific steps to do it, making Toodledo-for-Transisto a reality within this very thread? If what you'd like to be accomplished is as easy and timely a matter as you seem to believe, erroneously or not, why not take matters into your own hands then?

Why not do something constructive and productive with your passion for it, rather than something you would do? It'd be a project to be sure, but I can recommend an online task manager service that could help manage it for you.

This message was edited Aug 01, 2010.
SRhyse

Score: 2
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2010
  • Score: 2
I think I already tossed out Evernote, but I didn't toss out TextExpander on the iPhone. Makes date stamping things a breeze.

This message was edited Aug 01, 2010.
SRhyse

Posted Jul 30, 2010 in: Can a task live in multple folders?
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2010
No, you'd need to use tags for that.
SRhyse

• SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2010
Ya, this is too generic a thing in too different a medium with absolutely no conflict or bearing between the two uses to have any sort of copyright claims to make against it in cognacwck37's Mom's case. Atleast legitimate ones. She could make illegitimate ones I suppose, if she's into that sort of thing.

Any time, money or effort put into pursuing this would far outweigh the complete lack of reward for trying.
SRhyse

Posted Jul 29, 2010 in: News forum
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2010
There's an RSS feed and updating blog you can subscribe to here-

http://www.toodledo.com/info/news.php

The feed's also available to subscribe to on any page if your browser supports finding it.

The news page updates every single times there's an update to the Web or iPhone apps, listing the new features (with a few tweaks here and there often remaining unmentioned).

This message was edited Jul 29, 2010.
SRhyse

• SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2010
I use Starring in pretty much the same way as you.

I get around that by setting the start date and due dates of a task in question to be the same, then hiding future tasks. You can also get alot of mileage out of setting the task to repeat on completion instead of due date. Taken together, they keep me from seeing a bunch of the same tasks in the star view.
SRhyse

Posted Jul 27, 2010 in: Multiple subtasks
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2010
As of yet no. It'd be GREAT if tasks indented/tabbed in the multi add window automatically were added in the line order they were written to the first non tabbed/indented task above them.
SRhyse

Posted Jul 26, 2010 in: Tag
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2010
If tags are enabled in your account settings ( http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=8 ), just type in anything you want to be a tag in a task's tag field, separating multiple tags by commas.

As in-

Task
--Tag Field
---Finance, Grocery, Costco
(Finance, Grocery, and Costco being independent tags)

This message was edited Jul 26, 2010.
SRhyse

• SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2010
Posted by dbrdhuk:
How do I know Toodledo won't get peed off with ToDo and cut them off too?

Business and context I suppose.

Considering they recently negotiated this, it seems unlikely-
http://www.appigo.com/todo/rtm-status

Toodledo also only makes $3 a purchase off their iPhone app, their main money coming from the Pro and Pro Plus yearly subscriptions (all the more reason to give out free samples of the subscriptions to avid users to get them to stay with them). All iPhone clients syncing with Toodledo give a better desktop partnered experience with their Pro accounts, which only gives Toodledo incentive to be open about their API. If all the iPhone todo apps sync with Toodledo and it's Pro accounts, Toodledo still comes out better than if absolutely no one bought Jake's own native iPhone app. It's priced low enough that alot of people tend to buy it in addition to the others just to test it out, once they've been turned on to Toodledo through any of the services that sync with it.

Toodledo's always been generally nice and friendly as well, whereas Remember the Milk's been dicking their users from the beginning.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2010.
SRhyse

Score: 1
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2010
  • Score: 1
Parent tasks with subtasks in Toodledo can be either Projects or Checklists in 2Do. Though Toodledo will only display them as parent tasks with subtasks, 2Do stores meta data in the notes of the tasks that distinguishes them as either projects or checklists in their app (atleast in it's current version, 2.0's suppose to drop in a week or so). Projects/Checklists made in 2Do only show up as parent tasks with subtasks in Toodledo if you have a Pro account.

Calendar tabs in 2Do can sync to either folders OR contexts in Toodledo, depending on what you select in 2Do's options. This doesn't apply to saved search tabs in 2Do.

