Search results for "Posted by aleding"
aleding

Posted Jun 22, 2016 in: Date manipulation
Score: 0
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2016
  • Score: 0
I've got a couple questions re:date manipulation:

1) In the FAQ, I found the description of the language date entry options but was wondering if there are others available but not listed there? For example, is there any way to enter something like "two days from now"?

2) When using these language based dates in custom searches, I aways type these in manually but I'm wondering if selecting them via the mouse will provide the same effect. I do note that the actual entry saved in the field is different (actual date vs. the word "today") so not sure.

Thanks.
aleding

Posted Jun 22, 2016 in: Missing deferred filter?
  • aleding
This just re-appeared - did you guys do something?
aleding

Score: 1
  • aleding
  • Score: 1
Jake and ToodleDo Team,

I'm nearly BEGGING for you to do this and I know it must be easy because it's actually already partially done.

Have the web portal show the task title in bold whenever the status is ACTIVE. As we know, the status itself becomes bold when the task is active so then just extend this same formatting to the task title. It would basically look the same as if setting the due date to today or earlier. I know one might say "Well Tony - just set the Due date to today or earlier" but the thing is this - we should still be able to get this awesome bold formatting and still use the due date as what we need it for - in essence to document the actual due date and not as a switch for bold titles.

I cannot tell you how much this helps in being able to print your todo list and track each task individually.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this happen - I know others will thank you along with me...
aleding

Posted Jun 22, 2016 in: Introducing our new Homepage
  • aleding

This message was edited Jun 22, 2016.
aleding

Posted Jun 22, 2016 in: Missing deferred filter?
  • aleding
Has the deferred filter been moved or removed? This used to be near the top of the filter drop-down and it's missing. I searched the forums and did not see any notification that this had been changed.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: May 22, 2016
No need to be sorry - I just think it's still incredibly valuable - seriously I'm glad I had a backup of it and I think there's more than a few folks like me who didn't buy into Apple's "ElCap - This is the Nirvana you've been waiting for" Kool-aid...
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: May 19, 2016
I'm not sure what you mean here - the app works fine on ML - are you saying it's busted in Mavs and later? If so, you should still keep it on your website with a disclaimer. It's a tremendously useful tool and again, it works fine for us folks that see no need to UG to Mavs --> ElCap...
aleding

Posted May 19, 2016 in: ToodleDo - STILL the Best!
  • aleding
+100 (inflation) - been a user for 4+ years and whenever I check the alternatives out there, TD still slays them all...

Would love some more printing\reporting options though...
aleding

• aleding
Hello,

I was searching for the Mac toolbar app and note that is no longer listed anywhere in the tools section of the ToodleDo website. Also, after finding an old link for it, the page references the ability to download the app from the app store however, when that is attempted, the app store says it is no longer available.

Thought you guys might wanna know so you could clean up the some of the issues.

Thanks.
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2015
YES YES YES - THANK YOU immensely to the user community for driving this and to Toodledo for listening and then acting. I was about to cancel my subscription but then I saw the users raise objections and make requests followed by Toodledo taking action which gives me hope the UI\UX wil get fixed.

Now, if we can just get Toodledo to develop a functional reporting\printing tool for us...
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2015
Does that mean NO - the old format is not available?

This message was edited Oct 27, 2015.
aleding

Score: -1
  • aleding
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2015
  • Score: -1
Sorry guys but this new layout is totally unusable - at least for me...things are WAY too cumbersome now and quite frankly, you guys clearly forgot the addage that has worked for all time - if it ain't broke, don't fix it...there was very little wrong with the previous iteration and I have zero idea why you felt compelled to change it...

You have somehow managed to make Omnifocus look\feel\operate better that Toodledo which I thought was impossible...

PLEASE tell me there is a way to let users use the previous far more functional layout...

Thanks.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2015.
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2015
Hello,

So the new interface changed the folder list on the left side of the operating space. Now we have just one hugely long list of folders which is terribly cumbersome for those that have many folders. This is easily solved by:

--- Allow a 2-column display (as before);
--- Allow - via custom CSS or similar - for the font to be changed for specific areas of the UI - like the folder lists.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
aleding

Posted Jun 29, 2014 in: Toodledo continues...
Score: 2
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2014
  • Score: 2
...to just simply kick ass. That's all - just wanted to post for the developers and all to see. Toodledo is the bar by which others can only hope to be measured...
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2014
Hello,

Starting today, when I log into Toodledo, I am receiving a request to validate an expired certificate. I have a screenshot of the message so ail try to uplod. I believe the cert expired on Apr 27th which makes sense given that the issue started today.

Any thoughts from the Toodledo folks on this?

This message was edited Apr 27, 2014.
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2014
Thanks Sabina - do tasks entered via the Menu Bar App have any default settings at all - even if separate from the web interface?
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2014
Hello,

Are tasks that are added via the Mac Menu Bar App supposed to use the same defaults that are configured via the Settings --> New Task Defaults?

