ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by coolexplorer"
coolexplorer

Posted Aug 24, 2017 in: Project Support Material
Score: 0
Posted by Frogboy:
Try IFTTT

and/or TaskClone

Tried both IFTTT and TaskClone for a while. IFTT is powerful (still use it to automatically register a GCalendar event entry into TD), but smooth integration between Evernote or GCalendar with Toodledo is non-existent. We have to make-do because all the 3 are great apps but don't speak to one another.
coolexplorer

Posted Jul 21, 2017 in: Android App Refresh
Score: 2
In the Android native TD App I have set the app to sync with the TD website every 3 hours, it should therefore operate offline in the interim.
However whenever I make the smallest change in any of the tasks on my mobile (OnePlus 3T running Nougat) there is movement in the sync bar and the app hangs till processing of the change is complete. Is this expected, and can the processing be made instantaneous in the native android app, It is quite a pain to wait each time before making further changes.
coolexplorer

Posted Jun 30, 2017 in: Monthly Updates
Posted by Jake:
I'll consider it. It was a bit of work to keep track of all that and I wasnt sure that many people were reading it.

I used to eagerly read the monthly reviews.

However I appreciate that being always transparent and accountable is tough going, because it demands very high standards and no slacking off. Humans need to slack of every now and then, and have a beer or go for a hike, or what is life for?

In addition most of the important things one does in the background for maintenance and planning is not necessarily exciting, presentable or marketable.

Nice to know that our favorite App is getting due development attention though. :)

This message was edited Jun 30, 2017.
coolexplorer

Posted Jun 25, 2017 in: Recurring Tasks
Score: 2
I can see the sense and use case for what you are requesting, however in some 'use cases' this causes a miserable problem.
Eg, I set up 5 routine recurring tasks that I want to do everyday. In Google Calendar it fills up every day slot to perpetuity. Therefore in the month at a glance view no other appointments, events, birthdays, holidays are visible, A terrible clutter that gives me a headache.

What is really required is a checkbox operation to decide which tasks show/repeat in a third party calendar. You can then block of some and show others, as per your preference.
The Android app 'Ultimate To Do' List has this ability, so it is technically possible. Depends on the priority and 'to do list' of TD.
coolexplorer

This is the biggest bugbear I have with the otherwise excellent TD service.
I use TD's ICal link in Google Calendar but it takes forever to sync changes and I cant alter the tasks (shift or edit TD tasks) via Google Calendar.
Its not technically impossible to do so cos the Android app 'Ultimate To Do App' does all this very well. I would rather use TDs Android app, but it doesn't have this capability, and is not likely to in any near timeframe.
coolexplorer

Posted Jun 17, 2017 in: Thanks to Jeff and TD Staff & Good bye
Salgud, thanks for your guidance to TD novices and experts, and for pushing for features and efficiency from the TD service.
Enjoy your new role and the opportunities it offers.
Best wishes all the way from India.
Chris
coolexplorer

Posted May 08, 2017 in: Wishlist: Allow note and link in Habits
Or track the Habits in our Daily To Do Hotlist.
Why look at more than one screen ? Everything to be done Today (including routine Habits) should appear in the Hotlist, otherwise it will often be forgotten. Habit Analysis i.e. graphs, chains, etc could be in the separate Habit tab.
I put my Habits in a separate Task folder and they appear in my Daily Custom Search Hotlist. However I cant track/analyse them as efficiently as in the Habit tab.
coolexplorer

Score: 1
I agree, the colors of the Parents and Subtasks are quite indistinguishable.
Jake, could you consider increasing the contrast between the two slightly.
If you think it would disturb other users, you could give it as an option.
Thanks.
coolexplorer

Posted by Jake:
There is not a keyboard shortcut, but you can change your filters to have subtasks hidden by default and then they will all be collapsed and you will have to click to reveal them.

The workaround 'of keeping subtasks hidden' is interesting, but one has to click each Parent individually to open its subtasks.
A universal keyboard shortcut to open and close (toggle) all subtasks (in the indented mode) would be super useful for Silver subscribers.
coolexplorer

Tried again, recently. Chrome 58.0.3029.96 on Windows 10.
Automatic Scrolling does not work, therefore unable to easily move a task to a potential Parent which is off the current screen.

Besides Jake :), can any other Chrome browser users confirm that automatic scrolling works to move a TD task off the current screen to a Parent that is some distance away (requiring scrolling).
coolexplorer

In the TD website it does not automatically scroll when I drag a subtask from offscreen (top or bottom of the list).
I am using Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133
coolexplorer

The Parent and Sub-tasks feature of TD is very useful, particularly the ability to drag an un-linked task into another task thus setting up a Parent- Subtask relationship.

