Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Feb 11, 2015 in: Habits Update
Score: 1
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by AA:

Hmmm... Somehow I don't understand what is meant by "dividers on the left side". (?) No big deal.

This refers to headers over the "inbox" "completed" and "failed" sections of the blue sidebar to the left. If you don't want to see habits in that section you may now collapse them to reduce clutter and focus on what you need to.
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Jan 23, 2015 in: Delete a "Habit"
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2015
Method 1- Select the habit you want to delete, then choose "Delete" from the action menu (open the action menu via the blue icon next to the habit's title).

Method 2 - Select the habit you want to delete, then choose "Mark as Completed" from the bottom of the dashboard area.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2015.
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Jan 23, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 2
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2015
  • Score: 2
Posted by Ken Thomas:
I’ve read your requests detailing how you’d like Toodledo users to help you design a better Toodledo. With that in mind, I’ve initially noted the following to give you a brief picture of who I am and how I use Toodledo before detailing some things I think can help you design a better product.

Ken that is a gold mine of information, I couldn't ask for a better post. Thankyou so much for taking the time to write this.

:)

BK
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Dec 30, 2014 in: How do you Toodledo?
Score: 0
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2014
  • Score: 0
Posted by M:
Probably not the kind of story you're looking for, but it's mine!

Your story is absolutely what I'm looking for. Thankyou for sharing!

BK
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Dec 30, 2014 in: New Section: Habits
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2014
Posted by acc.mcpherson:
Also addressing the design interface really should be addressed.

Hi there acc.mcpherson thanks for your suggestions on the interface. You can post any suggestions and observations related to usability and design on the Toodledo redesign forum: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/19506/0/toodledo-redesign-plans.html. I'll be keeping an eye on user input posted to this forum when making design decisions.

BK
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Dec 29, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2014
Posted by andy_1339337623:
By the way, am I the only one confused by Bridget's remit? I think of interface design as being a quite distinct thing -- yet much of the discussion here has been about suggesting new features.

Hey Andy, yes the redesign is specifically related to the interface. However, it's helpful for me to know how people feel about everything from features and functionality to design and branding. The more insight I can get from users the more informed I am when making design decisions. So no need to limit type of input in this discussion. The more detail the better when describing a situation or use case that causes frustration.

This input from MM1772 is a great example. The post includes a great deal of context and describes in detail how the situation occurs and why it is or isn't working.

I use Toodledo almost exclusively on a desktop computer with Mozilla Firefox. I was also using it on an iPod Touch, but I don't use that as much because I'm usually on a desktop, laptop, or my husband's iPad.

I use it at home and at work...

I have some things I have to finish at work, things I have to do on the way home, things I have to do at home to prepare to go out, and things I have to do when I return because I'll be heading out early tomorrow morning.

Keep posting, I'm happy to hear your opinions.
Enjoy the holidays everyone,

BK

This message was edited Dec 29, 2014.
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Nov 21, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2014
Hello all, Bridget here.

Just checking in to let you all know I've got my eye on this thread. Nearly all of these posts have been incredibly helpful, so thank you to everyone who is including reasoning and context to help me fully understand your point of view.

Peter_1391085714 - thankyou for taking the time to create this diagram, having a visual helped me quickly understand your suggestion.

Your Workflow
Are you interested in sharing the way you use Toodledo to create an efficient workflow? If so, I would love to hear it. Since the system is so customizable the possibilities are limitless. Understanding how other users work will help me step out of my own shoes and into yours. If you'd like to participate please use the example below and replace the text after each bold term with your own answer and include as much detail as you are comfortable sharing.

*As usual remember to include reasoning, context, frequency and specific emotions to paint a clearer picture. I need to understand not just how you work, but why that flow works for you.

————————

Example Workflow

I use Toodledo for… keeping track of my tasks at work, and recording things I want to reference in the future. I use TD at work each time I have a big project. I collaborate with my co-workers to make sure they have the assets and information they need to stay up to date. I check in to TD to record reference material about 3-4 times per day. I use TD almost exclusively on a desktop computer with Mozilla Firefox.

View by: [selection in left sidebar] Folders. I separate projects at work into different folders so I can focus on one project at a time.

1st Sort: Status. I'm a visual learner, so I can only handle looking at a few tasks at once without feeling overwhelmed. I use status because I can quickly see which tasks I've been actively working on, and what to do next. These tasks are usually going to someone else when I finish my part, so it's important that I can mark them either delegated to someone else, or waiting for something to happen.

2nd Sort: Tag. I use tags as visual indicators that relate to the status of that task. For example, if a task has the status of "waiting" I use the tag to indicate what I'm waiting for. I write all my tags in capitals so they stand out (like I said, visual learner).

3rd Sort: Star. Every once and a while a task needs special attention for whatever reason. I give it a star because the yellow instantly catches my eye.

Other fields/functions: Attachments. If I delegate a task to someone I often add an attachment so the collaborator has a visual to better understand what the task is about. I also attach a screenshot image if I observe something I want to remember in the future (such as an interesting post in the forums).

—————————

I look forward to reading about your workflow.
Happy Friday everyone,

BK

This message was edited Nov 21, 2014.
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Oct 29, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2014
Hey all, thanks again for taking time to write these posts.