Thanks.
aleding

Posted Jan 24, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2014
Posted by Salgud:
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."
Strother Martin as "Boss", "Cool Hand Luke"

It seems to me that there is a communications issue here, between some users and Jake about what the Priorities/Importance should be in TD's development. Many of us users would like to see more depth added to the task management part of TD. This would include features like Dependencies (aka sequencing), Saved Views (sort and filter settings save with Saved Search) and so forth. A lot of bug fixes fall in with these. Many of us would like to see these things attended to first.

OTOH, Jake wants to maximize profits on TD, like any intelligent small business owner. It appears to me, though Jake may not want to say so outright, that he has decided the best way to increase profits is to expand TD horizontally rather than vertically, which means adding entirely new features, like Lists and Outlines, alongside TD's already considerably extensive task management features, and give relatively little effort to adding depth.

While I would much prefer the other route, Jake stubbornly :) continues to want to make money out of his business. I can relate to this as I have had a few businesses and I wanted to make money from them too. Having added new features, development efforts appear to be going more to giving some depth and better integration of these new features than to development of the task management side, and it will remain this way for the foreseeable future.

I'm not happy about this, as now that I've found what is one of the best task managers available, I've found it just as its maturation has ceased. It is my perception that in the few years I have before I retire and no longer need a powerful, high end task manager, I'll won't see most, if any, of the features I most desire and need. Certainly a disappointment, though not up there with never being an NFL starting quarterback, and never having dated Bridgett Bardot (google her pic, youngsters!)

Nonetheless, railing at Jake seems pointless to me. I doubt that Jake's head will be turned by my threatening to desert TD, or even taking with me the legions of friends who will immediately subscribe at the Platinum level if he will bend to my will. ;)

I fear that Jake is one stubborn so-and-so, and will keep his eye steadily on the prize, just as any smart entrepreneur would do.

Really - so it's profit issue??? LAFF...yeah, it's such a profitable idea that all the other tech companies do the same thing - start-ups too!!!!

Try again chief...
aleding

Posted Jan 24, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2014
Posted by Jake:
If you were sitting in my seat you would understand. All I can try to do is explain again. We have not put the 1 ticket per day limit in place to stop people from giving us feedback. We want feedback. If you want to give us more than 1 piece of feedback in a single day, please add it to your existing ticket. We will see it and we want to see it.

Secondly, Toodledo gets many many many requests. We add the unique ones to our to-do list. We have 10 years of work queued up in our to-do list right now. Seriously! so we have to prioritize these tasks by a variety of factors. Unfortunately, this means that someone's big idea may not get implemented for years, if at all. This doesn't mean that it is a bad idea or that we aren't listening. It just means that we have other priorities. I know that this is a tough fact to accept, but please understand that we are doing our best to improve Toodledo. We do not have a hidden agenda to ignore, and disgruntle all our customers, I promise.

LOL - you just proved my point - "10 years of work queued" is basically saying that you guys can't scale.

In any event, I have been in your position which is why I can speak from a position of authority - I've done your job for both startups and established companies. I'm not just puling my comments out of my backside because I have some sort of urgent need that needs to be addressed. All your policy does is allow you to be unaccountable regarding product development and bug fixes.
aleding

Posted Jan 23, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2014
Posted by coolexplorer:
Posted by Jake:
...put as many request or questions as you want in the same ticket.The 1 ticket per day limit is there to control spam coming in through our ticketing system and also to discourage people from making 10 similar tickets for the same thing and swamping our ticketing system (yes this did happen quite frequently)....

Makes perfect sense! Thanks for the transparent and comprehensive explanation, and for prompt replies to customer queries.

Actually it doesn't make any sense because elsewhere on the Toodledo website, it clearly states they prefer to learn of feature requests and bugs via the reporting system. I suspect the real reason this policy was implemented is that Toodledo lacks the support resources to handle the volume of information. Their ticketing system is one that provides accountability and visibility into how well they handle these requests and the forums do not hold such a spotlight. In fact, Toodledo's own message about their preference for using the reporting system alludes to volume being an issue...I have quoted it for you here...

"You are welcome to discuss bugs or features...but keep in mind that we may get TOO BUSY to read every comment posted in these forums, so we MAY MISS YOUR IDEA. FOR THIS REASON we would PREFER TO RECEIVE BUG REPORTS AND FEATURE REQUESTS sent to us via our SUPPORT TICKETS".

Hmmm - seems pretty damn clear to me - and also illustrates that the policy makes zero sense.

The net-net is that Toodledo built a good product and as with every good product, it's starts to generate feedback. Toodledo got too much feedback and simply couldn't keep up. Then people started complaining and rather than fix the root cause of the issues, they implemented a really lame policy and then try to justify it with even lamer excuses like SPAM and abuse - both of which are very easily solved while still preserving their customers' unrestricted access to the support and PM teams.

This is all tap-dancing and unfortunately, also my queue to move on. As I said earlier, you guys do have a nice product but not so nice that I can ignore when I'm being peddled a line of bovine goodies. If you guys are understaffed - then fine - that's part of being a start-up and actually a good problem to have - it's means you've got some momentum. But the answer is never to limit what is probably the most valuable commodity any tech company can enjoy - honest and reliable customer feedback.

Moving on - good luck to y'all...
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next