Often however the task and its potential parent are separated by a large number of other tasks and are off-screen, requiring automatic scrolling which does not happen. My work-around is to arbitrary move the potential sub-task to a task closer and closer to the potential parent task until it is on the same screen and can be easily moved to the right parent. This work around is frankly ridiculous, time consuming and causes errors.

Would help if the scrolling would be automatically initiated and work smoothly in both the web and app, or the existing Parent/Project tasks could be shown in a drop down menu so that a task from anywhere in the database could be easily linked to it.
coolexplorer

Posted Apr 18, 2017 in: Conditional Calender
Posted by hanpa.no6_2:
I use Calendar Syncing feature with Google Calendar. All tasks with start/due date/time are displayed on the calendar.
However I input bit and pieces daily routine tasks, I need not to see them in calendar.
So, I request feature to make a condition to select tasks displays on calendar.

I too share my TD with Google Calendar. In TD I see the next iteration of a repeating task only if it is completed. However in Google Calendar it populates the task for years without end and clutters the whole calendar.

Can we allow for next task generation in Google Calendar only on completion of the task?
coolexplorer

TD gives overriding importance to the Sequence of the tags, i.e. the First tag gets preference in Sorting. IMO no other app uses tags like this.

For Sorting TD should give preference for symbols, numbers, alphabets, like you do in other areas of the TD program.

Use Case : I would like to give tags 1-10 for tasks in my Custom Hotlist so that I can sort them in my preferred order of doing. This works excellently if a task only has a single Number tag. The moment you add other tags the sorting gets scrambled. Eg.

TASK TAG
Buy Milk 1
Fix the fridge 3
Phone Dad dad, garden, 2

Could you allow Tags to give preference to numbers in Sorting (rather than the sequence in which tags are entered). The rest remains the same.
coolexplorer

I can see the point that adding an additional color marker complicates rather than simplifies and makes the worksheet noisy/busy.

In fact you could drop the numbers in the Priorities and only keep the Top, High, Low, Negative, and color these texts or the entire field with red, orange, blue, grey.

I understand the programming reason for the numbers (and their significance in calculating Importance), but that should be behind the curtain. A common user could just mark his/her tasks as Top or Low and the app can figure out the importance behind the scene.
Why have both numbers and words? In fact there could be confusion because 1 is normally regarded as having a higher priority than 3, but it is the reverse in TD.
You would even save some space, with a narrower priority column.
coolexplorer

These are the inconsistencies I found :

- Doesn't tab through the Location field
- Doesn't select 0 or Negative with first character
- No consistency in selecting options for fields with first character (some open input box and shortlist items, some grey select item from menu). Shortlisting items is better.
- When clicking large round Tasks icon on left to refresh page it moves from current selected page to "Recently Completed tasks" page.
- Tabbing through a task does not take me through all fields in sequence. It stops at the Parent / Subtask column, then again at the Location column.
coolexplorer

Posted Mar 09, 2017 in: Push Notifications in Browsers
I often forget to check my TD app / widget during the day, and a buzzing alarm could keep me on track. Currently I have to use the alarm in my clock app for my very important time sensitive tasks.

Would certainly help us in getting things done if Notifications (on tasks due, alarms, etc.) have the option to be made more intrusive (noticeable) and persistent (snooze-repeat function) on both the TD Website (Chrome) and TD Mobile app (Android).

Ultimate To Do android App has persistent alarms in the mobile notification shade, but I would prefer to use the TD app. Maybe I am doing it wrong, and someone can advise the right approach.
coolexplorer

Posted by mlb32704:
It's probably just me and a matter of getting used to it, but so far I've been playing around with the new layout from a basic usage perspective as I always use ToodleDo. The new layout looks nicer, but overall the old layout is more user friendly. That's my opinion, sorry. Not that I would imagine ToodleDo is ever going to stand still and remain the same even if it worked perfectly fine before it was "broken", but the old version was fine, sorry.

I guess user preference varies. Maybe it is just a matter of getting used to it, as I was a beta tester. I really like the new version (particularly the repeat icon in the checkbox, the easy task delete options, the sub-task visibility, the priority colors, the easy modification of custom searches, the easy resizing of columns, etc, etc).

Yes there are quite a few important issues to be ironed out as mentioned by other users in comments above. I am sure they will be in a short while, as Jake is very responsive to feedback.

This message was edited Mar 09, 2017.
coolexplorer

Posted Mar 07, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
Looking forward to the new TD website having more and more OFFLINE support, as my internet is often flaky.

Appreciate all the changes made in TD, kindly keep improving the Task section of the service.
coolexplorer

Posted Mar 07, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
Posted by bpimentel+toodledo:
I like the little "recurring" icon that appears within the check box for recurring tasks, but it also makes it harder to tell at a glance what's completed and what isn't. My preference would be for more visual contrast there, or maybe move the icon elsewhere?
Thanks for the nice update!

Try going to Settings and selecting option of striking out completed tasks, to give a better visual feel of completion. May help, or not.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15      Next