Tags are tags, notes are notes, stars are stars, and due dates are due dates between the two programs. Toodledo reminders don't sync with 2Do reminders, however. They both work and stay associated with the tasks depending on which app you set them in, but Toodledo won't ever acknowledge 2Do reminders, and 2Do won't ever acknowledge Toodledo reminders.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2010.
SRhyse

Posted Jul 19, 2010 in: iPhone App Update to Version 2.0.3
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2010
Sync on startup works for me with my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.
SRhyse

Posted Jul 17, 2010 in: Global Quick Search?
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2010
The new searches you make under the search view are global. They're based on the criteria you select, but they search based on that criteria globally.

Having a quick search that quick searched all your task titles from any view, in addition to the current quick search that searches the present view with filters, would be nifty.
SRhyse

Posted Jul 16, 2010 in: Why can't ya...
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2010
You can have the repeat option (or any of the options) turned on in your account settings, but have that and all attributes of a task hidden unless you expand them by switching to multi line view in your account settings http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9 , or from the toggle button on any task page.

When you're adding a new task from a page of tasks, all the attributes you've enabled show up as the task's being added if you want to assign or edit them, but will then be hidden after you hit 'add task' if you're in multi line view.
SRhyse

• SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2010
Based on how you're looking to use it, it sounds like you can use Tags to accomplish that.

Tasks can only have one folder, context, status, priority, etc, but they can currently have an unlimited number of tags that you can sort by, search for, etc.
SRhyse

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Evernote's New Trunk
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2010
Any other Evernote users see their press conference this morning about their new third party app service Trunk?

A summary-
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Evernote-Launches-The-Trunk-to-Showcase-Integrations-Built-o n-the-Evernote-Platform-1290193.htm

Their blog about it-
http://blog.evernote.com/2010/07/14/the-evernote-trunk/

If you've got the Desktop App and update it, there's a button to access the Trunk as of now. Currently going through it.

Hoping Toodledo hops on the Trunk. Or in the Trunk. Whichever's more appropriate to Toodledo and hopping.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2010.
SRhyse

• SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2010
Posted by Transisto:
Sorry It was not meant to be a suggestion.

I wanted to flag this as a bug, namely, "Workflow totally broken".

Thank You.

Flagging things like that on the forum currently isn't a feature. I tried flagging you as "Made of whine," for example, but it didn't go through.

It worked when I filled out a support ticket though. In the future, you can do that here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
SRhyse

Posted Jul 10, 2010 in: Search feature on iphone app
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2010
If you're talking about a general search, if you scroll up a bit on any list, the search bar will show up.

If you're taking about the multi-tiered, complex saved search feature on the site, ya, that'd be great to have mobiley.
SRhyse

• SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2010
The "GTD preaches prioritization on the fly based on context, time, energy, and priority" you're referring to is more a criticism of thinking you need to work on absolutely everything that's more important to you at any given moment before getting to anything else, even when you've only got 5 spare minutes dragging yourself home after a 26 mile run in the woods. It's not referring to using Toodledo's priority feature, nor advising anyone to avoid it ;).

I use priority to give 'weight' to any tasks I put into the system. There isn't any conceptual explanation you can give on how to weight things that won't be largely arbitrary to anyone but the person giving it, so it's more a gut decision you have to make if you wanna do it. Something being a commitment I've made to someone else, having alot of negative consequences if I don't do it, and generally having a much larger pay off than any time or energy I put into it tends to warrant a higher priority on things, but that all still happens as an intuitive "How do I wanna weight this?" decision when I put a task in. I default everything to a priority of '0 - low.' Most tasks stay that way, so it's not alot of additional clicking that I need to do in order to use it.

Sorting by importance helps alot from there, which I think is one of the unsung heroes of Toodledo. You can read more about how that works here http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=importance, but it looks at a all the information you associate with tasks and how you've interacted with them to give a pretty nifty and dynamic arrangement of how worthwhile each item might be to you at the moment.

Keep in mind, an item appearing higher than another on the list, when sorting by any method, doesn't mean you have to do that before you do anything under it. It does do a great job of letting the gems rise from the chaff, however.

This message was edited Jul 09, 2010.
SRhyse

Posted Jul 09, 2010 in: notebook vs. reference
Score: -1
  • SRhyse
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2010
  • Score: -1
No, I don't think you're missing anything.

The only real 'advantage' of the Notebook over a task with a status of 'Reference' is that it exists in a completely separate space from your task lists. It won't ever, in any way shape or form, appear on any task list, ever, within the current build of Toodledo.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next