Remember that including specific information about how you use Toodledo will help me to understand more than just what you would like to see changed, but why it is necessary and how it will help you. I've referenced the guidelines mentioned earlier at the bottom of this post as a reminder. I'll continue to keep an eye on this thread throughout the process.

Posted by lizzysparks:
Can we opt in to use the new UI when it starts rolling out...when the new users can?

Hey Lizzy, thanks for the warm welcome!

Any changes will be available for both registered and new users. At the start of this post Jake mentions our redesign of the homepage only as it affects new users. That redesigned page is actually available for everyone, but is just less commonly seen if you already have an account that stays signed in. Here's a post on the topic: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/19518/0/toodledo-redesign-phase-1.html

Here are some guidelines to help me make the most of your suggestion:

- Include your reasoning
i.e. I'd like to see more of this feature because it will help me accomplish this specific goal

- Include context
i.e. I have trouble using this feature when I'm trying to do this specific behavior under these circumstances

- Include frequency
i.e. I experience difficulty with this feature which I use several times per week

- Include specific emotions
i.e. When this particular behavior occurs I feel slightly confused

Happy Wednesday!

BK

This message was edited Oct 29, 2014.
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Sep 19, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Phase 1
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2014
Hi there users! This is Bridget, the new visual and interactive designer at Toodledo.

I'd like to address the decision to stay with the current Toodledo visual brand in this homepage redesign.

Posted by mooskagh:
But the new start page still feels a bit like "1990s"

You bring up a good point mooskagh. Other than minor tweaks the visual aesthetic of Toodledo's homepage has not yet radically changed and here's why. My goal is to create a consistent experience with the interface both before and after you are logged in. A user who's first impression of Toodledo is a sleek and modern interface on the homepage would be confused and potentially disappointed once logged in.

When changes are made to the design elements they must be done so strategically so that the elements remain consistent across the system.

i.e. If the logo changes on the homepage, it must change everywhere else it appears to create a cohesive brand identity

So while there will be changes to the design in the coming future, they will be done so at a pace that allows us to keep everything consistent.

Hope this helps, enjoy the weekend!

BK
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Sep 19, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2014
Hey there Toodledo users,

Just checking in to let you know I have been reviewing all of your responses.

At the moment I'm most interested in hearing detailed accounts and experiences using the following features:

1. Goals
2. Settings
3. Add a Task

I'd like to hear specific scenarios and use cases to better understand your perspective on these three subjects.

* Remember, the more information about your specific use case the better I will understand your point of view.

i.e. I use my Toodledo settings to do this specific set of behaviors very frequently. I encounter the following problems when attempting to achieve this set of behaviors...

Include reason, context, frequency and specific emotions to maximize your feedback.

Thanks, and have a great weekend.

BK

This message was edited Sep 19, 2014.
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Sep 12, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 2
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2014
  • Score: 2
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Posted by Salgud:
Am I mistaken, or are others? I read the introduction of Bridget to be about a facelift, in stages, for TD, but not about adding new features, such as being able to attach files or search task notes (which, by the way, we have been able to do for years). Did I misinterpret Bridget's role at TD?

Good question. My job is not directly related to adding new features, but rather the implementation of both upcoming and existing features. Put simply, I will making it easier, and more enjoyable, for you to get from point A to point B. That said, your suggestions are still valuable. All feedback helps me to better understand your needs and goals within Toodledo, so no need to limit your input!

Here are some guidelines to help me make the most of your suggestion:

- Include your reasoning
i.e. I'd like to see more of this feature because it will help me accomplish this specific goal

- Include context
i.e. I have trouble using this feature when I'm trying to do this specific behavior under these circumstances

- Include frequency
i.e. I experience difficulty with this feature which I use several times per week

- Include specific emotions
When this particular behavior occurs I feel slightly confused

The post below is a great example. M provided me with context (is using a PC), frequency (using it since 1985) and reasoning (has become accustomed to working from the keyboard).

Bridget, that some of us are "old-timers" (I've been using PCs since 1985, before the existence of the computer mouse) and are highly reliant on keyboards and shortcuts. Reaching for a mouse slows me down, big-time. I want to do as much entry/editing/menu access via the keyboard as I can.

That’s all for now, enjoy the weekend

BK

This message was edited Sep 12, 2014.
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Sep 10, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 8
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2014
  • Score: 8
Hi Toodledo users,

As mentioned above my name is Bridget and I will be taking on the roll of Visual and Interaction Design. I am happy to be joining the team and I look forward to getting started on Toodledo. Over the course of the coming year I will be working closely with our development team to make improvements in ease of use, visual aesthetics and the overall experience of Toodledo.

Please feel free to reach out to me any time. I’m happy to hear your perspective as a Toodledo user.

Bridget
Bridget K

Toodledo Moderator
Posted Jun 04, 2014 in: How do you Toodledo?
  • Bridget K (Moderator)
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2014
Do you use toodledo in a unique way? Maybe you use Toodledo to keep up creative interests or hobbies? Does it help productivity in your business?

I'd like to hear your unique Toodledo story!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3